DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New PC win10 questions

donnato

Well, I had just renewed my malwarebytes license so I installed it here. No problems so far.  As to the sound issue, I figure this to be a hardware thing and I don`t see software fixing that. I`m looking at amplified headphones or  an external amp.

Edited by donnato

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far as I know, the 'defender' installed on 7 is not the same as that on win 10. Also, I don't think it actually works on 7. :) We installed MSE by habit. It doesn't exhibit as many of the bad behaviors that most of the third party a/vs do....... Norton, is the worst, closely followed by Mcafee.....

My experience, NORTON ALWAYS worked... I just didn't have issues with them until they decided to disable my entire suite, 1 year later.  I BOUGHT the software, so I should not be sheisted 1 year later. 

I understand we pay for updates for the new virus protections, but my suite was an hdd defragger, registry defragger, hdd sectors health check, etc.  THEY should not have been turned off.  But it did work.

That being said, I don't even bother with virus protections.  I have a router connected to another router....firewalls activated.

Edited by Ashenfire

2 hours ago, Ashenfire said:

My experience, NORTON ALWAYS worked... I just didn't have issues with them until they decided to disable my entire suite, 1 year later.  I BOUGHT the software, so I should not be sheisted 1 year later. 

I understand we pay for updates for the new virus protections, but my suite was an hdd defragger, registry defragger, hdd sectors health check, etc.  THEY should not have been turned off.  But it did work.

That being said, I don't even bother with virus protections.  I have a router connected to another router....firewalls activated.

Yes, Norton works.... but, it tends to be a resource hog, which is my major malfunction with it. Especially some of the higher end versions.... with twelve separate processes that start with windows. MSE is a very light footprint, ONE process, same for defender. And neither one tries to do stuff that compromises what you actually WANT to do. I HATE the a/v's that demand to scan EVERY file the O/S tries to access..... Talk about a performance killer.....

I don't run any A/V on my personal machine either. Haven't for years. I simply don't need one. I don't go to sites that are famous for handing out malware, and I run an adblocker, as ads are the favorite medium for malware transport at this point. If a site won't let me visit unless I turn it off, I don't visit.

Most of the machines at work are win 10. We have a couple machines running 7, one machine with XP....... (only on when needed) we even still have a win 98 machine.... but, I don't think we have even turned that one in for a couple years. :) And, of course, the linux server...... (for NAS duties, DHCP, and PXE boot.)

Thats true, I LUV my adblocker in my browser. 

I hate M.soft.......so I do anything I can, to not run their creations, including their AV software.  Its bare bones anyways.

All my software is built for Windows, so I am stuck with it.  I truly hoped I would be running a Linux flavor  by now. 

They haven't caught up to all the things I want to do; when I had money. The things they HAVE done is great, however I would have to RE PURCHASE 

all my software for their platform.

Such a shame.  Caught in a rock and a hard place.

Did you email them or read their FAQ, etc for your rig?

Just in case

Following link is for a Realtek driver site recommended by Cyberpower and evil Google search engine.

It might help, but I am thinking your drivers are fine, and I am not sure if you got codecs with your machine, so long shot:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/

It is important to have codecs.

I can't believe they don't have software to promote their rig.  I am so used to building my own and getting 'power packs' full of software and other goodies.

I am used to some sound manufacturer or 3rd party audio software being included, along with diagnostics.  Maybe that site can at least help with diags if requried.

Edited by Ashenfire