DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Elder Scrolls: Ignotus - Episode 1

TardisChan

Now that episode 3 is pretty much finished, I can now release the pilot. (Those of you who have seen a preview already - the pilot has been revamped!)

Starring myself, Aranas, Edouard and Martin M. We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

New episodes will be released the 1st of every month.

EDIT: Episode 2 is out! Enjoy!

Edited by TardisChan
  • Upvote 1

Very good! :clap: There were a couple of spots where the music drowned out the dialogue, but your work on simulating Patrick Stewart was great. I like your Nord! :trophy:

Thanks, Grond! Serendipity shown brightly in getting this wonderful group together.

The Emperor and Brother Martin are voiced by Martin M. I won't reveal his age but there is a bright future ahead for this lad.

The Nord (Dash, nee Sigrun Holfgar) as well as several bit parts thru the series is given life by Aranas. He is also the head writer who is responsible for building the story and putting some terrific words into our mouths.

But the most credit has to go to TardisChan (Agent Teechan) who is the producer-director. Not only did she put the group together and inspire the story and concept, she also shoulders all the work of editing and voicing Zelda.

I agree with you on the minor technical glitches, but we hope you will follow the series as we progress. All of the voice actors can be found here in the Voice Actor's project and have done work on other mods.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Edited by Edouard

Thank you everyone for your kind words - In a way, I'm trying to bring a new wave of new creative content to the ES community via machinima. I'd like to get more modders interested in creating machinima. Quest mods are almost like ready made machinima scenes - just add FRAPS. Well, maybe a little more complex then that. It would just have to be set up a different way since you are not releasing it for the playing public, but for visuals only.

There was a small machinima scene a few years back by using Oblivion (for example, kdmd, chuck norris, ect). My assumption is that most machinimators were not modders and were limited because they were only mod users and most likely did not understand the internals of the game. For instance, how do you get lip synced dialogue and, what the heck are idle animation conditions?! The dialogue system is complex and even I don't understand it 100%...at least not yet, anyway. I am not a scripter - I only got it in Ignotus because I accidentally found an easy workaround and other techniques by fooling with a list of OBSE and vanilla scripting functions on a wiki and trying them in console. (Dont worry, I make plenty of game saves before conducting console experiments. lol!)

Most depended on animation mods (ie: Actors in Charge, UMPA, ect) that were available at the time, but the process of creating a series was tedious. People would flip through menus of animation and pose mods, green screen action, swap between character saves, and constantly toggle menus off to remove the HUD, AND edit out the console in the video.

I'm sorta in the same category, but was lucky enough to start my series with mods like Wrye Morph, WHOOSH, and companion mods available, which made controlling, swapping and filming multiple characters a lot painless. Without these mods, there's no way I'd be able to do what I did for Ignotus.

However, right now I'm limited to what I can do until I learn how to create, texture and import my own models and animations and script my own events. Right now I'm teaching myself Blender, as well as getting voice stuff done (and teaching myself how to manage my time. lol)

If anyone wants to help out in later episodes, please, let me know. :)

Edited by TardisChan

Yeah, boy!!! Keep in mind that this is our Pilot episode. This is as bad as it's going to get. everything from here on out is all up hill. The voice quality will get better, the acting will get better, the writing, editing... everything will get better as we progress.

I like your Nord! :trophy:

Yeah, he is pretty awesome, isn't he? ^^

Edited by Aranas

However, right now I'm limited to what I can do until I learn how to create, texture and import my own models and animations and script my own events. Right now I'm teaching myself Blender, as well as getting voice stuff done (and teaching myself how to manage my time. lol)

What type of models/textures you wanting/needing? :cookie:

Ooo, well..

There are a few things I have in mind right now.

First of all I'm having a hard time finding realistic, lore friendly-ish armor with sleeves for Zelda that is visually appealing (show a tiny bit of cleavage...) but not slutty, for Exnem's body. I wanted to have her be able to pair it with a removable coat of some sort as they head to the Bruma area, but I figured the only way this would happen is for me to make it or ask another. :) I do have a few ideas for how it to look, and if you're interested in helping (or pointing me to a good tutorial or 10, lol) that would be great.

Another thing: I know that creating an NPC or a playable Dagon the way the model is in the game is not possible as there are no playable animations for it. BUT - Not too long ago, I saw someone made a two armed dagon as a modder's resource.

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40418

40418-1-1316466773.jpg

Now, I'm not opposed to doing a lot of the ground work myself. What I need to figure out is how to take that model and make it at least playable..and maybe speak? I've seen Slof's Xivilai race in COBL races and maybe the same could be done with the two armed dagon by using an orc as a base? Orcs have the same jutted toothy jaw and Dagon would probably speak the same way, and make LIP creation easier.

As far as getting the other two arms onto Dagon, I thought I (or someone willing) could create armor from the chest and bottom two arms of the vanilla model, maybe animating them in a relaxed idle position, and we wouldn't have to worry about animating that TOO much. Dagon wouldn't be walking around too much, and if worse comes to worse only film his head and shoulders. OR, maybe force an idle animation on his playable arms to simulate movement with the non playable bottom ones. Remember, this is all for visual effects.

This wouldn't be used at LEAST for another 5-6 episodes (maybe next summer) so there's plenty of time.

• 4 weeks later...