DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Unofficial Minecraft Thread

_echo

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I'll give it a go :)

EDIT: hmm, I don't think it's a viable technique, or I can't get the hang of it. When you take into consideration the amount of lava used up, its not really any better to manually placing the stone :shrug:

Edited by the-manta

Thanks, I'll give it a go :)

EDIT: hmm, I don't think it's a viable technique, or I can't get the hang of it. When you take into consideration the amount of lava used up, its not really any better to manually placing the stone :shrug:

Wel the point is if you do it this way it doesn't use up any lava. You only need one bucket of it and you still have it at the end.

Pick up the lava source before pouring the water

Ah, I finally got the hang of it :) I was being to quick with the water, so all that happened was the block immediately surrounding the source turned o cobbles, and the water stayed, without producing any more. Now I wait until the lava level has sunk to one block below the source spot, then pour the water, works a treat :)

Lynrae has made her home underground on the landmass across the water from the public fort.

I found a rich cave near there, we've taken a ton of iron out of it.

I tried out a neat trap design I found on the wiki, it uses a preasure plate to release a lava flo. I've got a non-lethal water version set up in the experiment courtyard of my castle. It exploits a technical quirk of how liquids calculate where to flow. link

I need a new building project...I kinda want to make a small town. several buildings, roads, yards etc.

I've cleared some trees from the site and spread out torches to make it safer to build at night.

I've also started building a commuter bridge from near my castle across the sea to the land mass the village will be on.

commute.jpg

commute2.jpg

Apparently my brother figured out my password (Need to hide the paper better) and claims to have griefed someone's castle on the server. I'm not sure what he did, but I'll be trying to find out. And change my password at that.

Edit: I found it, it's on a castle away from the spawn across a short ocean section. He burned out the flooring inside of a tower, but the damage appears minor. I'll see if I can fix it best as I can.

'nother Edit: Joben's fixed it. The damage was to the-manta's castle, with the bedroom having had its floor burned away. You might want to make sure nothing else happened, but the floor there was all he said he burned.

Did some more work on the huge bridge.

It's now 5 blocks wide, and has 1 lane of track layed down.

Also I constructed two sets of support pylons on the end closest to my castle.

At the far end it's going to need an ending point and road(s) leading up to it. As it stands now it ends above tree-top level over a small island.

If anyone wants to start buiiding a slope closer to ground level that would be cool.

@Ub3r: as far as I can tell, nothing is out of place in the castle :)

I only remembered when I logged back on that last time I played I died horribly in a deep dark cave I had no hope of getting back to, so I lost all my armour, tools, etc :crybaby: oh well, that's the game right?

@Joben: I'm currently in the treetop safehouse- there is a huge amount of cobblestone and brick there, am I to assume this for the town/bridge? If so I can get working on the bridge, if not I'll go mining (I used up all my cobblestone building a new castle, or starting to).