DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tavern Tales: OOC Discussion Thread III

Vereta

No that's really a solid reason.  He's young and used to Red's orders (methinks I smell a crush) and he got knocked silly, so I gotcha.  Have a nice workday. :woot: Rider's got himself a wip post.  I'll see if I have to change anything I'm working on.  But there's a good chance I'll crash before I finish -- it took me four hours to think and write the last courtyard entry!   :pints:   So...back to it.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OI! ( Rider gave me a new exclamation...  aa_biggrin.gif  )

That was great, Will!  So hard to write about the shapeless where there's no point of reference ( or without falling on one when you shouldn't )  But you done did it dadgum it!  

The "long narrow cell" is very good!  And now you're in a metaphysical world without boundaries, so go nuts!

I've changed the last part of my entry to add the medallion.  How could I have forgotten it! :pints:

Sigh! Okay, let me explain...

You know that Sithis is not a 'god' at all, but the lack of anything, he is the void, the nothingness. Read this:

Sithis is distinctly different from any of the other divine beings worshiped across Tamriel. As Vicente Valtieri correctly states, Sithis "is no Daedra, and dwells not in the realm of Oblivion. No, Sithis is something altogether... different." Neither is Sithis an Aedra, nor does he appear in the regular pantheon of any known civilization in the world. No clear physical description of Sithis exists, as he does not directly interact with the mortal world (with the possible exception of the Night Mother), although some members claim to hear the Dread Father speak to them right before they take a life. Members of the Dark Brotherhood often describe Sithis in vague or figurative terms; Lucien Lachance once described Sithis as "a perfect, cloudless midnight, cold as winter ice and shrouded in shadow.", while Vicente Valtieri describes him as "the darkness of time immemorial". The Brotherhood also uses the title "Dread Father" to refer to Sithis, who has also been called simply "The Void".

So, the tenticles are the void, taking memories and destroying them. When all the memories are gone, so are you, you return to the void. You cease to exist anymore. The memories are what define you, place you, make you. Remember when the rays of light captured Williams memories and brought them to himself at the witches place? In this place, the darkness takes the memories. William has won the first battle with the void, with Sithis. He has beaten back the void and kept his memories so far.

Now I sound like one of those english teachers who made you read some old book and then talk about all the deep meanings in the book, which nobody ever understood. Dang, I guess I have gone to deep for people to understand. Dang again! Oh well, at least I can explain it here...

Sorry about that.  :anyone:

The long narrow cell is the sword. It devoured Williams soul before he could reach the light of the afterworld. (which would have been a quick trip to the void for a DB member.)

I tried to use a lot of symbolism here... There will be more in the land he is in...

O SNAP!  

I really want to add something to the Limbo our guys are running through, but I don't have the time.  If you can, Rider, save some for me -- don't bring us out til later tomorrow.  I'll be home around 9 am yawning like a cavern.

So no one noticed the lines from two movies in my entry?   :anyone:

O SNAP!  I really want to add something to the Limbo our guys are running through, but I don't have the time.  If you can, Rider, save some for me -- don't bring us out til later tomorrow.  I'll be home around 9 am yawning like a cavern.So no one noticed the lines from two movies in my entry?   :anyone:

Gasp!  Really?  I missed them!  Now I have to go back and re-read to find them!  LOL

...that is if my little brother would stop sending me IM's every two freaking seconds!  AHH!  Little brother's suck and they don't get better in their late twenties.  ROFL

Tomorrow? I thought we had three days? William was only killed last night. Tonight would be one day.You may have noticed my Avatar change. We will see if William makes it back or not...

Hey!  I have faith in Wil.  He'll find his way back!   :anyone:   I don't think we're going to last another two days dragging on the various trips to the Shrine!  LOL  I know I'm about out of material and I'm trying to prolong it before V pops in and just zaps us there to get it over with!  ROFL

Think you may have to move up your timetable a bit!   aa_tongue.gif  Patience doesn't seem to be one of our greater virtues.

Okay, okay, I am writing the second bit now. But I am exhausted, so it may not be as good/deep/lame (your choice) as the previous story.

Your rushing me!

There are plenty of adventures to be had on the road.

While you are sleeping, a goblin, or what-ever, makes off with the sword. You give chase and he darts into a cave. Well, you have to get it back. Right! Perhaps the cave system goes down into an Aleyid ruin, where a Lich waits with the new found treasure... but to get there, you will have to figure out some traps, secret doors, find a Varla stone that might be able to help Red with her 'firey' personality?

A dragon swoops down and lifts one of you off to its nest. (V, he has the stuff) Red gives chase up a mountain where you find a cave. Guess whose cave it is?

Oooh!  those are great ideas and I may just borrow one here!  I was just fiddling with an addition and sitting here trying to decide what to throw at them next!  

They're gonna be damn beat up and bruised by the time they reach the shrine!  LOL  

Wil, you're a fantastic writer and, like me and Rider and Grond and Wind, you're own worst critic!  KNOCK IT OFF!  You ROCK sir!    :anyone: