DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion Boss Fight Youtube Channel

JulianSull

Boss Fight

Hey everyone! Name’s Julian Sullivan.

The short of it

I’ve started up a new channel called MrBossFight on Youtube. Every two weeks I’m going to come up with a new boss fight for Oblivion. They’re going to be pretty short but I can assure you I put a lot of effort into them. Check out my intro video here.

YOU CHOOSE THE LEVEL!

Leave comments on the videos or on this post and if I like the idea I’ll make the level about that. Keep in mind, I’m only one man at the moment =).

Levels start June 3rd! (And every two Fridays afterwards)

Check it out here!

The story of it

In the world of Cyrodil there will be small objects appearing. When you touch them, you gain a spell which lets you embody someone else. These people are heroes. They are people at their most climactic moments.

Why are they showing up? Who knows? Well, I do. But that comes with time =).

The mechanics of it

To start a level, you have to find the object that represents it in Cyrodil. Relax, if you don’t like puzzles I have the answers in the readme. Once you find it, you touch the object and cast the spell it gives you. From there, you have to try to complete the level. Following what the original person did is usually the only way out, so try to avoid killing your allies.

If you complete it, you get a prize. If you cheat by opening the console (At all), having god mode on or toggle collision off, then you get nothing. Only fair, right? Besides, if you cheat what do you need prizes for anyways?

The only prize isn’t just completing the level. Each level comes with optional challenges and rewards:

1) Difficulty Challenge – Completing the level with the difficulty meter all the way up. Keep in mind it has to be all the way up BEFORE you cast the spell to teleport in.

2) Handicap Challenge – Completing the level with the stated handicap (different depending on the level)

3) Bear Challenge – Each level is going to have small cuddly bears hidden in the level. Each one has a small money prize attached to them.

If you complete both the difficulty challenge and handicap challenge, you get a bigger prize.

Each level gives you a special prize. For instance, if there was a level about space, I’d give you a space ship or a staff that knocks enemies up to space or something. There are no levels about space…Probably won’t be.

What you can do

You can do two things: Either help me or play my levels!

If you want to join me in making levels, I could really use vocal talent, artists and play testers so I can get better content out there. Keep in mind, every level is going to restricted to either a two week deadline or a 1 month deadline so I need people who are good and can keep up with short deadlines. I am, of course, realistic. If you join me as an artists, I’m not going to ask for an entire city tile set by the weekend. You have a life, just as I do.

Boss Fight 3 - The Dismal Thicket

This one is a lot more open and probably the best one I've made so far! Check it out!

Download here:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39191

Edited by JulianSull

Quick update:

First off, I'll be added weekly tutorials to the channel. Second:

I have four levels on backup and I need to pick one of them to be the one I use first. So, I'll let you guys pick:

1) Midnight - Short - 6/10 difficulty

2) Sea Monster - Short - 5/10 difficulty

3) Storm - Short - 7/10 difficulty

4) Stygian Halls - Long - 8/10 difficulty

Let me know on the video on my channel or reply to this post!

Don't forget to subscribe or watch this topic so you can keep up!

• 2 weeks later...

Boss Fight 1 : The Stygian Halls

Click here for the video. Be sure to watch the whole thing. When you complete the mod, check out the Aftermath video on my channel to find out what happens! File link is in the description!

Notes:

There are three hidden teddy bears. Good luck finding them!

Feel free to send me pictures or upload them to the file's page!

Edited by JulianSull

• 2 weeks later...

This look interesting. I'll try it out, and give you some feedback when I'm done

EDIT:

Progress so far:

I just beat Xilivai.

I really like the mod, it is really fun. But I do have a few gripes and recommendations for later mods.

-You need to buff up the normal enemies, so they are not just mindless fodder. Have them patrol the area, to prove a harder challenge for sneakers.

-The first 2 bosses, the Storm Atronach and the Shadow, are wayyyy tooo easy.

-Xilivai isn't hard, but it is a long battle. He has wayyyyy tooo much health.

Will add more in about an hour. I have an appointment.

EDIT 2:

I got to the first fight with Pressia. After fighting her, on the way back (The path with the fireball hall and the mages) the game bugged and wouldn't let me move. I tried reloading and such, but it left me bugged.

Notes on the fight with Xilivai:

-He didn't really hit hard, the Clanfear were more annoying.

-You could easily kite up the littler walkway with the stairs, and just unleash arrows on him. The Clanfear weren't smart enough to travel up there, and the boss did not always use his spell attack for some reason.

The Pressia Fight (Or at least the first one, I didn't get any farther due to the game bugging) was the most balanced imo. It wasn't a long fight, but it still was a hard one if you didn't dodge her attacks. She hit hard and had just the right amount of health.

Edited by IxFlashPointxI

Haha that's kind of funny. Yeah. You didn't do Xivili right. There was a button in that room. You know, with the red light. If you hit that, it shoots fireball at him. Presia kept it there as a defense system in case the giant got out of control. =D He has about 3 health in that case. I kept the other bosses fairly easy because of the difficulty challenge but I agree they need something more. As for patrols, completely right and noted for next time =).

Check out my other mod too. It's a LOT better in my opinion. Much more light hearted.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloading and about to play The Dismal Ticket. Will edit post with feedback later.

EDIT: Once I used the ledges to get to that little outpost, once I jumped down I fought a banshee. I continued a little farther and found a little pond. When I tried to traverse the pond, the game crashed.

Edited by IxFlashPointxI

• 2 weeks later...

Note to anyone who downloaded The Dismal Thicket and had texture issues, that issue is completely fixed and a new version is being uploaded right now. If you haven't played it, give it a shot and check out the new level as well!

Dismal Thicket

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39191

The Hunter

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39432

• 12 years later...

"Your channel is a boss fight in itself! The intense battles, epic strategies, and nail-biting moments keep me hooked. Your expertise and commentary make every video thrilling. I can't wait to see what challenging bosses you tackle next. Keep up the great work!"

Edited by Lydiaa