DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New PC win10 questions

donnato

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since W3.1 came out, it was easy for me to transition to anything.  I have all my 'must have' items on a different Install drive.  I have my folder structure copied to my install drive, so I can create categories ONE time, and never need to again.  I just extract the category folders to the NEW O.S drive and install programs to them.  Easy peasy.  Of course I also have a mirrored copy.

So, its  the same structuring for any flavor of Windows.

2 minutes ago, donnato said:

Ok up and running. It is really fast, I mean, it boots in a couple seconds instead of minutes. CPU clocks natively at 3.7Ghz.  Can`t seem to get good sound with my headphones though.

Is it Nahimic that you have for your sound card? You need to set it up; it takes some getting used to but the sound is very good. :)

I could have sworn I read your spec sheet for the rig....where is it? 

I need to know the Model, MSI motherboard type.  Anything to start with.

In the meantime, if you have normal external speakers, do they play loud, or are they also low sound?

Edited by Ashenfire

And the sound?   Realtek version x              I see it might be Realtek ALC892

MSI 7B48-001R Z370-A PRO LGA 1151 (Socket H4) ATX Intel Z370 - LGA1151 - 8th

I am familiarizing this as we speak.  Also, check to see if you  can hear your external speakers properly, it can be that the surround sound

might now accept headphones in the same jacks you might think.  Unless of course, you are following a manual or pictograms where the

headphones should go. 

I am looking at the diagram now.

image.thumb.png.0842cff7777a6344cb17d79830084dc3.png01-MSI_SnapShot_08-1.jpg

Edited by Ashenfire

Its always going to be, wiring, setup, and drivers.

So anyways I was hoping you were using the BIOS to examine setup. 

It is good I posted the picture because I wanted to be sure I am seeing what you see.  It just dawned on me that the picture was not for an INTEL version.....

I am assuming you know your headphone are in good operational order.

Edited by Ashenfire

I have no external speakers ..  but I just started the jukebox here and the sound was somewhat louder so I unplugged and tried the rear jacks with no luck ...  However When I took off the headphones I found the very faint music coming from my monitor which is connected with display port. I have not yet played with those settings. Might be some conflict there??

Thanks RG, I`m otherwise pretty happy with this rig.

If your monitor is using HDMI connections and a headphone plug in, then you will have to consider that the monitor has its own volume control.  But it won't be a conflict.

It just means that your volume control settings will have to be selected WHICH sound source you want to utilize.

Ok , update ... I got the sound to an acceptable level so we maybe avoided an unfortunate RMA .  Yhat said ..  I proceeded to DL and install my security ... But wait, there`s more ... I also loaded Gimp 2.10.6 and imported my entire picture gallery from an external backup drive ... then,  picked my fav wallpaper and set it as my desktop background.  We`re looking good here.

12 hours ago, donnato said:

Ok , update ... I got the sound to an acceptable level so we maybe avoided an unfortunate RMA .  Yhat said ..  I proceeded to DL and install my security ... But wait, there`s more ... I also loaded Gimp 2.10.6 and imported my entire picture gallery from an external backup drive ... then,  picked my fav wallpaper and set it as my desktop background.  We`re looking good here.

Security? Windows 10 comes with windows defender. It ain't the best, but, its really all you need. Windows 10 frequently has issues with third party anti-virus software... Tends to interfere with updates, and various bad things happen.