DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

where your forum name came from

Nihternnes

... and decided against using a capital E just to be different.

It's not that different. :P

Actually my aversion to capitals in names originates with Unix, which can cause it to do strange things: especially usernames, which would tend to put terminals into a weird and very ugly uppercase-only mode if you used capitals during login...

CarahCadaver came from Red Maven. Now you're wondering what the relation is.

I can't remember why I started with Red Maven, because it's been so long since I've used that user name. I eventually changed it to Red Maiden. When I started getting into Tolkien lore I wanted my user name to sound elvish, and translated it to Caradhwen (Carad meaning red, and wen meaning lady or maiden. I added the "h" in there, because it looked neat). When I started playing Oblivion I always chose a female Breton, and wanted a more human name for her. I don't know why I always use my user name as my characters. Maybe its a connection thing.

Anyway, Caradhwen changed to Carah, and eventually I gave her a last name Cadaver. I hope it now seems clearer... heh.

Edited by CarahCadaver

My forum name is actually a nickname I ended up with while taking martial arts. I came up with my own method of moving while sparring. I kept my arms going through smooth, rolling motions that look a bit snakelike and were hard to follow, making it very hard to predict when and how I would strike. When I did strike at an opponent, I struck hard and fast. My Sensei said I "struck like a viper." After that, whenever we paired off for sparring matches, someone would always tell my opponent something like "Uh-oh, you got the viper" or "Beware the viper's bite". Eventually, they just started calling me "The Viper". I just put a small twyst on the spelling.

My unsername was created a long time ago when Rome: Total War first came out. Originally, it was just Varus, named after the Roman General of the same name. "Give me back my legions" anyone?

Anyway, at one point I tried to register for a forum (I think it was CivFanatics?) where "Varus" was already taken. So I had to tack some numbers on the end of it in order to use it. Monster's Inc. (the movie) was the most recent thing I had seen, or at least it was the most memorable at the time. I was trying to come up with a number that I would remember and [url=

is[/ur] the first thing that came to mind. So there ya go.

I'm named after a devastatingly inept Roman general and a hilarious scene from a Pixar movie. If you can find some meaning in there, let me know. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This name is only one I've begun to use recently, my main username for everything had always been strickeN.^ but when creating users it was always taken so I changed to Stormblessed which I got from a book called The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson but after a while that name also became unavailable. Then one day I tried to make a League of Legends account and the book I was reading at the time (A Sword From Red Ice by J.V.Jones) featured many different norse-like clans so I tried the name of the coolest seeming clan (Bludd) which was taken and then I tried my second favorite clan name which was Dhoone. And so far I have not been denied this name any where so I've been using it since.

Mine's for Jacura, which an old friend of mine used in one of his stories. I used it back when I visited BBSes, but I shortened it when I entered the Morrowind community because I like the sound of "Jac" better. That and I don't have people mistaking me for a female. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

My unsername was created a long time ago when Rome: Total War first came out. Originally, it was just Varus, named after the Roman General of the same name. "Give me back my legions" anyone?

I think it was Augustus Caesar who said that after the annihilation of Teutoburg Forest by the Germans 9AD.

My username Leonardo is actually a nickname from my youth and who said it the first time was my friends sister.

Aside from bacon being delicious and needing to flip it to cook it and whatnot... I'm a Freerunner (one of those guys with a death wish who runs around urban environments jumping from rooftop to rooftop and doing acrobatics now and again) and the nickname I got myself in my local parkour/freerunning community is Oinky because I have a fondness for wearing the color pink. So, Oinky --> Pig --> Bacon. Then I'm a freerunner, and freerunning is parkour with tricking added in, simply put. So Tricking --> Acrobatics --> Flips. BaconFlips.

On other forums years ago I used to go by the name Omega, but both on Nexus and here the name was taken, so I went with BaconFlips :D

• 3 weeks later...

Rather boringly, my first Oblivion character was called this. Now, all my nordic characters in Oblivion and Mount and Blade have this name, because coming up with new ones is too much like work.

Sigurd was a hero of Norse Mythology, and "Stormhand" references my preference for shock based magic, because lots of enemies are immune to fire or ice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My name was given to me by some close, personal friends who found my obsession with buying blythe dolls and other kinds of dolls and mix/matching their various parts and accessories, an obsession I even took as far as tattooing blythe dolls on my body.

But on a more intimate and personal level, I am kind of an amalgamation of sorts in regards to my heritage. Over the years as I grew up I learned more of who I am, who my parents really are and it fit in with my doll obsession so people took to calling me dollparts and I became rather attached to the name.

Lately I have been considering a name change though, in light of recent events in my life, my battle and victory over cancer and depression.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

There are some interesting names and stories behind them in this thread. :)

My name was one I chose for myself when I first jumped online in 1992 and have been using ever since. Although it has become more popular in the last 12 years or so and occasionally I find that it has already been taken. Then I usually just add an AU to the end since I'm from Australia.

My forum name is the name of an angel that I identified with at the time and so I took the name for my own. Seraphiel is an angel of love, light, and fire. He is one of the four judgement throne angels and is said to literally be a living flame, but one who radiates love instead of a burning heat.

I guess I can still identify with him so I continue to use the name. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Stubbkrossen

This nickname was not given, but earned when I was thirteen years of age. I was out skiing downhill or rather off-pist as I love.
This was a beautiful day, the sun was shining. Not too cold nor too warm outside, no wind and no clouds in the skies.

As I was sloping in this small birch forest on top of the mountain I enjoyed myself in the nights fallen snow, it was perfect; soft and every flake for itself.
Just a perfect day for off-pist. Suddenly I see a clearing heading towards the slopes and I went down through the trees.
As I was enjoying life as it was meant to be that day I thought to myself how wonderful this snow is, I wonder how it will feel laying down in it.
So in full speed I put myself down into the soft snow and embracing the soft frozen water... 'til I hit a tree stump... with my buttocks.

Ah, the pain. I flew about three meters from the spot I hit that stump. Doing some weird corkscrew through the snow. I layed there tossing and turning in pain.
No words or scream, just breathing in and exhaling slowly and deeply. I stand up after some time... Looking at what I hit. What I hit was a tree stump.
It was a stump before impact, now it was shattered all over the place. Old rotten stump went up to birch heaven.

I went down the slopes... agonizing as the pain was it took me nearly one hour to go down to the lifts. A tear fell for every turn I took, stopping and pausing
after every turn. When I got down I put away my equipment and couldn't ski, run or do anything that takes fast movement to do.
I limped around for a week, with the pain in my buttocks always remembering the awful beautiful day it was when I crushed a tree stump to smithereens with...

My buttocks.

Today my buttocks are fine and no serious injury was inflicted. But what a memory it is, and to explain my name in english since it has a swedish origin.

Stubbe = tree stump
krossen = Crusher

So I chose this unique name online, as the "Tree stump crusher"! hehehe.
  • Upvote 4