DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Ultimate Gemstone Collection

silver_fox_rival

wait so there is just gonna be a store with all the gems in it? that seems kinda lame (no offense xP)u (or ur friend) should make quests for some gem collector, who wants you to get rare stones out of dungeons  :blush:

Here is the original topic over on GHF that gives more light to this mod:

New gems/gems pack previously unreleased to the public

If you can manage to sort through all of the posts. aa_biggrin.gif

Aren't the textures just monotone colors? I mean, the reflection and normal map should take care of most of the detail. I'm not texture artist though, so I could be wrong.

No. You could make textures out of blocks of monotone colour but it would look pretty umm monotone. :blush: If you've unpacked the BSAs pop open your textures folder and have a look at some of Beth's textures (or those from mods for that matter). Probably the quickest way to get a feel for what you do with the difuse and the normal textures.

WT

I forgot  that Morrowind doesn't have normal maps and Niftexture doesn't have any of the material options that Nifskope does. So the texture itself would have to be a lot more detailed.

But for Oblivion, gems seem like they would just need to be a transparent block of one color (filter-alpha) and then make sure they have a shiny normal map and adjust the material properties in NifSkope appropriately. I'll look at some gem textures and see what I see.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks here is my gems in near final producion:

th_The4GEMS.png

Bi-Color Sapphire, Dark Blue Beryl, Red Beryl, Teal Topaz

Silversdiamond.png

Diamond

These were taken directly from the CS. My good and best friend Dragon_Lance over at GHF did the reflection mapping on all of them plus a few extra tweaks that made these gems stand out. Let's hear it for Dragon_Lance and his wonderful reflection mapping! :bagged:

To tell you the truth I've been modeling for 2 years now, and my first 3D program was MilkShape. When I looked at Blender for the first time I was like "Aaaahhhh! WTH have I just stumbled upon! So many buttons!" It was funny but when I started finding tutorials for it, things began to make more since to me. aa_biggrin.gif And I'm Getting better Just take a look at this wonderful object I made in Blender also:

Obelisk2.jpg

Egyptian Obelisk

This was pretty simple to do also but the all of the UV Mapping was the most difficult part of the whole thing. aa_biggrin.gif

Here is another model I made in Blender:

Screenshot2.jpg

Egyptian Pyramid with stairs

• 2 weeks later...

I envy you.

Oh how I envy you.

One day I will be able to model and texture... in about 6 years! >.>

I'll be getting this for morrowind (and oblivion should you release it for that too).

The Zelda one could do with a little tweaking I think. It looks too... un-natural.

Maybe if the triforce was inside it and dimmer, like a fly stuck in a piece of amber.