DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Irthania - Forgotten Islands

Momo77

Introduction:

Today I want to present you my project I started in november 2009. I am from Germany so please excuse me for possible grammar or spelling mistakes. I give my best to prevent them.

HeaderSmallEnglish.gif

Far away from Tamriel there is a new island group - Irthania. It consists of three islands: Sheran, Lorania and Asyndonesh.

All differ in a variety of aspects: vegetation, population, climate, architecture, culture and others. I will release Irthania in three acts.

Each island will be an act and also have its own main quest. First Sheran, than Lorania and finally Asyndonesh.

At the moment we work on Sheran. The work on the other islands is paused.

Backgrounds of the islands

Sheran

Sheran is the island of the dark elves. It consists mainly of desert landscapes and small mountains. In the east is a small river called Tyrh. There are also some oases.Thermonth is the capital of this island.

Lorania

Lorania is the island of the high elves. Dark forests, stunning mountains, golden beaches, winding roads and steep mountain passes determine this island. The capital is Javall.

Asyndonesh

Asyndonesh is the island of the wood elves. In the north are some swampy and gloomy forests. Jungle-like and exotic woods are in the south. Midst of these forests is also the settlement Finareth.

Features

• three unique islands, including towns, villages, ruins, dungeons...
  • three large main quests
  • many interesting side quests
  • over 400 new NPC's
  • extensive lore
  • a lot of new factions
  • over 700 self-created models
  • new loadingscreens, books and More

Team

Momo

TheI3ennyTr0n

Schamane313

rocki

Story of Sheran

The guilds of Sheran are in the cold war. The reason was the destruction of an important caravan of the Merchant's Guild. The followers of this faction think that the Archaeology Guild would be responsible for this. An impartial earl asked you for help before the situation escalates. So you travel to Sheran to find out the real reasons for the cold war. In your investigation you come across evidence of a third previously unknown group and your adventure begins...

Status of Sheran

• exterior ~ 95%
  • interiors ~ 20%
  • main quest ~ 15%
  • side quests ~ 10%
  • models ~ 800 created, more planned
  • loadingscreens ~ 70%
  • esm-/esp-size: about 8.2 MB
  • total size unpacked: about 1300 MB

Screenshots Sheran

th_ThermonthMarkt01.jpg th_ThermonthGasse06.jpg th_ThermonthGasse04.jpg th_ThermonthMarkt02.jpg

th_Farah06.jpg th_Farah04.jpg th_Sahjera02.jpg th_Farah01.jpg

th_ShandisHafen01.jpg th_ShandisBanditenlager02.jpg th_ShandisInterior04.jpg th_ShandisInterior01.jpg

th_Strand.jpg th_Archologenlager01.jpg th_Nomadenlager.jpg th_OaseRocki.jpg

th_Spinne01.jpg th_NexusEnrath.jpg th_KatakombenCraal.jpg th_IhmaFarhimRagasha01.jpg

th_Snap_20110207_16h08m24s_001.jpg th_Schwert02.jpg th_Armor02.jpg th_Armor01.jpg

Screenshots Lorania

th_screenshot05t.jpg th_screenshot14sz.jpg th_screenshot13pf.jpg th_screenshot22en.jpg

th_screenshot15kz.jpg th_screenshot02m.jpg th_screenshot12c.jpg th_screenshot10v.jpg

More images, screenshots & wallpapers

Sheran

Lorania

Language and Translation

All the quests, conversations, signs and so on we create in German. After releasing this modification, it will be translated into English. There have been first requests for a translation already.

I'm open to any questions, criticism, suggestions and commendations.

Best regards,

Momo and the Irthania-Team

• Upvote 1

A formidable project, indeed :clap:

Let me offer my services to edit your English translations. I am not able to translate (aus Deutsch,) but I have some experience editing modder's English translations—both dialog and text.

For text this is usually into Standard English (American) and for dialog Common Idiomatic English (American.) In general this involves primarily syntax but could include particular word choice and phrasing. Close collaboration is often necessary to preserve original intent.

If this mod is to be voice, I would like to be considered for narration or characterizations.My Archive Page

BTW If the description above is any indication your translation is excellent. I would only be nit-picking to offer minor suggestions.

Good Luck :wave:

Edited by Edouard
  • Upvote 1

@Edouard: I would like to accept your offer. Thanks a lot. But first I have to finish the main quest. Then I will write you a personal message to deny, okay?. ;)

Certainly.

Barring unforeseen circumstances I will be happy to do it. there was an old country singer, (back when singers of country music were really country and so was the music) Tennessee Ernie Ford, who used to say, "If'n the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise..."

I'll be ready when you are.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening,

In last time I did not have so much time for working on this project. However I want to give a little statement. I worked a little bit on the main quest, on a small dungeon, I created a lot of new models and I designed a fishermen village:

th_ScreenShot2.jpg th_ScreenShot1.jpg th_ScreenShot0.jpg

(mountains are WIP)

Momo

• 2 months later...

Good day dear community,

Today, I regret to announce bad news. I'll stop working on Irthania after about two years. I do not have the motivation to finish the project with regard to the needed time. It would take several months and I must admit that I would still prefer modding for Skyrim.

I will not release a open beta of Sheran. I'm planning to create a similar project for Skyrim and want to integrate a variety of ideas in this project. Also I modeled more than 900 meshes for Irthania, which I will use for this project. The work was not entirely in vain. However Bennet will release Lorania as an indepentend Beta.

Also I would like to thank all former team members and the community for their support.

The thread can be closed.

I ask for your understanding,

Momo