DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion Ideas Thread

InsanitySorrow

Oblivion Mods/Apps Ideas Thread

Ever had a mod idea?, Ever had an Idea for an Application?, Ever wanted to openly discuss without cluttering the forums?

If so this is the thread for you :cookie:, This thread is the place to post your ideas whether they are Oblivion Mods or ideas for Applications that may help a modder or Oblivion player in some way. Everyone is welcome to post any idea they may have and openly discuss ideas here.

Note: The thread is still under forum Rules, so all Ideas must stick to the rules.

Mod Ideas:

None.

Application Ideas:

CS Launcher tool - A tool to help a user swap between CS Version 1.1 and CS version 1.2. - Zaldir

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CS Launcher:

The idea I have so far is an App that reads a folder stored with the App that has the two versions of the CS EXE files located in it. THe App would then swap between these EXE files depending on the version the user wanted.

Example - Say the user wanted version 1.1, well they select that option and the App gets to work swapping the EXE files. The user can then Launch the CS with the App at the click of a button and the version they chose will be launched.

The app will also keep track of the installed version.

I've yet to try Dialogue with the 'new' CS - mostly because of the complications of the broken Lip function, and the need for the old version. An app that can switch between 1.1 and 1.2 seems very promising, but I'm not sure what's possible. I'm stumped!

Anyone with experience want to add their thoughts?

I've yet to try Dialogue with the 'new' CS - mostly because of the complications of the broken Lip function, and the need for the old version. An app that can switch between 1.1 and 1.2 seems very promising, but I'm not sure what's possible. I'm stumped!

Anyone with experience want to add their thoughts?

I can easily write a quick App to swap files, thats not an issue. But we need more details from someone with more CS knowledge so this can be done right :cookie:

It actually is really simple to have both versions of the CS installed on one system. Just install the 1.1 version first, and then rename the exe file, and then install the 1.2 version. It will say that it is uninstalling the earlier version, but, as you have renamed the executable, it is still there, and works just fine. It is even possible to have both versions running at the same time.

I've had an idea I've been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I suppose here would be a great place to see if anyone wants it :P .

The_Laughing_Man came up with the idea and I'm gonna take it and run with it. I'm just coming up with the idea, but I was thinking how about a bunch of colored soul gems scattered all throughout Cyrodiil. Each one is named after a modder/character of someone and each has it's unique effect that can be infused onto armor or weapons like sigil stones.

Heres how it would go... One of you guys can PM me with a layout like below and I'll make a soul gem off of that character! Don't get mad if I can't make your effect though (i'm not jesus :))

Name can be either your username, real name, or character's name. Doesn't really matter. Color of soul gem, if someone already took the color I'll try to differ the color a little (ultra blue and sky blue instead of two blue gems). Inscription is a message box that you can have read out when you pick up the item. The effect will be what you wish it to be (I'll do scripted effects), but please, nothing too epic; we don't want this too be unbalancing either. Then finally the location at where you want your gem at. Think of a good hiding spot or a important place to your character. Just please not anywhere too obvious (IC Market District is NOT a good place to hide it :P)

Name:

Color of soul gem:

Want an Inscription?:

Inscription Detail:

Effect:

Make sure you PM it to me, don't want everyone to know your hiding spot ;).

Also, I'm thinking of keeping this as sort of an TES Alliance exclusive mod.

Oh and don't PM me yet, I'll make a WIP if anyone likes the idea :yes:

There already is Scanti's Remove old CS data file version check to make things easier regarding lip-syncing.

Does changing the version check not cause issues with the ESPs?, I wonder becuase stuff was added with CS 1.2 that was not present in 1.1. So saving any newer esp in an older CS may remove or alter the new data from 1.2.

Does changing the version check not cause issues with the ESPs?, I wonder becuase stuff was added with CS 1.2 that was not present in 1.1. So saving any newer esp in an older CS may remove or alter the new data from 1.2.

I really have no idea, I downloaded this ages ago and never got around using it. It sounded like the easiest way to avoid the lip sync bug from CS 1.2.

It's mostly meant to get rid of the version checker's message box while loading v1.2 plugins in CS 1.1 for lip syncing. Nothing more. No idea what would happen if the loaded plugin was saved. Personally, I would rather have 2 shortcuts pointing to the different versions of the CS than a tool that lets me choose - Way less effort required on my part :oblivion:

It's mostly meant to get rid of the version checker's message box while loading v1.2 plugins in CS 1.1 for lip syncing. Nothing more. No idea what would happen if the loaded plugin was saved. Personally, I would rather have 2 shortcuts pointing to the different versions of the CS than a tool that lets me choose - Way less effort required on my part :oblivion:

Well I know what it does, but I am unsure if it will cause any issues when the plugin is saved. So I won't be using that myself.

Some prefer to use multiple shortcuts, while others find the multi install annoying.

Well I know what it does, but I am unsure if it will cause any issues when the plugin is saved. So I won't be using that myself.

Some prefer to use multiple shortcuts, while others find the multi install annoying.

Do you have to actually save the mod after generating the .lip files? (and yes, I lost my clue this morning, and haven't seen it for a while....... I have my clue musk though, so, I might be able to lure it back.....)

Oho ... this one is. How do you plan to go about implementing it ?

I have a basic idea down at the moment and it will problably change a little as I progress, but here goes:

I will store all the NPC names in a txt file, most likely two sections, Firstname and Surname. This ways the names generated will actually sound like OB ones.

The App will read the text file into an array, I wwilill then randomly generate a number which will pull the corresponding data out of the array. This will be done twice so I get both parts of the name. This will then be displayed on the form.

See its rough :trophy:, but it will work

Actually I decided against reading text files, I want simple app that needs nothing from the user bar a button press, so it will not need anything else. All details are randomly picked from multiple arrays, still WIP and basic, but only took about 30mins including the UI.

RandomNPC.jpg

It randomly generates stats too? :D