DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Reclaiming Sancre Tor: Support

DarkRider

i didnt recieve a letter from bruin after being arrested,they told me to continue my investigation so i read the letter i found in kin'drava's,then went to bleakers and found the guy dead in the meeting place and took the katana,then it told me to go to stones throw,so i just went there and cant open the door

You'll have to go back then to after you've talked to Grandmaster Thierney in the Blades Court after your arrest. When you leave the council chamber you should receive a letter from Bruin and a quest update. Then follow through with Bleakers Way.

-->> SPOILER ALERT -->> (v1.0.3esp ) Followup on finding the lantern, following spirit, to get boat ride to city with second stone / cursed one(s). I have followed eastern coast of river/bay (starting from closed oblivion gate / Lewyn coast guard building) ... from Ley'wn down to to Topal bay coast Guard station. At night , and in day. Three times. No lantern, no ghost, no ship. I then toggle grass off, and then used night eye (ring). Still nada. Does Mystery of maseleum mess with this quest? Its getting tedious... running the coast over and over again with no quest advancement. Have searched the abandoned island, and the abandoned station numerous times. Some one please help a (seemingly) blind player .

You are very close.

Go to the Topal Bay Coast Guard station. On the first dock, look up at the lamp posts. There is a lamp there, activate it and turn around, you'll now see a free floating lamp. Follow it. It will lead you out to the island and stop at the dock there. Wait till midnight for the ghost ship to arrive.

You'll have to go back then to after you've talked to Grandmaster Thierney in the Blades Court after your arrest. When you leave the council chamber you should receive a letter from Bruin and a quest update. Then follow through with Bleakers Way.

i cant go back,ive saved too many times since then,ive gone back to the council building and walked in and out of there and talked to them all and nothing,ive checked all my letter that i have on me and none are from bruin,i recieved a quest log after talking to Thierney but it said that i should continue with my investigation or whatever,nothing about a letter or anything,i dont want to have to re install just to get past this,got to be another way?

i cant go back,ive saved too many times since then,ive gone back to the council building and walked in and out of there and talked to them all and nothing,ive checked all my letter that i have on me and none are from bruin,i recieved a quest log after talking to Thierney but it said that i should continue with my investigation or whatever,nothing about a letter or anything,i dont want to have to re install just to get past this,got to be another way?

Going back to Council now won't help, as the quest has already advanced from going to Bleakers Way without first getting "Letter" from Bruin, which script opens the door.

You could try console unlocking the door. (Open console, click on the door so the ID is listed at the top of your screen, type unlock)

(btw, saving over saves is a bad habit to get into. XD)

You are very close.

Go to the Topal Bay Coast Guard station. On the first dock, look up at the lamp posts. There is a lamp there, activate it and turn around, you'll now see a free floating lamp. Follow it. It will lead you out to the island and stop at the dock there. Wait till midnight for the ghost ship to arrive.

Thank you... hiding in plain sight...lol.... somehow, i thought the lamp was by the shore.....

i didnt recieve a letter from bruin after being arrested,they told me to continue my investigation ...

Just for information: I had this problem too. When I was dismissed from the investigation at the Blades Court I had no clue what to do next and walked around to ask people. There was a quest marker to bleachers way but no further information. No letter arrived. As it was late in the evening I decided not to play further at the moment.

Now I just loaded the save that I made after leaving the Court and within seconds after that the message with the letter came, that was missing when I first went through that part of the quest. Odd...

Btw.: Why are there always sounds of a thunderstorm in the Blades Court even when it is clear weather outside?

The letter is dependent on a trig zone right outside the court. If a player is too fast through there they can circumvent the trigger. In v 0.4 I have expanded the trigger to try and catch quick players. :read:

The domes were given exterior weather behavior because of their open domes, but Oblivion doesn't always do a good job of synching that unfortunately. :no:

Are you starting over? If you've already started the quest with v1.0.0 then it won't start again with v1.0.3 unless you did a clean save to force it to restart. v1.0.3 is just updates to fix some small bugs found so far.

