DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

I appreciate the thought. :D I've not had these kinds of issues before, and I am running pretty much the same load order. Removing the Harvest Overhaul mod helped some, but, changing UGrids did nothing. (I run 9 in the mainland, works a treat.) I suspect something changed on my system, and is a contributor here. (windows 10, after all....)

Gave ya a cookie too. :D

yay! cookies! :woot: ... windows 10 fudging up skyrim... that would be sth new for me :scary: i also run win 10... though, after i basically started over with my beloved orc, i havent moved to solstheim yet, i was busy smacking ore and ingots in my lakeview manor forge.... oh pls, dont let that happen to me :geek: after i finished the ebony tier, i might as well start killing the first dragon and then see if thats the same for me once i hit solstheim. its the same old mudcrab, the more sophisticated your mods are, the higher the chances they f up your game. its why, after figuring out how to make an "invisible bow" (spear-thrower-mod) and especially afer figuring out how to tweak unarmed combat and "pseudo-unarmed-combat" with fists of malacath, i stayed the f away from anything involving too many scripts.

if you want any feedback about win 10 vs solstheim, gimme a few days. oh boy, win 10, YOU BETTER DONT DARE MESSING WITH MY BELOVED SKYRIM!!! :noway:

me thinkz the ebony swords are done... :) ... edit: fixed hilts

ebonysw1.JPG.49a5b762898f4cf3e6e52a3cb02e8141.JPG

edit: same old... left one is vanilla.

edit 2: once im done with the swords, ill go for the daggers. after that ill be implementing the axes / battleaxes and maces / warhammers / scythe-prototypes

edit 3: once the ebony tier is done... ill go for the brutal orcish skull axe. will get uploaded here, standalone-mod, tesalliance-exclusive. current developement name "Metalasfu"

Edited by ragna_r0k

sooo... lets check nifs... what was my old way of organizing weapons... standard name = only blade... razor prefix = spiked up... berserker prefix= skulls... should be named sth like ragnarokberserkerwaraxe .... gogogo :)

edit: its original name is actually ragnarokpunisherdoubleaxe... i remember... wasnt berserker prefix indicating mudcrab-loads of skulls... it was punisher prefix.

(comics highly recommended, especially garth ennis run (aka "punisher max") )

congratz u old basterd... u just got renamed. punisherdoubleaxe is dead! long live metalasfu!

edit: yeah, gotta adjust normals n stuff... my old work was inferior. this beast will rule once its done!

Edited by ragna_r0k

metalasfu revision 4... ILL IMPLEMENT THAT ONE! :woot:

metalasfurevision4.thumb.JPG.4e70c047c744d57a4f50447a6d900e5c.JPG

edit: im gonna dedicate this one to the whole modding community! to the folks that helped me gain my skillz! to the folks that taught me stuff! to tesalliance! HAIL MALACATH!

so lets see... gotta smash the n's and m's together... split it before that, skulls dont reflect... then adjust blood...

so what is inside it... skulls... orcish mace... orcish waraxe... done this hundreds of times before.... itll be done tonight. maybe in an hour or two.

edit: working on as many axes as i did... you can actually whack 2 trishapes into a single nif without any problems. ill use this to make the skulls not-reflective.

Edited by ragna_r0k

perfectly split... no way i couldve done this in 2012.

metalasfurevision7.JPG.da3a1ebf8decb5a694baece9700d6164.JPG

edit, looking at it... waaaait a minute... im gonna re-use that part :woot: at a later stage when it comes to orcish-punisher-tier :)

edit: seeing them split i noticed another smaller flaw in the shape of the mace piercing through the front and back skulls... fixed.

edit: another issue noticed... fixed as well

the mesh is perfect now. first export only the metal parts... then only the skull parts... then tune the blood-effects... and create m and n files. then create the nifs from all that. another hour i think. further edit: make that about 2 hours. ill take my time with that one.

