DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WIPz: Museum of Nirn

windclan

Just finished clearing the island and now that I can see it without the buildings and such it really is a nice setup, the existing road terrain sets down a good starting point for a layout. The only thing I've thought about besides the issue with the docks is that the new plans are going to play havoc with the existing rooms since most were designed for a single expansive building. Going to have to modify most and likely rebuild one or two...but I was actually thinking of modifications anyway, was looking at some of the current room layouts and thinking just how weird they would be in a real museum environment.

Ah well, changes upon changes is just a part of the modding process :) Considering the previous and undocumented attempts I've made things are going quite well :)

Nothing on the mod page/readme that says modders can't make use of it though so if I don't get a negative reply I will still go ahead with my plans for the island.

Before you go to deep into this have a look at the symbol of credits/permissions (P) of this mod (Elba Isle), there it tells:

"You must get permission from me before you are allowed to modify my files to improve it"

"You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file"

I don't know how big your island must be, there is a modders resource by Stroti, Everrest Island

http://oblivion.nexu....com/mods/35269

or this one: Island Paradice by Dunmermaiden:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/38154

Edited by Tamira

Announcement!

Due to unforeseen problems with the plan to build on Elba Island in the form of incredibly well hidden laws regarding outside influence all Museum operations are being moved moved to the unnamed Island Paradise recently discovered by an also unnamed Dunmer maiden.

• 2 weeks later...

The Museum's port has begun to be built, several shells have been finished and are merely waiting for mages to work their magics on them. Still have several ideas for this area however:

Port Security HQ: To keep everyone on their best behavior :)

Loading Area: Where wagons are loaded with building supplies to take inland

Market: A small, sea themed market to sell things like fish, sea based ingredients and slightly enchanted items of use to sailors and dockworkers...and maybe the poor adventurer ;)

All I got for now but ideas are always welcome ;)

Just an update on the building plans for anyone who is interested :)

Supply Port: Half built

Warehouse: Exterior built

Docks: Built

Port Security Office: Exterior built

Inn/Tavern: exterior Built

Cart Loading Area: Built

Small Market: Exterior built

Harbormasters Office: Exterior built

Lighthouse: Exterior built

Museum Complex: No Construction Yet

Visitor Center:

Passenger Port:

Cafe:

Tavern:

Gift Shop:

Exhibit Halls:

Library:

Workshops:

Observatory:

Storage Area:

Gardens:

Edited by windclan

Planned Exhibit Halls: Names subject to drastic change

Guards of Tamriel

Hall of the Seas

Hall of Divines

Hall of Princes

Hall of Dwemer

Hall of Ayleids

Hall of Mages

Alchemy Hall

Hall of Knights

Hall of Monsters

Hall of Undead

Hall of Daedra

Hall of Animals

Hall of Saints and Champions

Hall of Artifacts

Hall of Vampires

Hall of Statues

Art Gallery

Morrowind Hall

Skyrim Hall

Hammerfell Hall

Blackmarsh Hall

Summerset Hall

Valenwood Hall

High Rock Hall

Elsweyr Hall

Various weapon and armor Halls

Hall of Urak

Hall of Erebus

Hall of Thedas

New ideas are always welcome

Edited by windclan

Construction of the Museum is proceeding well, more buildings are put up every day and the mages have been working their magics on them. Members of the non-building staff have begun to trickle in as well, bringing their equipment and setting up their work spaces. The Altmer who runs the newly opened Nexus Tavern, Erissa Estirdar has had her brewers hard at work creating new drinks and doing their best to recreate those that have come through the Nexus. So far she has met with great success although two of the builders had to be taken to the infirmary after a mishap with a barrel of Golden Scythe...this is probably why the recipe warned that serving size was by the drop.

(I do so enjoy these in character style updates :P )

• Upvote 1

Another block of buildings was completed today and the mages continue to work their magics to create interiors for them. The first group of guards also arrived today, including a number of mage guards. And in a tale that had everyone in the Nexus laughing they made their first arrest when they were only partway across the ocean. It seems a pair of Khajiit had ideas about starting a skooma den on the island but they made the huge mistake of stowing away on a boat full of soldiers and mages. The pair are now enjoying the cells beneath the Security HQ while they await shipment back to the Imperial City.

(Seriously, I love doing these little in-character bits. I actually ended up on the skooma lore page while wandering the wiki earlier and discovered that there is a den in Bravil...somehow I missed that...everytime I've gone to Bravil. Seemed possible that someone might try to bring the vile stuff to my island.)

Edited by windclan