The only conditions to start this mod is to be Champion of Cyrodiil and have picked up your Champion armor. Then leave the IC.

I had problems with v1.0.0 so I uninstalled and removed it from the Oblvion folder - That was Sunday. I'd played at least a few hours and made a number of saves before I reinstalled the mod (completely) using v1.0.3 (that was Wednesday) - I didn't just replace the .ESP.

I played an hour or so Wednesday, and two and a half hours Thursday with no letter showing up. Out of curiosity, Thursday night I went to Cloud Ruler Temple and Captain Steffan is there, but has no conversation and I still do not have the letter.

So now I'm not sure why this has occurred. I suppose I'll try deleting the mod and reinstalling again - perhaps delete any saved games from v1.0.0 and see what happens.

I had problems with v1.0.0 so I uninstalled and removed it from the Oblvion folder - That was Sunday. I'd played at least a few hours and made a number of saves before I reinstalled the mod (completely) using v1.0.3 (that was Wednesday) - I didn't just replace the .ESP.

I played an hour or so Wednesday, and two and a half hours Thursday with no letter showing up. Out of curiosity, Thursday night I went to Cloud Ruler Temple and Captain Steffan is there, but has no conversation and I still do not have the letter.

So now I'm not sure why this has occurred. I suppose I'll try deleting the mod and reinstalling again - perhaps delete any saved games from v1.0.0 and see what happens.

Have you tried walking around the Blades Court building to see if you can trigger that letter? DR says in an earlier post that he is expanding the area to try to help with that issue.

Thanks Ysne. I think he means the initial letter to cloud ruler. Pounder, make sure you have v1.0.3 installed, you need to collect the Imperial Dragon armor. At that point you need to leave interiors, leave cities, head out to the exterior world until the messenger arrives. If he hasn't come in about 3-4 minutes go into a city wait a minute, then leave again and wander for 3 minutes. It should show up. Nothing happens at Cloud Ruler until that letter arrives :ok:

help plz with ice wind stone quest:

--> SPOILER ALERT --> In ice wind quest. Just searched room with two frozen people UNDER ice in floor. Portcullis (gate) requires 'silver' key. Cannot find key. Cannot melt ice to get to frozen guys, one of which has a key next to his hand (maybe silver key?). Message upon entering this room with frozen guys says "... hear passage opening in previous chamber" OK, I go back and search the maze of tunnels, AND the entry room. When I approach entry door, get message "... don't leave yet, or the doc will be killed." (I don't leave.) Doc is in a jail cell in the maze tunnels area. I have searched every inch of the tunnels, BORING. It the new passage a scripted event based on a trigger zone? Do I have to have my avatar go super slow through all those tunnels to 'trip' the script to open the passage? BORING. Any help please... I have been through those tunnels like 10 times now - and checked each of the places that looked like dead ends, etc. -> any help plz finding the newly opened passage in the tunnels/maze? <-- Thanks all.

edit: thank you insanity for showing me how to do spoiler tags.

Edited by Elanaahova
Added spoiler tags

help plz with ice wind stone quest:

--> SPOILER ALERT --> In ice wind quest. Just searched room with two frozen people UNDER ice in floor. Portcullis (gate) requires 'silver' key. Cannot find key. Cannot melt ice to get to frozen guys, one of which has a key next to his hand (maybe silver key?). Message upon entering this room with frozen guys says "... hear passage opening in previous chamber" OK, I go back and search the maze of tunnels, AND the entry room. When I approach entry door, get message "... don't leave yet, or the doc will be killed." (I don't leave.) Doc is in a jail cell in the maze tunnels area. I have searched every inch of the tunnels, BORING. It the new passage a scripted event based on a trigger zone? Do I have to have my avatar go super slow through all those tunnels to 'trip' the script to open the passage? BORING. Any help please... I have been through those tunnels like 10 times now - and checked each of the places that looked like dead ends, etc. -> any help plz finding the newly opened passage in the tunnels/maze? <-- Thanks all.

edit: thank you insanity for showing me how to do spoiler tags.

