DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WIPz: Museum of Nirn

windclan

...and chaos reigns once more within my sort of museum. All the resources have managed to completely destroy my attempts to keep things neat in the files. Barely know where anything is anymore. Is there some way to tell Nifskope to automatically look at places that aren't BSA files that I'm missing?

Never going to come close to reaching the grand opening at this rate...

Last night a great tragedy struck the Museum. Working long hours to catalog supplies and artifacts the scribes brought in torches to improve the lights during the night. The open flames sparked a fire that has consumed the entirety of the records room and every scrap of paper contained within. All of the scribes survived and escaped with only minor burns from trying to fight the flames to save the records. And thanks to the quick action of several frost and fire mages the rest of the building was saved from the fire, countless artifacts and irreplaceable books saved from being destroyed and lost forever.

The loss of the records is a major setback however and with the date of the Grand Opening looming ever closer the Head Curator has decided that sacrifices must be made. The scribes will return to work as soon as the builder mages finish rebuilding the records room but they will focus on quickly rebuilding the Museum's extensive files with great sacrifices in organization.

(Even the disasters can make for decent updates it seems. This is true though, with the attempts to make Nifskope see my files having failed the only remaining choice is to toss organization to the wind and treat things as I would a normal mod, just toss them into the normal texture folder where they can be found. Though fortunately the meshes don't have to be found so I can at least organize that side of things. Still annoying but what can you do, these things happen...)

• 3 weeks later...

Another amazing site has been uncovered by a Museum research team. While exploring the various Dwarven ruins spread throughout Morrowind they discovered a chamber buried under collapsed rocks and submerged in water. With the aid of water breathing spells the team was able to excavate the chamber's entrance. Inside was dry land and quite possibly the greatest Dwarven treasures ever found...a tomb, with carved images and writing covering the walls and countless objects of historical value. Strangely there was no coffin or body present, the dais where one would have sat was empty except for a pile of ash. The belief among several of the researchers is that the mysterious events that caused the Dwemer to vanish also took the bodies of their dead. This theory is supported by the writings of the Nerevarine, who wrote that while exploring a previously undiscovered ruin beneath Mournhold he saw ash piles sitting beside weapons and armor, as well as sitting on chairs and in beds.

Regardless of what happened to the Dwemer though, the tomb is an amazing discovery and the artifacts are being cataloged and prepared for shipment to the Museum. A detachment of the Museum's Mage Guard have been dispatched to the site as well, to safeguard the artifacts and researchers against any smugglers of Dwemer artifacts that may be in the area.

The team's best guess as to the age puts the tomb as being built during the Late Mythic Era or Early First Era. The item the researchers are most excited about is a book, perfectly intact and written in a language we can actually understand. It's title is The Legend of Flamebanner and it seems to speak of an ancient fortress and it's history...although the team is split over whether the book is a work of fiction or a true account of a piece of Dwarven history they are remaining open-minded, remembering how the discovery of the Nexus of Worlds and the multitude of other worlds connected to Nirn threw everything we knew onto it's side.

(The book mentioned here is my own work, an LP from the game Dwarf Fortress, quite an interesting tale though I have yet to find the inspiration to finish it off. I do plan to add it into the Museum though along with other Dwarven related objects...May also be tossing a certain question around in my mind, perhaps to answer one of the greatest questions history has left the people of Nirn ;) )

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Been quiet for a while about the progress of the project, hasn't been too much really. Been doing a little experimenting with NPC Creation lately though. Turns out to be easier then I would have expected, good thing to considering the number I'll need to populate the island properly :)

• Upvote 1

Currently working on figuring out which exhibit halls are small enough that I can merge them together since some like Urak and Erebus are so light on artifacts that it is not worth it to have an entire building just for them, especially since 90% of the exhibits in those halls are going to be pictures and writing since for obvious reasons I don't actually have artifacts from those other worlds to put on display.

Also looking for opinions on what to do with the buildings that will be made vacant from the merging. Removing them and rearranging what is left is always an option but it would be silly of me not to see if the community has any ideas first :)

All righty, currently my plans for reorganizing the Museum Complex are:

Merge 6 of the 9 regional halls into a single or pair of buildings. Elsweyr, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Summerset Isles, Valenwood and High Rock will be merged. Cyrodiil, Morrowind and Skyrim will retain their individual halls since there are enough objects from each of those lands to make a full building worthwhile.

Reorganize the plans so that similar halls are close to each other. So the 4 creature halls, the 4 regional halls, the Ayleid/Dwemer halls, the art gallery/statue halls and the Nexus World halls will all be moved so that a visitor could easily visit all the halls in a category without wandering the Complex to find each one.

First step in reorganizing is complete, removed the majority of the buildings keeping only the Visitor Center, Cafe, Nexus Tavern, Hotel and Library in place and covering up the removing the roadscaping. Going to be smart about this and sit down and decide what buildings I need for planned exhibits and what needs to go together so I can plan the new layout. Seems better then my original method of slapping a bunch of buildings down and THEN trying to figure out what to do with them all :P

If you have seen the newest gallery shots you may notice that the roads have been replaced by a large area of paved space. This is mainly because I could not manage to make a straight road to save my life today :shrug: May keep it though depending on how things look later.

Also since I moved the Visitor Center to Guest Services I now plan to center the Museum around the Events Square.

And finally, I am giving serious consideration to dismantling the supply port on the other side of the island and consolidating everything within the Museum Complex so I can better focus my efforts. :)

Probably won't take me quite that long :P Already finished looting the resources of the Alliance and already took out the first 10 pages of the Nexus resources too. It will probably take me far longer to get the stuff loaded into the CS then it would to find and download them :)