DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oblivion Ideas Thread

InsanitySorrow

I have an idea for a mod but I dont know if its possible nor do I have any idea what is involved if it is. :)

When you mouse over a food item or ingredient etc,is it possible to display it`s alchemical effect underneath its name? Obviously the effects displayed would have to relate to your Alchemy level ie,novice - 1 effect,apprentice - 2 effects and so on ?

Having just started an new char that is using alchemy I would find this extremely useful.

:cry: Doesn't oblivion already do this?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m referring to when out in the wilds gathering etc,Oblivion just displays the name of the ingredient.

Oh I see, pluggy has functions for displaying text and images on the HUD and OBSE has functions to get all of the effects (I think) so I'm pretty sure it is possible. But I don't know how to use pluggy and I heard it is buggy and causes CTDs.

Actually pluggy is very stable and I have never had any CTDs or issues with it :)

Must be just me, because I can't even start the CS with it :cry:

You could always display a message too. It would be a little clunky compared to an image displayed with pluggy, but at least you get the info without having to pick it up and open the inventory...

I have a few ideas, not all of them realistic:

Info Remover

Removes the text that pops up whenever you hover the center of your screen over an item, door, NPC. Now maps become more useful, signs are a must, and real knowledge of items is required. You have to meet people in order to learn their names. - Designed to increase immersion.

Cast When Used Items

Just like in Morrowind

Children of the Sky

Using the voice as a weapon and tool for Nords only: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1045542&hl=

Hot-keyed and Cycle-able Poses

I always get a little frustrated with the menus for Pose mods. It takes a long to time to browse through them and decide upon one you want to use for a screenshot - a lot them don't have descriptive names - just numbers. It would be great if you could bind a certain pose to a hotkey and have instant access to it. Also, it would be great if there were some accompanying transition animations to maintain immersion (instead of just jumping to the pose). Also, you would be able to cycle through all available poses using a keypress. This mod would also include all known poses into a single ESP and single in game menu.

Automatic clothing fitter

Automatically fits any set of clothes to your body - just changes the items base mesh to your body mesh. Probably not possible.

No More Clipping!!

Makes it impossible for a solid object to go through another solid object. All contact with armor, weapons, and ground is "real" Definitely impossible.

Havoked Hair and Clothing (especially capes)

Hair, Clothing, Banners, etc realistically follow laws of gravity and force. Probably impossible.

FPS Oblivion

Combat is no longer arbitrarily determined by numbers associated with you and your opponent. Although your character still gains in strength and other attributes, your success within the game is determined by actual player skill, similar to a first person shooter - more like real life. It would be a well balanced marriage between the traditional RPG and a FPS.

Oblivion Online!

Speaks for itself. Share the Oblivion world with actual people and still use mods!

Also, I'd like to be able to download pre-made sets of mods, that already work well together - tailored for your system, and require minimal fussing.

• 3 weeks later...

I have another idea for a useful app:

Leveled Spell Cost Calculator or LSCC

Whenever you make a spell in the CS with "Auto-Calculate" selected, it displays only the base cost of the spell. What would be really useful is an app that would show that, but also show the magicka cost at higher levels. For instance, you create a spell (in the CS) that does Fire Damage 10 points for 10 seconds on target. You change the Skill level requirement to "Novice". It shows the base cost to cast it as 214. LSCC also shows what it would cost to cast this with a Destruction skill of 100. Now lets say you change the base cost to 100. LSCC recalculates the Master level cost of the spell. An app like this would be extremely useful to modders who add multiple spells to the game. Is something like this doable?

• 2 months later...

Had another idea for an app. An ESMifyer. Basically, you open ESMifyer, it shows a list of your plugins, you choose an .ESP and click Convert to .ESM and it does. I know there are programs out there that do this already, but they also do a lot of other things. This would only be for converting .ESPs to .ESMs. Doable?

That's been done Sooooo many times, there is even a standalone app on Nexus, search the utilities section for "ESM" and you'll find it.

Yeah, I've seen that one. No ReadMe, no DontReadMe, no user documentation at all. It uses a command line structure that requires manual entry of the file path. One wrong key press and :nuke: I was hoping to see one with a more user friendly interface. Oh well. :evil:

Yeah, I've seen that one. No ReadMe, no DontReadMe, no user documentation at all. It uses a command line structure that requires manual entry of the file path. One wrong key press and :) I was hoping to see one with a more user friendly interface. Oh well. XD

TESGecko has this, and plenty of documentation.

• 2 months later...

I had always wondered if there would be a way.. to train trainers for profit when you meet one that's at a lower level then yours. They make a boatload off of you if you use them.. so why can't you recoup some of that back :D

Warning visual ideas maybe highly disturbing. Reader discretion is advised.

I have an idea that came to me in a moment of lurid insanity and from exhaustion due to work. Having played VTM Bloodlines and played the game as a whole I've reminisced on things, and then saw something worthy. The ramp where the sigil stones are in Oblivion's towers are made out of flesh. Now here is the idea, the outside of the building would look normal (unless you like portraying something creepy and disturbing beyond the comprehension of all of tamriel's citizens.) The inside however will be the true horror.

Walls made of flesh and behind it would be the occasional face, demon claws/head pressing into the wall for the horrifying 3d pushing out of the wall effect. With the right ambient lighting and background music the scene would be terrifying. The archway and doorway framework will be made out of bone, with skin stretched over to act as the panels/wall works. In the flesh walls there will be veins so of course the pulsing look(probably by textures) will move throughout the walls. Chairs, lighting fixtures, furniture as a whole will be made of bone. With blood pools and fountains, the area would be perfect for demons, dremora, daedra(as a whole), necromancers, vampires(the most cruel and inhumane variety) and generally those whom are not mentally sound as a whole.

Now given that my model making skills are zero same with texture making... it's an idea and if I get good at doing both. I'll try working on it mostly it would be done for tes5, though tes4 is possible, it would be a resource devourer.

So yeah.. I am mentally disturbed especially if you can envision what I just described...

• 1 month later...

Warning visual ideas maybe highly disturbing. Reader discretion is advised.

SNIPED WAY TO LONG

So yeah.. I am mentally disturbed especially if you can envision what I just described...

Okay that means im mentally disturbed :) , but it would be a really nice Horror-Dungeon mabye even GTA3-ish mod, I need to think about that (XD that will leave me emotionally scarred)