DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Abyss Demons

selene310187

abyssdemonnewheadersmal.png

The beta version is available for testing :)

http://tesalliance.o...dpost__p__44867

Have fun!

++++++++++++++

While making my Warglaives I saw a lot of pictures of the alluring demon Illidan (World of Warcraft/Warcraft 3). He inspired me to make a Illidan styled race which I call Abyss Demons. This was the most mesmerizing picture, the statue of Illidan on the BlizzCon:

th_WoW_BC_IllidanStatue_Small.jpg

Background story
(short version)

It all began with Itarkra Tarm, a dwemeric scientist and a mighty magician, who searched for the secret of eternal life. He was born in a Dwemer settlement near Red Mountain 50 years before the Siege of Red Mountain. When he fell out with his family and his scientist collegues, he immigrated to Cyrodiil. In the seclusion of the mountains of Cyrodiil at the border to Morrowind he built his hideaway which consisted of a laboratory and a living area. After the construction was finished, he used his magical power to weave one part of his hideaway with the structure of the Outer Realms. If required he could change this area into a plane of the Outer Realms completely which was maintained by the magic of Welkynd and Varla stones because it was an enormous energy sapping process. This special area was his experimental space being untouched by outside influences which could disturb his experiments. His staying in this plane prevented that he disappeared like the other Dwemer. He did know that Yagrum Bagarn didn't disappear as well but he avoided any contact with him.
The years had passed. Itarkra's research didn't make any progress. One experiment after another failed. His test subjects, mostly beggars, became rarer and rarer. He didn't even shy away from abusing his assistants for his experiments who were simple humans. All died like flies or - when they didn't die - became will-less zombies. One of his assistants couldn't stand by and watch any longer. He flew to Mournhold one night in order to report to Almalexia what Itarkra had done. He hoped that she granted him asylum.
Almalexia was very upset. In her eyes only gods should be immortal. She sent her Hands to stop Itarkra's efforts and to kill him. The flighty assistant beaconed the garrison to Itarkra's hideout in the mountains. Itarkra awaited them already. He had somehow found out what Almalexia had planned. Itarkra stood at the entrance to his laboratory with his head held high. But something had occured to him.

In the present. You receive an ominous letter. The letter writer asks you to come to the "Oak and Crosier" inn because she wants to discuss an important matter with you privately because she doesn't trust the courier. In the inn you meet an odd-looking figure sitting at the table smoking a pipe. A hood is hiding her face. She introduces herself as your sister Xantira and is acting on Itarkra's behalf who is according to Xantira your father. Curious to find out more you start your way to the sanctuary in the mountains accompanied by Xantira.

The long version of the story has 5 pages in Word. Maybe I split it into different parts and hide the parts as books at some Abyss Demon locations in game.

Screenshots

Click on one of the screenshots to open a gallery

abzCugup.jpg

adrHbH7L.jpg

abhMMaJO.jpg

abkioBTI.jpg

abqq7Kxc.jpg

EhUUX8y1.jpg 

What  is planned?
- the race wil be able to fly (done)
- a quest (almost done)
- a special Illidan-style gear (done; there's a Malfurion-style as well)
- a sanctuary for the Abyss Demons (done)

I create the quest according to a 28-page "screenplay" which is divided into 10 scenes.

Scene 1 (Xantira's message): done
Scene 2 (In the inn): done
Scene 3 (Arrival at the sanctuary): done
Scene 4: done
Scene 5: done
Scene 6: done
Scene 7, variant 1: done
Scene 7, variant 2: done
Scene 7, variant 3: done
Scene 8, variant 1: done
Scene 8, variant 2: done
Scene 9, variant 1: done
Scene 9, variant 2: done
Scene 10, variant 1 (final): done
Scene 10, variant 2 (final): done
Flashback #1: done
Flashback #2: done

Stop! There's more to come ;).

Two things tie in with the Abyss Demon main quest: one thing deals with the abandoned marketplace, the other is an easter egg (I won't reveal any details yet). But before I start to work on these additions, I will finalize the daily schedules of the 19 inhabitants of the Abyss Demon sanctuary. Edited by selene310187

To get rid of the hand problem there are standard clothing replacers for Robert Male:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20328

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21055

The next version of Ancient Elven Sorceress/Sorcerer will contain default body textures for the males so that you don't need to download clothing replacers.

without the hornes that is

What's wrong with horns? I used this picture of Illidan as reference

Thanks to all for you nice comments :)

To get rid of the hand problem there are standard clothing replacers for Robert Male:

http://tesnexus.com/...le.php?id=20328

http://tesnexus.com/...le.php?id=21055

The next version of Ancient Elven Sorceress/Sorcerer will contain default body textures for the males so that you don't need to download clothing replacers.

What's wrong with horns? I used this picture of Illidan as reference

Thanks to all for you nice comments aa_smile.gif

:) downloaded all your mods at least once but im not that into WoW and the race is nice but the horns arent my taste and probably i would retexture the green lines to red but well it looks nice still (the comment is kinda useless coz its personal preference) but nice texture and detail

I'm working on the wings now. Here's a brief glimpse:

th_AbyssDemonWingsWIP.jpg

These are the wings of Hentai's Dark Lilith outfit which I modified so that they flap while jumping. Later you are able to fly with the wings (like my Succubus mod). The texture is a placeholder. The final texture will look quite different.

@DaneZ: I want to create a lot of extras like Illidan's blindfold with glowing eyes or his pants. I never made clothing/armor from scratch before but there's always a first time. So I don't know when I will release the race. It's done when it's done wink.gif.

I'm working on the wings now. Here's a brief glimpse:

th_AbyssDemonWingsWIP.jpg

These are the wings of Hentai's Dark Lilith outfit which I modified so that they flap while jumping. Later you are able to fly with the wings (like my Succubus mod). The texture is a placeholder. The final texture will look quite different.

@DaneZ: I want to create a lot of extras like Illidan's blindfold with glowing eyes or his pants. I never made clothing/armor from scratch before but there's always a first time. So I don't know when I will release the race. It's done when it's done wink.gif.

I never said i wanted to say rush it just Release it when you think its done and about the Blindfold I LOVE THE IDEA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The playable alpha version is released! :)

AbyssDemonPromo1.jpg AbyssDemon3.jpg AbyssDemon4.jpg AbyssDemon5.jpg

Download it here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31549

What you need:

OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) -> if you want to fly,

Robert's Male Body V4 or V5,

Custom Race Fix or Unofficial Oblivion Patch

And how does flying work?:

Just use the following key commands:

start flying = ,

stop flying = .

forward = W

backward = S

left = A

right = D

flying faster = Page up

flying slower = Page down

At the moment the race is male only and has 1 hair and 1 eye option (more are coming in future versions).

I highly recommend a clothing and armor replacer for Robert's Male Body, so that the body texture will be displaced correctly:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20328

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21055

Installation:

Copy the AbyssDemon.esp, the AbyssDemon.bsa and the meshes folder to your Oblivion Data directory and activate the esp via Oblivion Launcher -> Data Files.

Known issues/bugs:

Sometimes you can get stuck on the ground. Press flight button (,) again in order to get free.

Strangely, I have black wings in the starting prison/dungeon when I have HDR or no screen effect activated; in other interiors and in the exteriors they look normal. I haven't this problem when Bloom is activated. It could be down to my video card (ATI) but I'm not sure.

It's possible that the wings got oddly deformed after reloading a savegame. If this happens, exit Oblivion and start it again.