DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WIPz: Museum of Nirn

windclan

Lots of books are being compiled into a Word Document for eventual transfer into actual books. Currently at 204 pages and I am just getting to the Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim pile which is the huge one.

Going to be quite a nice pile of scroll based history and lore in this Library as well, lots of shorter things that aren't really worth a book :)

The Nexus has given the Museum's scholars and researchers a great deal to study now, as a large number of books have come through to Nirn. While some of the stories are very interesting it is the books of history that have set the staff to long nights of reading and theorizing about the other worlds connected to the Nexus as well as about the Nexus itself.

(We're closing in on 800 pages now!)

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting down to the wire on this move and my museum time has completely vanished amid packing and planning. So the Museum project is on indefinite hiatus as of now. It hopefully will not be too long before I can stoke up the creative fires once more but it could also very well be months before I have the ability to resume work. There will certainly not be a test version ready by December like I was hoping... :(

• 1 month later...

With ever more books and writings coming through the Nexus of Worlds the Museum's resident mages and scholars have begun to slowly piece together which objects came from which worlds which is helping a great deal with our efforts to understand the worlds connected to our own. So far only one world has been able to be named: Urak, a land that seems to be torn by war among it's eight kingdoms.

We suspect that other worlds will become named as research continues

I've decided to get out of the Library for a bit and work elsewhere in the Museum. But first I need some community input: Is there anyone (of those that see this anyway) that has an opinion or suggestion or objection on me potentially turning images they have uploaded here into paintings? I've seen a ton of amazing shots since I've been here and a lot of them look like they would make really great artwork.

Two grand breakthroughs today:)

First is the discovery of the Floor Planner, an online program that lets you create blueprints. This should greatly improve my ability to plan out the rooms before I start building, cutting down on a large amount of fumbling around in the CS. It isn't perfect of course but it will still provide some assistance.

The second breakthrough is far larger and more important, as some of you probably remember, I've been scouring the mod sites and maps of Cyrodiil to try and find either a location within Cyrodiil where I would not conflict with anything major or a worldspace mod that could be used for the Museum. Most of the province seems to have been used already and a lot of the worldspaces I found and liked were either already in use by their creators or other modders or were several dozen times too large for my needs (Land's End).

But finally, I came across a landmass mod on the Nexus that had managed to slip past me every time I searched: Elba Island. Though initially put off by the fact that there was already a small settlement on the island on closer inspection I noticed the dates on it and felt it was old enough to warrant a deeper look (namely loading it into my game and checking it out)

A quick tour of the island dispelled all my doubts. Elba is perfectly sized for my needs. Still have to message the island's creator and see if he has any objections to my using the land (provided I get a reply at all since he seems to have been inactive for 2 years) Nothing on the mod page/readme that says modders can't make use of it though so if I don't get a negative reply I will still go ahead with my plans for the island.

And a 3rd announcement: Since the island has roads already laid and plenty of space I have decided to revisit an idea that came up in the shouty a while back: Multiple buildings. The Museum of Nirn has become a museum complex. And the added space will allow further structures to be built...What they are will be posted later (when I decide what they will be :P )

oooh awesome Wind :dance:

Thats the way to plan.

I for one think that multiple buildings would be a good idea.

Don't forget one of them just for maintenance and stuff like that.

keep us updated on this and good luck getting the permission from the island owner :pints:

Got quite a list of possible buildings now, have to see what will fit well once I clear the island. Ideas so far:

Museum: As yet unknown number of buildings

Library: For all those books

Dock Area: Supply ships and passenger ships

Storerooms: At least 2 buildings

Tavern: For the hungry and thirsty guest to rest

Garden: Because it wouldn't be right not to have one

Workrooms: For the various Museum staff

That is all I got so far

My major concern is the docks, going to have to be creative with that since Elba is all cliff sided. Think the best option will be to have the Museum's Teleporter Mage set up pads between the docks and the top of the island. :)

Out of curiosity, once the buildings are all in place would anyone be interested in doing the exterior clutter work? (Talking foliage mostly but probably other things too)

Edited by windclan