DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Mod Speculation thread.

WhoGuru

68 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do first?

• Play through the game vanilla first before adding mods.
    • Head straight for the mods like it's the night before Xmas and I've found Mom's stash.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on three+ things I plan on delving into.

1. What ruins there are to play with- houses fanes what have you would be one.

2. dimensional home like memoria to see what I can do there.

3. Maybe if it needs it(and it might) try my hand at beautifying the landscape and feel more natural.

4. Cabin home.. in the mountains.

5. Something scripted

6. Worldspace, if the landscaping and such look good.. AND they have good enough shaders for sky effects Armantha will definitely be here, if I don't finish tes4 version.

7. If my scripting/programming skills are good enough I think skyrim version of oge or SGE for better effects.

Finally... play game and mod to my wicked little heart's content...

as for playing? I'm getting both ps3 and pc. Why? because I refuse REFUSE to be denied access to DLC and good content (so so so so so SO getting LE.. and go on rocking in the corner saying "my precious...")

Edited by Vouivre

Well going with the dragon theme, I`m figuring we`ll have some new(ish) textures and meshes to make with...Right off hand I`m thinking scale armors,dragon tooth weapons...and of course...the Dragon Bone Throne...claw jewelry,Oooh...a side questline involving the Helm of the Ancient Drake.I could go on but you get my drift...It`ll be a long time till we see just what Beth has as vanilla and just how the whole thing takes shape.I`m sooo going to need that secondary HDD in my laptop now. :sleeping:

Straight to the mods I say. (I'll most likely get it for both 360 and PC) So I have the vanilla only and the modded version.

I've (we all have) been use mods for 4+ years, and I think that it wouldn't "feel" right without some kind of mod loaded up.

I'm really interested in knowing if it will support multi-core processors and 4+gb of ram, and the stuff that TES:IV doesn't.

anyway, gotta clock in for work. See you guys/gals later.

I'll buy the game on 360 first then tank through it until I know it inside out

Then I'll get it on PC and start modding an epic and huge quest mod. Sounds farfetchd, I know, but I was almost there with The Northern Front, I just got into the Oblivion modding scene too late to make anything of recognition. The fact that it's set in Skyrim couldn't be any more perfect for me

Play it on 360 first, then decide if its something I want to install on the PC (presuming I can run it). In terms of mods, my earliest wishes will probably be: a house of my own making, and then a companion of some kind, preferably an animal companion. I find the series rather lonely- sometimes that's just what I want, mind you- and I find it nice to have a friend crawling through dungeons with me.

Beth might offer that. There were a couple of opportunities to have a companion for an extended stint in F3 - one of the few positives in that one :wicket: F3 was too dreary for my weary bones :woot:

Indeed, I actually really enjoy Fallout 3, and a good part of that enjoyment comes from having my foul-mouthed buddy Jericho by my side! His bitter mumbling, interrupted only by pauses to accommodate his chronic smoker's cough, just amuses me. Oh, and the smack talking to our enemies. Love it. :woohoo:

I wonder if they have considered adding some optional "recruits" in Skyrim? Competent and battle-ready companions- ie not Farwil Indarys or the Adoring Torch-Bearer. :wicket:

• 2 weeks later...

Play through it once for sure.

Then, fingers crossed for having the tools readily available, i will spent countless days practicing getting new stuff in game, and i will directly go for Beth big omissions to bring forth the greatest resources the modding world has ever seen.

But all that will only come to pass if i can acquire a new polygon generating machine, and those arent cheap.

Play it on 360 first, then decide if its something I want to install on the PC (presuming I can run it). In terms of mods, my earliest wishes will probably be: a house of my own making, and then a companion of some kind, preferably an animal companion. I find the series rather lonely- sometimes that's just what I want, mind you- and I find it nice to have a friend crawling through dungeons with me.

My sentiments exactly. Any game I get I always play through on 360 or ps3. Its way easier on my eyes that way. That and the fact that I have NOTHING else to distract me lol... then I will get for puter. A companion is a must for me so I think I would try that..

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be waiting for Oldskyrim in the first place. Unless I'm going to buy a console...

Aside of that: things making the game easier (like my Summon Merchant Spell mod) and removing the frustrating solutions (like this completely idiotic Repair system from new Fallouts), things related to Khajiits (my favourite race, with Argonians at the second place - I'm going to kill someone if they'll screw them up!)... and things fixing just anything that will result in my reaction "THEY DID IT WRONG". Or just anything that I really need in the game in order to have fun playing it.

Plus, I'm probably going to wait for Skyrim-related version of Enhanced Quest Roleplaying, since it's almost obvious to me that the game will be a hack'n'slash incorrectly placed in cRPG genre. And if not hack'n'slash, then action-RPG - with more "action" than "RP" - at best. It's too obvious with current Bethesda's crew.