DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Solved][SKY] Converting static object into grabbable inventory item

bleakraven

Hey all!

I need to convert a static model, ShipWoodbeam01, into a grabbable/droppable inventory object. What I mean is that I want the player to walk up to the item and be able to press E to pick it up and then it shows up with the same model inside the player's inventory. The player can drop it and it should fall on the ground like other objects (don't really care how accurate the physics are, just that it falls :P ).

How can I do this? Do I need any external programs?

A step-by-step guide would be very helpful so I can do this by myself and not bother you guys :P

Cheers!

Edit: Changed title to solved so other people know there's a solution within :)

Edited by bleakraven

Hello bleakraven;

That's easy to accomodate using Nifskope to change a static item into a clutter item. Open the nif file in Nifskope and change the following collision properties;

Expand the bhkCollisionObject branch, highlight the bhkRigidBody line.

In the Block Details change the following values.

Layer - from OL_Static to OL_Clutter
Layer Copy - from OL_Static to OL_Clutter
Motion System - from MO_SYS_BOX_STABILIZED to MO_SYS_SPERE_INERTIA
Solver Deactivation - from SOLVER_DEACTIVATION_OFF to SOLVER_DEACTIVATION_LOW
Quality Type - from MO_QUAL_INVALID to MO_QUAL_MOVING

Save with a new file name (otherwise you'll change EVERY instance of that mesh in game) and create as a new Misc Item in the CK.

Good luck. :)

• Upvote 1

To make it work like real clutter that does not float you have to make some more changes in Nifskope. I suggest to open the Nif of the wagonwheel (Clutter\Common\WagonWheel01.nif) as a template, like shown in the picture below.

Open your Woodbeam.nif and change the mass from 0 to a realistic value, just copy that of the WagonWheel = 100.

Then expand the block "Inertia" and copy the values of m11, m22 and m33 to the according lines of you woodbeam nif.

In this picture I used the common crate to make it a clutter object some time ago.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/acog8cOaiYBqWplDNN8BLtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

• Upvote 1

That was very helpful! Thank you very much :)

While I'm here: Is there a way to make multiple objects be picked up as one? What I mean is... if I have my log and there are 2 more variants of it, I don't want there to be 3 different logs on the player's inventory.. Can I make it so that if I pick up log2 or log3, that it appears as log1 in the inventory? Without scripting would be nice, otherwise I need to learn how to attach the script/activator to all instances of the logs in my cells...

• 1 month later...