DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim Collector's Edition

Johnn123

Once I find out the actual price that its being listed for in Canada (earlier Gamestop.ca did not have the game listed yet), I will let you know but I suspect that no matter what the value of the $ is, it will be $150ish simply because no one is willing to blow $200+ on a game. If I am going to blow that much $, I am buying a sword.

Since the post did not quote the Canadian Dollar and since NAFTA allows importation without duties I would expect that the current exchange rate I posted ($152.86 USD) would stand, It would be unlikely a retailer would sell for much more than you could buy it for online.

Well, $150 is the roughly the equivalent of €120. Instead of ordering it from a European retailer for €150, I'm going to order it from an American retailer. Will be the same thing, €30 cheaper.

That may be the best way to go, since there are no import duties on computer games or other software. However, many retailers don't ship overseas and Amazon says "select countries" without identifying them. Though I would suspect that the United Kingdom, as well as the EU, would be included.

Not that really think plunking down $150 for a chunk of plumbers plastic is worth it anyway. "High quality PVC" is the same crap we used to lay the new sprinklers in the lawn 3 years ago. If they really wanted to impress, it should have been a bronze. I'd have jumped all over that in a heartbeat.

Well, it would be tough to get even the cheap hollow, metal "bronzes" you see around today for under $200 in such a small production run. Real bronzes would probably cost 4 to 5 hundred and up.

I was just in EB today and its still not listed in Canada yet, but normally its a bit delayed on some things like that. As for the map, according to the guy at EB its still supposed to be the burlap map.

I'm heading into town tomorrow to my local EB to change my pre-order over. Hopefully its in the system.

I've pre-ordered on the assumption that the price comes down to a sane level, but if it doesn't, I'll cancel. I might've been more enthusiastic if the price was at US levels, but about £90 would still make it by far the most expensive CE I've ever bought and I really don't think the content in any way justifies that. But at £130 I just think Bethesda is trying to rip off its fans. A rather bad show altogether.

I'm very disappointed as I'd had quite high expectations for the CE since both Fallouts released via Bethesda were pretty good and the prices were fairly normal. The overall reaction to it hasn't exactly been positive so they might revise the CE before the release date, though I suspect that by now they've probably already been boxed up and are ready for shipping.

Bummer. :(

Edited by vometia

They'll have no incentive to drop the price if everyone keeps pre-ordering the package. They're bound to be getting reports from their online and offline retailers about pre-order numbers at this price.

People will probably buy regardless, especially if they restrict the numbers enough, but it could come at a cost of bad PR in the longer term which is harder to measure. I've read a few comments saying "they're the new EA" which may or may not be hyperbole (or even that meaningful) but it's part of the overall vibe that people aren't too impressed with the strategy of charging what they can get away with rather than a fair price.

I just switched my pre-order over today.

As far as I know the EB games (Canada) verison still has the art book

http://www.gamestop.ca/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-collectors-edition/311373

It likely just varries according to your location like usual.

Yeah, that's the collector's edition. That's what I ordered too. The other one is a special EB version - very different. Has a metal case, a journal and a few art cards.

They are certainly giving out lots of options....

The only thing that is really interresting to me is the art book, but I can easily do without that. So I'll just buy the common man's game when it comes out and invest the saved money into my new gaming rig! :thumbup:

As usual I have no self control at all and pre-ordered the CE at Gamemania. The dragon looked much better than I initially thought and I can't wait to see the artbook and DVD. :jellytime:

Yeah, that's the collector's edition. That's what I ordered too. The other one is a special EB version - very different. Has a metal case, a journal and a few art cards.

They are certainly giving out lots of options....

But only one has a cool dragon statue.... and we all know that dragons are made of bacon and therefore make everything better!

Seriously, as nice as the metal case looks, its not worth giving up a dragon for :D