DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Please Finish The Walkthru

GamerRick

RC 1.03 plays like it should still be in BETA. Or, I could say that after 1 year of BETA I am amazed how buggy, rough edged, and frustrating this mod can be.

If you finish the walkthru, it will greatly help me/us get past the frustrating parts and know what we are supposed to do, which will enable us to identify and report bugs.

Example:

I am on "Another Dimension". It took me forever to find the entrance to the Citadel sewers (I used TCL to fly around and search for it). There are many situations where I feel like I am searching for a needle in a haystack. Adding quest markers is easy to do, no?

I go into the prison area and find that the two keys I need are in locked cells that need one of those keys. Console to the rescue to unlock the doors. The jailor was sitting on a stool in the rear of the cell. Was he supposed to give me his key? Without a walkthru, I don't know what is supposed to happen. So, I use the console to unlock the cell, kill him, and take the key.

I am also wondering when I will get my inventory back, Seems to me, I should have gotten it after Basic Training.

Overall, this mod is really well done, but there are many situations where I feel tempted to deactivate and reload an old save.

Thanks.

We had a wiki that was in-dev for two years and nearly finished when it was deleted by our host a week before release so, we're doing the best we can to finish the current walkthrough from scratch. But between bug reports, fixes, the Halloween Challenge here, and RL responsibilities, my few helpers and I can only do so much so fast, sorry. No wiki machine here XD

Every mod releases with bugs, one the size of this one would be no exception. We tested it until my testers had flushed all they could, but there's no way to anticipate how a mod will interact with varying load orders. I'm certain you're not playing this with a vanilla install. To say it's so rough it shouldn't be considered release quality is kind of unfair actually. :ouch:

I am on "Another Dimension". It took me forever to find the entrance to the Citadel sewers (I used TCL to fly around and search for it). There are many situations where I feel like I am searching for a needle in a haystack. Adding quest markers is easy to do, no?

It's pretty much a straight shot. Draevyn leaves you at the entrance to the shadowlands, only one way to go to reach the ruined gates. You can see the citadel on the other side of the locked gate so it's clear you have to go through the open gate and just walk around; a marker would only show you the citadel you can already see here so what's the point? If you stay to the shoreline of that first pool on the left and just follow it around, it allows you to bypass the whole swamp and all the harder enemies. The idea is for players to think strategically, "How do I get around this locked gate?"

I go into the prison area and find that the two keys I need are in locked cells that need one of those keys. Console to the rescue to unlock the doors. The jailor was sitting on a stool in the rear of the cell. Was he supposed to give me his key? Without a walkthru, I don't know what is supposed to happen. So, I use the console to unlock the cell, kill him, and take the key.

Again, this is a puzzle it requires some thinking and careful examining of the scene. One of the cells has a lock you can pick open. Once inside you'll find a former guest tunneled into the neighboring cell with the key locked door. The key is on the table, use it to open that cell and the cell of the mad jailor. Pick his pocket for his key and off you go. By the way, killing this tortured soul is a big negative for your moral code level.

I am also wondering when I will get my inventory back, Seems to me, I should have gotten it after Basic Training.

You won't get it back as long as you are in the low ranks of the Order, at those ranks, everything you own belongs to the Order. Once you attain Blademaster, it's all returned.

We had a wiki that was in-dev for two years and nearly finished when it was deleted by our host a week before release so, we're doing the best we can to finish the current walkthrough from scratch. But between bug reports, fixes, the Halloween Challenge here, and RL responsibilities, my few helpers and I can only do so much so fast, sorry. No wiki machine here XD

Every mod releases with bugs, one the size of this one would be no exception. We tested it until my testers had flushed all they could, but there's no way to anticipate how a mod will interact with varying load orders. I'm certain you're not playing this with a vanilla install. To say it's so rough it shouldn't be considered release quality is kind of unfair actually. :ouch:

It's pretty much a straight shot. Draevyn leaves you at the entrance to the shadowlands, only one way to go to reach the ruined gates. You can see the citadel on the other side of the locked gate so it's clear you have to go through the open gate and just walk around; a marker would only show you the citadel you can already see here so what's the point? If you stay to the shoreline of that first pool on the left and just follow it around, it allows you to bypass the whole swamp and all the harder enemies. The idea is for players to think strategically, "How do I get around this locked gate?"

Again, this is a puzzle it requires some thinking and careful examining of the scene. One of the cells has a lock you can pick open. Once inside you'll find a former guest tunneled into the neighboring cell with the key locked door. The key is on the table, use it to open that cell and the cell of the mad jailor. Pick his pocket for his key and off you go. By the way, killing this tortured soul is a big negative for your moral code level.

You won't get it back as long as you are in the low ranks of the Order, at those ranks, everything you own belongs to the Order. Once you attain Blademaster, it's all returned.

why would killing the 'tortured soul be a bad thing? I did it to release him from his torment. And that is morally bad? My avatar took a morality hit because of that? What rewards did I lose by doing that?

You don't lose anything. But the reward at the end is slightly different depending on whether you exceed a certain level of evilness. I did kill that jailor by the way and I still got the reward for being on the lighter side of the coin. I'm sure that decision is not the only one that affects morality level.

why would killing the 'tortured soul be a bad thing? I did it to release him from his torment. And that is morally bad? My avatar took a morality hit because of that? What rewards did I lose by doing that?

In breaking the curse over that world, he could have been returned and restored to his people, the only survivor of the war parties trying to reclaim the citadel. The Sacred Fire, once purified, would have healed him body and mind, as it's an integral part of their world. You took his life needlessly where simply picking his pocket would have given him that chance to be saved. But, as Ysne said, this is only one event among many that moves your moral code level up or down. You don't "miss" anything, it may just impact what reward you get at the end, it may not. :)

In breaking the curse over that world, he could have been returned and restored to his people, the only survivor of the war parties trying to reclaim the citadel. The Sacred Fire, once purified, would have healed him body and mind, as it's an integral part of their world. You took his life needlessly where simply picking his pocket would have given him that chance to be saved. But, as Ysne said, this is only one event among many that moves your moral code level up or down. You don't "miss" anything, it may just impact what reward you get at the end, it may not. :)

Next time, I'll just pick that jailor's pocket. Now I feel really guilty. :evil:

Heh. I was a bit unsure what to do there myself when that guy wouldn't talk to me. I thought about killing him, but being the Divine Crusader, murder would have been a stain. Stealing from him wasn't as big of a stain. All in all though, no need to have consoled through any of that.

The only part I got mad at was much later in the castle where the room with the moving pillar puzzle was. I've NEVER been good at those and floundered for 45 minutes before giving up and using tcl to bypass it.