After you approach the room with the stone lock, you get a message about something opening in the previous area. You need to go back and find the area that opened up, the silver key is back there in the newly opened area.

After you approach the room with the stone lock, you get a message about something opening in the previous area. You need to go back and find the area that opened up, the silver key is back there in the newly opened area.

yes, yes, yes. Thank you. Please read ALL of my post. You have been most gracious to reply, but you have not added anything that wasn't already [my/the] post to which you were replying. Prior to posting this request for help I did this : I went back to the tunnels, maze, and the entry room, and looked, looked, run, run, etc. etc. and not found a 'new' opening / door /passage. I have been down those passages, some 9 or 10 times. However, thank you very much for trying. I do appreciate any attempt at helping.

yes, yes, yes. Thank you. Please read ALL of my post. You have been most gracious to reply, but you have not added anything that wasn't already [my/the] post to which you were replying. Prior to posting this request for help I did this : I went back to the tunnels, maze, and the entry room, and looked, looked, run, run, etc. etc. and not found a 'new' opening / door /passage. I have been down those passages, some 9 or 10 times. However, thank you very much for trying. I do appreciate any attempt at helping.

Walk toward the other door in the third area, the one that requires the stone key. At some point you trigger a message about an area opening back in the first area. It is not in the entry area. I ended up comparing the local map alot, but a new area opens up and you will find both the silver key and another one of those special crystals.

It is possible that some kind of new bug has crept in. Do you have a save available from before you leave the entry area?

This is probably not going to help very much but when I went through the tunnels at every turn or junction I opened the local map. This was I was able to track exactly where I was and where I had been. Just looking at your map occasionaly doesn't help because it shows a larger area than where you are. So the tunnels next to you might not even been traveled down but it shows up as if it had on your map.

The professor is located in the lower right hand side of the map where there is a white sheet square. The key if I remember right is pretty much in the center on a dead end passage with a bear statue. (not positive on that)

The crumbled portion of the first cave section marked in this screen is the silver key location. It opens when you receive the message in the second section about a passage opening. No additional events need be triggered. The complex is vast but that's the challenge, perseverance wins out. :simba:

Don't click the image if you want to figure it out yourself ;)

post-3-0-93108600-1319836975_thumb.jpg

Didn't see either of these posted, but I could have missed them:

1. In Shadows Rest Cavern (Earth Warrior quest), there is a floating chest to the right of the trapdoor leading into the lower area.

2. Dialogue subtitle issue: When speaking to Grandmaster Nobuo on the topic Akavirians, he said

"Many Akavirians are skilled artisans we have many fine craftsman who carry the traditions of our Akaviri ancestors in steel and silver."

There should be a period between the "s" in "artisans" and the "w" (which should also be capitalized) in "we". Sorry, Grammar Nazi coming out again. :lol:

The crumbled portion of the first cave section marked in this screen is the silver key location. It opens when you receive the message in the second section about a passage opening. No additional events need be triggered. The complex is vast but that's the challenge, perseverance wins out. :simba:

Don't click the image if you want to figure it out yourself ;)

thank you. The spot you outlined is one of three , what i call nexuses, on this map, because so many tunnels seem to overlap there. Thank you,. I will keep looking. I am just happy to know its not a scripted event that i might not be triggering because I am running. Thanks again. I'll map the old fashioned way - pencil and paper, and find it. Thanks so much! Feel like I can make progress now!

An extra note, once you have the Dragon Armor it easiest to go do something else like find one of RST's non linear sidequests. Gives you something to do while you wait. Grimm's Hollow is just south of the Drunken Dragon inn, good one to start on :good:

I uninstalled v1.0.3 completely, including all files from the Oblivion directory, deleted any saved games that had been made with v1.0.0 and/or v1.0.3 loaded. Made a new save and then reinstalled v1.0.3 completely. Played 3-4 minutes and got the Blades letter.

Thanx for the responses!

im at the isle of half light,just found the guy,though when i speak to him his dialogue dosent come up and says i have no greeting,then i reloaded the game and i got the info out of him but the times that the dialogue stays on screen are really fast and now i have no idea what im doing,help??