Edited by ragna_r0k

getting there...

metalasfurevision9.thumb.JPG.836628c232ffe184067037bb9ead9111.JPG

edit: and yeah, i know, the skulls use copies of orcish mace shaders... gotta find the values of the regular skulls, will tune down reflections a lot on them and adjust reflective color ;) ... STILL THIS THING IS BADASS AND I LOVE IT ALREADY BEFORE EVEN BEING IN MY GAME! :woot:

now, compare this one with my first works... WAAAAAAAY SUPERIOR! HAIL MALACATH! :woot:

and no worries, puny humans... theyre elven skulls :)

edit: when i talk about "my first works" ... im referring to ragna_roks stuff for real berserkers. not rise of the orcs. any weapon i craft for rise of the orcs is way superior than my first works. HAIL MALACATH! ... now wheres that bone-nif which im gonna rip to shreds for the fitting shaders.........

edit: bone shader tweaked... setting it up in the ck.

note for description: stats damage +1 and crit +1 compared to regular orcish waraxe. crafting recipe standard orcish waraxe +3 bonemeal, price 90 (waraxe) + 10 = 100

edit: it should work in-game, but doesnt correctly... ill set it up once more, the ck looks good, the nifs are the problem. this time ill use one of my adjusted orcish-waraxe-nifs as base from rise of the orcs.

funny thing is that after i started to merge all my new weapons into a single mod (rise of the orcs) i ran into problems with creating a new mod... nevermind, theres literally nothing i wanted to make work which i couldnt make work flawlessly. and why that? COZ IM THE BRUTAL ORCISH MASTER BLACKSMITH! HAIL MALACATH! :woot:

Edited by ragna_r0k

soooo... back to the ebony tier. ... once im done with getting the rest of the finished ebonys in-game im gonna test them, means ill play a bit. will also check the Metalasfu once more, i think theres still sth about the normals that needs re-adjustment, it got pretty late tonight and im still not fit at all, sorry about any potential inconveniences. effing flu...

if i find anything on metalasfu itll get updated here in no-time :)

oh, and before i forget... small announcement.... my flagship-mod "Fists of Malacath" will get updated during the next weeks if i can figure out how to realize a certain idea.

the idea is simple... basically the idea of the whole mod itself was simple too... its why it rulez. no fancy stuff, no scripts, no 500k-HD, just plain and simple carnage. no spoilers, i wont even tell in the description, its gonna be a surprise :woot: fingers crossed :)

besides the ebony-tier theres the old "problem" of turning my draugr tier into nord hero tier.... thats 146 nifs, each needs several shaders relinked to the textures, n's and m's :geek:

good thing though: the results look amazing imho :woot:

draugrbattleaxe01 turned into nordherobattleaxe01, teek a look:

nordheroba1.JPG.45b118039d781bf2355ac33a69007ac5.JPG

nordherobattleaxe06 ... either its been too long, or they really look more awesome in nord-hero-retex...

nordheroba6.JPG.c44c6033c8c53665845f26cf1b4c06e8.JPG

nordherobattleaxe11

nordheroba11.JPG.a566e022ca541d813ec1c34309773c5d.JPG

nordherobattleaxe15

nordheroba15.JPG.eed87145a33131b2151d22be0beaf7c6.JPG

19 ba meshes done... the 1st person ones. 127 left... and then 292 ck-entries :scary:

Edited by ragna_r0k

8 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Of course I can. :) If I had the skills you do, I would be playin' too. :)

its not that difficult once you get the hang of it. i tell you the same now that i told anyone else in the past.... start easy. just pick your favorite weapon and smack a skull or a gold coin or sth on it. by that you learn the basics of exporting and importing weapons. dont try to solve everything at once... for starters ignore blood, normals and mapping. then you move the thing into the game, make it work... and then youre hooked and doomed for all eternity :D  then you simply fiddle around with the mesh, you dont need that many commands to use blender for that... talking bout blender, i only use freewar. then you figure out the normals, mappings and bloods, i still got occasional issues with the normals, but once the weapon is in game you can fix those issues within minutes, compared to the hours you needed to create your stuff. maybe i should record a tutorial at another point... actually this wouldnt be a bad idea... mmh... id have to work with recording software first... well, first nordhero and ebony tier :)

btw, metalasfu is a good example. cutting the waraxe to pieces, mirroring the blade, adding the mace as base, slapping skulls on it... you see, i spent the majority of the design time on getting the skeleton fists and "metal horns" \m/ done. i ripped them from the regular skeleton, and they have open hands. had to bend every finger piece by piece, once you got stuff like that done its like copy paste and mirror.

