DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

InsanitySorrow

The Official TES Alliance Elder Scrolls V Speculation and Information Thread

Skyrim02-1.jpg

Perfect little spot for all of us to discuss the developing news and rumors we hear concerning TESV! No better way to get this topic started than by having Witty start it off!! His thread "Next ES Game" is our beginning!! Hopefully soon this will have a wonderful end!!!---Beana

Let the speculation begin!!!! Original Post by Witty:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like FO3 rocks.

5783bdeffdea.jpg

Notice the stream sides, its eroded and we can see roots. The yellow plant on the left, looks like some kind of gourd or pumpkin.

a769e392b0bb.jpg

In this one we can see different kind of corpses in the background.

2bc645c2a638.jpg

The water looks close to Fallout 3's radioactive green. Odd.

It looks really murky to me, but I haven't played Fallout 3 yet *runs*.

The screens look beautiful as always. I knew they could do amazing landscapes (Morrowind looked beautiful in its time and so did Oblivion) but what I like the most is the 3rd shot, especially the blood on the blade and the detail of the corpses (that didn't sound very well :P)

Those aren't drinking horns, they're candle-holders I think. Seems to be some recurring theme. The guy looks AWESOME though, looks like TES will finally see truly unique characters this time round. I love the mammoths with their weathered tusks and shaggy coats. I'm trying to work out if the giant is directly behind the far mammoth or in the distance

Same pics but BIGGER

fc4ebf2acecb.jpg

652e2104ae27.jpg

and another new one, nice musculature, river in cave tunnel.

bcb28ca89d9c.jpg

Its been said that we, pc gamers, will benefit from DX11, which is not shown in these xbox screenshots. :dizzy:

Its been said that we, pc gamers, will benefit from DX11, which is not shown in these xbox screenshots. :dizzy:

We'll have to wait and see, there is no saying we'll see a big step up from the console versions, so try to not get too excited until they show us the PC version XD

Well at least the horses have reins this go around huzzah for progress :rofl: Can't say I'm too fond of the over-muscular look, a bit unnatural even for a heavy breed, the hair looks weighted strangely as well, but it's definitely an improvement to Oblivion horses. I'm hoping that what we are really seeing in this pic is mounted combat possibilities. :yes:

Thank you for the pics!

Well I think Nordic horses have to be strong and muscular and well packed in warm hair :)

The houses in the third shot remind me strongly of the recently released Highrock resources by Mr. Siika. Good instinct to release them right now :D

Well I think Nordic horses have to be strong and muscular and well packed in warm hair :)

I agree, just think they overdid it a bit. Granted could be a bad angle in the screencap, but looks too bulky in the shoulder and thigh areas. :shrug:

I agree, just think they overdid it a bit. Granted could be a bad angle in the screencap, but looks too bulky in the shoulder and thigh areas. :shrug:

I have to agree, in the latest video, where you see him moving on horseback in 3rd person mode, I couldn't ignore how enormous the horse's thighs were. They were like two barrels strapped together O_o There's also something weird about the way they're doing thick hair/fur I think. You can see it on the horse's ankles, on the mammoths and on the khajiit's arms or armour (whichever it was). I don't hate it, it just seems kinda weird. Overall though, the horse looks 100 times better than Oblivion's; they didn't even have hair, they just looked like plastic. So it seems the horses are improving if you ask me (admittedly the step up from Morrowind's to Oblivion's horses was more marked :P )

Also, these screenshots give us our first good look at female armour, two varieties from the looks of it, and they both look awesome :D I especially like the woman in front of the big hall's armour, with the high collar. just thought I'd share that XD

On another note, a lot of people are concerned, it seems, that greaves have been removed from the game, and merged with cuirasses. There was an 8-page thread about this on the OF last night (which I can dig up a link for if anyone really cares to read it :lmao: ). This is based mainly on what the new videos show of the inventory screen: Todd (or whoever was playing the game for that demo) had "elven armor" and "iron armor" in his inventory. The 3d view of the "elven armor" only showed a cuirass, but the robes also only showed the top half. There was no evidence of any greaves in the inventory (that we saw) yet the character is clearly wearing some. Hardly concrete evidence, but cause for concern for some, it seems.

Also, these screenshots give us our first good look at female armour, two varieties from the looks of it, and they both look awesome :D I especially like the woman in front of the big hall's armour, with the high collar. just thought I'd share that XD

That. Armor that makes sense. Armor that protects and looks good. I'm really happy for that. This has been one of the things I've always liked in Bethesda's games; all women look normal, not only in their shape but also in their clothes and armor.

/end rant

Also, the trailer we got so far is all in-game, unlike Oblivion's, and the camera is very smooth. Could that be a hint to some video editing tools included in the engine? A part of me hopes so and another part says it's just wishful thinking.

That. Armor that makes sense. Armor that protects and looks good. I'm really happy for that. This has been one of the things I've always liked in Bethesda's games; all women look normal, not only in their shape but also in their clothes and armor.

/end rant

Hear, hear! Golden bikinis aren't armour XD (yes, WoW, we're looking at you >.>)

Mounted combat would be great. Two things that put me off horses in OB was that A. They drew every predator for miles around...and B. I had to dismount to defend us and during that process usually lost the horse since the attack went on while I was being transported from mounted to standing(usually facing the wrong way)...That said I really liked cruising my unicorn in full arch mages robes just to bad I couldn`t be casting fire and ice while doing it. :P