DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tavern Tales: Come on in and have a drink! Part I

grond

~~The Tavern is Open~~

Let's have something, some ice cold lemonade? No, a cocktail, perhaps? Something bright and tangy? Something smooth, soothing, creamy? A heavy frothy stout, or a clean cold brew? A flagon of golden honey mead? A glass of fine wine - red or white or ZIN or port - whatever your thirst calls for, it's at the Tavern.

Lighten your load - help yourself to your favorite snack and beverage, grab one of the soft armchairs, put your feet up on the table ( no one minds ) and gaze into the bright bit of fire on the hearth before you. Talk. Don't talk. No one minds at all.

Grond has been waiting for the head to settle on his pint of stout. He takes a long deep drink. His feet are up, of course, and he eats a potato skin, its mingled sensations of grease and starch and mildly crackly cheese feeling like a gift from the gods. He drinks more stout.

Ah.

*Rider drinks the rest of grond's stout when he's not looking* Ah, a nice Irish Whiskey for me, barkeep! And a frosty pint for Angel, I'm sure he'll be in before long!

Quite a cozy tavern indeed. Nice start off, grond Mate...oh uh, look at that... your drink is empty :candle:

*Grond sees his empty glass next to the plate, also strangely empty.*

Ok, I guess I finished them both. It's the fire. Hypnotic. Howdy, Rider! Irish, you say? Irish it is!

*grond ducks behind the bar and brings back a water glass and a shotglass, each with three fingers of brown liquor, and two dark brown pints. He sets the tray on the table ( near Rider's feet ) , drops his shot into his stout and hands the other glass to Rider* Ice is your responsibility, bud. That's Tullamore Dew, please don't dilute it. I guess I'm drinking too fast - so if you don't want the other stout, I'll take it :candle: I'll get back up for Angel when he shows up.

*grond sits and takes a long drink of the whiskey/stout mix.*

Ah, again. They call it a car bomb. Way too angry a name for such a heavenly mixture. How's the Dew, Rider? Care for something to munch on?

'I will take some Root Beer.'' He calls out as he burst through the doors with a large mug.

He settles down in an armchair close to the fire and sighs contently.

'Life is good.' he says with a raise of his mug.

What a responsible lad! *reaches over the bar for a rootbeer from the icebox and hands it to Vereta* Drink hearty, Mate!

*sets down his empty glass* Ah, the Dew is sweet, grond Mate, good choice! Better switch to Guiness now or I might stay here all night with the whiskey! LOL Got any chips? :candle:

*snickers quietly to grond* Kids...

*grabs a bottle of Guiness, crosses closer to the fire, and cuffs Vereta on the shoulder before dropping into a chair* Alright lad, you don't care for the drink, you'll out live us then! Cheers, Mate!

*clinks bottles with Vereta and drinks in contentment* grond Mate, what's the wait on those chips?!

Me? Looking for a fight? You're the one scoffing and glaring, I came here looking for a drink! It's just a bit of fun, Mate, take it easy. Come on, your next drink's on me. :candle:

*eyes the empty bottom of his bottle* Annnnd...it looks like I need another myself! Still no bloody chips! Is that grond sleeping in the corner there?

I guess so... *pokes at grond* Oi, Is he snoring? *sighs* I'll get the chips then...Vereta, more ice for your soda while I'm back here Mate?

*moves behind the bar and finds things are in a state of disarray* need to get ourselves a proper barkeep...*slips on a puddle of water near the icebox*

*enters the Tavern, seats himself and tips his hat to the barkeep*

One glass of water, good sir.

room temperature.

*produces a bowl of chips from the depths of his trenchcoat, and embellishes in thier crispy goodness*

*the crunching sound deafens the envious room*

*enters the Tavern, seats himself and tips his hat to the barkeep*One glass of water, good sir.room temperature.*produces a bowl of chips from the depths of his trenchcoat, and embellishes in thier crispy goodness**the crunching sound deafens the envious room*

Points at FanMattai.

'YOU!! .....I'm jealous of you.' He says accusingly.

*notices fanmattai* Hey Mate! *pours out some water for the newcomer* Welcome to the tavern!*eyes the pocket chips warily* Those been in there long...?

Looks at Rider strangely because of his miraculous recovery. O_o

Goodnight!

*flops back into a chair in front of the fire with a bottle of Guiness* Looks like it's just you and me now, Grond Mate. *looks over and sees grond is still sleeping soundly, his stout is near empty, Vereta's money is sticking out of his pocket* Wonder what time it is in Sweden...Angel should be coming soon. I'll just sit here and wait for him a bit.

*takes a long swig and kicks his feet up on another chair to wait*

*gets up and pours a frosty pint for Angel, then heads back to his chair* Well, Mate, it's getting late here now... *sets frosty pint down on the table and settles into the comfy chair. He hears grond snoring in the corner* but I'll keep a frosty here for ya till you come.

*dozes off while waiting for Angel* :candle:

(( Awww, you watiting for me? I'm flattered :candle:))

*Silently steps in, takes a seat, before shouting out loudly* Where's MA Orange JUICE?!