maybe i should really give a crash-course once. "slapping mudcrab together" ... maybe i just slap an actual mudcrab on a standard steel sword :)

I tried my hand at 3ds Max once upon a time. (I think I still have it installed.....) But, the learning curve is incredibly steep, and I am most certainly an old dog. :D New tricks don't come easy.

Though, I would LOVE to put my selective-fire Van Helsing crossbow I did for morrowind into Skyrim. :D (I used someone elses mesh for that.)

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

I tried my hand at 3ds Max once upon a time. (I think I still have it installed.....) But, the learning curve is incredibly steep, and I am most certainly an old dog. :D New tricks don't come easy.

Though, I would LOVE to put my selective-fire Van Helsing crossbow I did for morrowind into Skyrim. :D (I used someone elses mesh for that.)

youre starting a few levels too high, my friend. statics are the easier thing, like.... items... gold coins... swords... shields... what is way more difficult is stuff that bends, like armors when you move, or a bow that gets shot. i only got skyrim experience here. the only way to make them work in game is if you pick an existing skeleton and rig your thing onto it. for example, the bows use different skeletons, i couldnt have rigged the razor-, skull- or bloodbow to lets say a draugr bows skeleton since the skeleton is too small for it. further, many people ive known back in the old days tried for months to import custom skeletons into skyrim, and from what i know, all failed. the only way to move a custom skeleton / animation into skyrim is by replacing a used one from what i know. and that, in turn, is pretty much gonna f up any mod that used the replaced skeleton. too risky imho.

if you really want a custom crossbow in game, and i only can talk about skyrim, it would thus need to have a similar shape to an existing one. and by that you only got the 2 dawnguard ones to choose from. if you got the shape, youd have to rig it to the existing skeleton which in turn youd rip out of the chosen existing one. and then we come to the major problem... weightpainting. now that ones a peach. especially if you have parts that move and parts that shouldnt move (like the wristblades from my shredder-armor).

lastly, im an old dog myself :) i played morrowind and oblivion, but never modded them (i once farmed a mudcrabload of oblivion mods here but never had the time to enjoy them, will do so once im done with this beast here ). sadly this old dog also lost his rigging skills... no, not lost... i got rusty... a bit :) ... its why i didnt improve the horde armors yet. first wanna go for the weapons. and when i started with rise of the orcs, i actually tried to improve my old razor- skull- and bloodbow... and i failed hard lol :pc: ... once i move from statics to moving thingies i might take a look into it, but since i never did crossbows, no promises here. ... also, the skeleton... yeah, the extracting... couldnt even tell if id manage to get that one straight. for the armors i used a custom-blender-file with male and female skeletons, and that custom-file... i got it here somewhere in the tutorial section :loveTESA:i also remember that getting the orc-bows skeleton into blender was a real pain in the butt, took me weeks to get it working if i remember correctly.

oh, and theres always plan-b ... you ever tried contacting another modder about your project that did crossbows before? you folks here did so much for the community of modders, i think youll find a pro that will gladly help out :) you shouldve asked me like 8 - 9 years ago and id have directly tried it, this old dog here first has to burry his rise-of-the-orc-bone here before chasing the next cat :)

edit: hmmm... skull-crossbow-made-from-skulls-and-bones-and-spines... *notes... when you notice i give this one a shot, remind me of your thingy if you didnt get it ingame yet. might take a quite long time though.

Edited by ragna_r0k