DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Mod Speculation thread.

WhoGuru

68 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do first?

• Play through the game vanilla first before adding mods.
    • Head straight for the mods like it's the night before Xmas and I've found Mom's stash.

So, Skyrim is announced, we have less...slightly less than a year to wait and all that time to putter and ponder what we will create once we have the game and it's CS in our hot little hands. :D

What will you make first? Share your ideas, thoughts, etc... Just a bit of brainstorming fun here.

:woohoo:

For me, I'm very excited that it seems they will be making a proper dragon and the setting of Skyrim and all those brilliant snowy mountains means I'll have to give some love to my favorite fantasy novels, the Dragonriders of Pern, and build Benden Weyr. Populate it with Dragons and their Riders. Oh it's going to be my happy little geek fest. :wicket: Somewhere up in the remote peaks of Skyrim.

How about you?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will play through once to get the basics, then look at porting my mods over, if necessary. For those that don't know: I've taken over development of Oblivion XP and Imperial Furniture (now called Imperial Furniture Renovated). It will be interesting to see how the levelling system works. If it's like Fallout 3, then Ob XP won't have a place, but I'm pretty sure a furniture mod will fit anywhere :woohoo:

I will play through once to get the basics, then look at porting my mods over, if necessary. For those that don't know: I've taken over development of Oblivion XP and Imperial Furniture (now called Imperial Furniture Renovated). It will be interesting to see how the levelling system works. If it's like Fallout 3, then Ob XP won't have a place, but I'm pretty sure a furniture mod will fit anywhere :D

Love the renovated furniture. :woohoo: Porting that is a must!

Well....I wont be doing alot until ive played through the game first....

Hopefully by then the tools will be in place, blender scripts and OBSE should have versions out and I can get started. This engine change will upset me a bit as we mighten be using nifs and kfs anymore.

If all goes well and the tools come out working....if they dont include centaurs in the game....but the do include horses....well ill be right back on making a new centaur mod.

I voted for vanilla, but I missed an option: Play vanilla, add mods as you advance/like

That would surely be the way I'd go, as for modding, never done anything real myself, have just made some private mods, my own house etc, I also had some fun with a worldspace and allot of tutorials, so there is allot of knowledge now, but all just basic. I am thinking of having a state of teh art computer when it hits, so maybe this time, I will be modding something for the public.

I can't wait, it will surely be a loooong year, and there will probably not go one single day without me thinking of the game, and what mods that may come for it, and the plot for the main quest. Christmas will be a success this year afterall, with this new announcement :woohoo:

Hmm, well I'll undoubtedly begin with house mods :) hard to know what else without playing the game though. There's a lot of talk abou porting Oblivion mods in this thread, but I read somewhere that Skyrim will use a whole new engine- will that mean that mods can't be ported? Also, I'm guessing that a new engine will mean a very new CS, I wonder how long it will take to get used to that.

but I read somewhere that Skyrim will use a whole new engine- will that mean that mods can't be ported?

That's what Beth has said yup :blush:, It depends on what formats the new engine supports ect. Most likely we'll be able to port models and textures once we know what format it supports.

I don't think plugins would be able to be ported though :)

not easy to say...will TES 5 take place in Skyrim only ?....which scale will beth use (has to be larger than Tes 4) ... will there be the same bad limitations for landscape editing...how many npc's will I be able to use without ending up watching a dia slide show ...and will they improve the horrible lod system.... :)

however..if only a few of my wishes come true I will start this time immediatey to create a complete landmass of tamriel...as Skyrim is small compared to Cyrodiil they will have to use a proper scale this time (hopefully).....in this case ...will we be able to use Tes4 content in any way ???

:blush:

Edited by onra

If Skyrim botches lore, a lore expansion/overhaul (adding things that are missing, removing things that don't belong, new dialog, etc.) will be priority #1.

I would be all for that, if Skyrim does botch lore, but here's hoping it won't!

EDIT: what would be really nice, IMHO, would be access to a warmer area, as it's likely that I and others will eventually get bored of the cold and snow :) Of course, not saying I'd do it, just throwin' it out there.

Edited by the-manta

Definitely going to play through once without mods, or at least substantially through.

I'm hoping the new engine means they'll spare me the hassle of having to open their cities up.

Depending on how much of Cyrodiil exists, if any, there's a good chance of seeing Feldscar make the crossing. :)

I'm hoping to increase my modding ability quite a bit between now and release. I had big plans for Oblivion, but never had the ability to implement them. But I won't really know until I get the feel for the world, story, and setting. Like DarkRider though, I'll probably start off will a cozy house with a small quest to go along with it. :)