DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim Collector's Edition

Johnn123

Well, we Americans are getting a pretty good deal. Europeans are paying $214.16, Brits are paying $213.03 and Aussies are paying $208.79 in equivalent US Dollars. If Canadians are paying the same price ($149.99) in their dollars it comes out to $152.86 USD.

So, all-in-all it's a bargain :jellytime:

Well, we Americans are getting a pretty good deal. Europeans are paying $214.16, Brits are paying $213.03 and Aussies are paying $208.79 in equivalent US Dollars. If Canadians are paying the same price ($149.99) in their dollars it comes out to $152.86 USD.

That may be what we pay simply because much more would make it really hard to sell but don't assume that we will pay the conversion at the current value of the Canadian $ compared to the USD. When our $ was worth something like $1.02 USD, we still paid more for the same stuff. Once I find out the actual price that its being listed for in Canada (earlier Gamestop.ca did not have the game listed yet), I will let you know but I suspect that no matter what the value of the $ is, it will be $150ish simply because no one is willing to blow $200+ on a game. If I am going to blow that much $, I am buying a sword.

So ya, I may pay the same as you as the base price but it has nothing to do with the currency value. Also note that in Ontario its not even the final amount, I will have to pay $149.99 + 13% HST (harmonized sales tax), cause we LOVE tax here, without it, we would have to spend our money on something and that would be so hard to decide on! lol

Other provinces have different tax levels so I cant say for them, the only constant is the GST (merged in Ontario with the PST to form the HST), which is.... about 5% now... I think.

Edited by Si-Shen

You're really paying for the resin statue. Those suckers aren't cheap. Ranging from 80-300 bucks at least you're basically buying the game and statue. And 5 years worth of memories, and probably twice that in modding potential.

Except that it's a plastic statue, not resin. PVC is the same plastic they use in the pipes in your house. If it was resin, I'd be on the order in split, but plastic - my cats will chew on it!

Well, since there are no truth in advertising laws regarding 'resin' it is difficult to make a judgement. generally speaking these types of collectibles are molded from thermosetting polymer resins (which become monomers upon completion of the thermal reaction.

In actuality these statues are 'resin'; PVC resin. Some collectibles made of resin are made with an epoxy. The problem is that epoxy itself is a rather non-specific term because there are literally thousands of formulations.

So basically what I am saying is that it is possible that among someone's collection of collectible statuary could be several examples of PVC resin without anyone being the wiser.

It is unfortunate that the most common identification of PVC is with plumbing materials. It doesn't mean that they melted down sewer pipe and made statues with it :lol:

hell to the no :blink:

The artbook might be interesting, but I'd look at it like once? >>

and that statue, I have no place to put a statue like that anywhere XD

Seeing as how it's going to be the same game no matter what the price, I'm going with the cheap version :lol:

Getting it. The art book, the statue. :wub: Worth it.

Well, $150 is the roughly the equivalent of €120. Instead of ordering it from a European retailer for €150, I'm going to order it from an American retailer. Will be the same thing, €30 cheaper. They really should make sure the currency conversions count. XD It doesn't make sense that it is 150 of each currency, when the two currencies value to each other differently. Hey, it has its advantages. XD Infact, everyone outside the US could order from a US retailer, would be cheaper. Yeah there will be the cost of transport, but even then, cheaper. :)

Edited by Mannimagnus

People keep saying it includes the map. The Bethblog post says NOTHING about the CE actually including the cloth map. Unless someone can link otherwise, the map you're getting is the standard issue paper map.

Not that really think plunking down $150 for a chunk of plumbers plastic is worth it anyway. "High quality PVC" is the same crap we used to lay the new sprinklers in the lawn 3 years ago. If they really wanted to impress, it should have been a bronze. I'd have jumped all over that in a heartbeat.

Pre ordering the game will get you the cloth map, the CE will not have the map. Just standard paper one... I gotta admit.. those cloth maps handle abuse far better than the paper ones... ironic I say this as I have a dragon warrior 2 map still.. looks like it's 500 years old, quarter of it missing(literally) but it's still physically there. Okay so I got stuff that's almost as old as I am. i'm not obcessed! >.>

Actually Gstaff made a comment on the Beth blog that is making us think it will include the "synthetic burlap" map, as he put it. If you look closely at the picture, you'll see that there are ripples along the edge, like you would see with fabric, which you wouldn't see with paper.

So I'll be preordering too once it's added to Canadian vendors.

Edited by AndalayBay