DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in...

WhoGuru

Watched the first new episode this morning(12:00AM here),was not a bad start. Prisoner zero was quite interesting. Waiting to see what happens with the cracks in the universe and silence and why would this prisoner know about it? The new Doctor has an interesting appetite,fish sticks and custard? The new Tardis looks like the eclectic creation of a compulsive collector. I could learn to like it. I think DaMage is correct about the sonic screwdriver and he seems to use it a lot.

Green sonic screwdriver....interesting...though i was under the impression (from an old episode) that the doctor had travelled in time to get one of the last sonic screwdrivers before the factory was destroyed...hence the reason previously that he had to be very careful with it (as he couldnt go back and get another one for some reason).

I think DaMage is correct about the sonic screwdriver and he seems to use it a lot.

The Doctor makes his own sonic screwdrivers. The new one is the seventh one (not counting the future version used by River Song). It looks like the new one was actually made by the TARDIS, but that could have happened after The Doctor programed the specs. And he does seem to use it a lot. Is it the Timelord version of the iPhone? I can hear the advertisement now:

"Need to unlock any door? There's an app for that. Need to overload every piece of technology around you? There's an app for that, too. Need to interface with a control panel? Oh yeah, there's an app for that. Need to open the combat chassis of a Dalek? We have an app for that. Visit your local Gallifrey retailer and see what models are available. So, where's your sonic screwdriver?"

So far I'm loving the new Doctor. :wave: There's a bit of Patrick Troughton about him and the new Console room reminds me of the First Doctor's Tardis. :pints: William Hartnell's console room was just cluttered with odds and ends and bits and pieces and screens and stuff. LOL

I don't mind the Doctor building himself new Sonic screwdrivers here and there. He's a Time Lord after all, if he can't figure it out who could? :D The new one is of course because of the Silence in the Library episode. Looks like the one he gives to River Song at some point. :) I can't wait for next week. I adored the Weeping Angels! and next week's looks like it's going to be brilliantly scary! Woot!

From what i can recall, the doctor said something like he went to when sonic industries were active to get his sonic screwdriver, but after that the factory blew up, and cause he has been there once he cant go back again. Or that it was one of those unchangeable moments.

I just looked it up, in an interview with the creators, they suggest that he simply has a whole cupboard full of sonic screw drivers. That explains how he grabed a new once straight out of the tardis. My guess is the old one was finally destroyed by the same radiation that killed the docter, and the doctor had to wait for the tardis to repair itself to get another one.

The swimming pool in the library :D

From what i can recall, the doctor said something like he went to when sonic industries were active to get his sonic screwdriver, but after that the factory blew up, and cause he has been there once he cant go back again.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the former Sonic Disruptor factory that's now a banana grove because The Doctor blew it up?

"Bananas are good."- The Doctor

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching "Victory of the Daleks". The new generation of Daleks look a bit like Power Rangers. Not to sure I like that, but I can get over it. It's interesting to see some more side effects of the "cracks" in time. Still looking forward to seeing if my geuss about their origin is right (or at least close).

Just finished watching "Victory of the Daleks". The new generation of Daleks look a bit like Power Rangers. Not to sure I like that, but I can get over it. It's interesting to see some more side effects of the "cracks" in time. Still looking forward to seeing if my geuss about their origin is right (or at least close).

Im pretty sure Ive seen those colours in the old series....am i right or am i imagineing it?

Im pretty sure Ive seen those colours in the old series....am i right or am i imagineing it?

They were in a film adaptation of the series when it was still in B & W: Dr. Who and the Daleks, released in 1965 and Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. in 1966. Both are retellings of existing television stories (specifically, the first two Dalek serials, The Daleks and The Dalek Invasion of Earth respectively) with a larger budget. Peter Cushing played the Doctor in those, but they are not considered Doctor Who cannon. There were some other colors to the Dalek color scheme in the series, but nothing no vivid as the color scheme in Victory of the Daleks.

In the classic series, so considered canon, there have been Black, white, grey, silver and camouflage green Daleks. :smarty: and in the new series, first season, they added a black and gold dalek.

When they started coming out I was expecting to see red, white and blue and would even have been good with that given how the new species of Daleks came about. XD Born thanks to the British and all. :lmao: Ah well, I'll deal. It's canon now. :)

Personally I Think the latest doctor is a bigger nutter then the last one, which is a good thing :)

I love the new guy. He reminds me a bit of Patrick Troughton and Tom baker mushed together with a dash of Tennant thrown in. :huh: Suffice to say, I like him.

Ive been rewatching the first and 2nd seasons of the new series, and i must say, tennant was very much like the orginal doctor who's....however Eccleston really was really a sort of 'evil' Doctor. He was not afraid to kill stuff and would use weapons if they were around.

The new guy....hmmm.....Im not sure yet, he certainly doesnt fit any of the old molds...I think its the age...he might be a little too young for the part.

...he might be a little too young for the part.

The same was said about Peter Davison (5th Doctor) and he turned out all right. I didn't like him at first (he's not Tom Baker), but he grew on me. I like what I've seen of Matt Smith so far. It takes time (pun intended) for each new Doctor to develop properly, so like to wait until at least the end of each new Doctor's first season (or series, as its called in the UK) to make my final judgment on them. I'm very intrigued by the current story arc with "cracks" in time and the side effects they're having. I suspect that Gallifrey smashing through the timelock has something to do with it.

I have just been getting into the new series. I like it! The new doctor and companion are good, though Tennant and Piper are still my favourites at this stage. The Beast Below is where I am up to, and that was fantastic, I thought.

Note: I haven't seen much of the older ones; mainly from Rose onwatd.

While Ill agree he is alright for the part, Smith just doesnt have the same air of intelligence, power and confience that most doctors have.

Maybe that will get better, I dont know, but right now he fits, just not perfectly.

:evil: I imagine he'll be like Tennant in that respect. He'll grow into it as his season goes on. I've already seen a few moments of that same depth the older Doctors have. I think this guy is going to do well. :rofl:

Only time I've ever been wrong about a Doctor was Colin Baker. :cookie4u: When he first started I thought I'd eventually like him. LOL No such luck. He just irritated me. Not to mention Perry. *gag*

LOL Colin Baker drove me mad. XD But I know many people who loved him. :rofl: Now I started watching when I was 6 with Tom Baker's first ep. Guess who my favorite Doctor ever is?

:cry:

Tom Baker is my favorite, too. :evil: He played the Doctor longer than anyone else (7 years) :cookie4u: . My least favorite Doctor is Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor), with Colin Baker a close second. He was dark, arrogant, rarely told his companions anything, and had a habit of stuttering the letter R when he spoke (the last is a minorrr grrripe, but, at the time, both of my youngerrr sisterrrs did this non stop and it drrrove me crrrazy, so I rrreally hated hearrring it from the Doctorrr).

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching the episode Amy's Choice. Interesting episode. I think I've found my new favorite Doctor Who line:

Something isn't right, here. Let's go poke it with a stick. :2cents:

Some of my other recent favorites are:

Donna Noble: "You are completely impossible!"

The Doctor: "Not impossible, just a bit...unlikely."

Martha Jones: "You look human."

The Doctor: "You look Timelord."

I seem to have acquired the Flu or something, so I'm having trouble thinking of any others right now. Actually, I'm having trouble just thinking. Anybody else have any favorite quotes?

and easily tennant favorite line:

RUN!

My parents dont like the new doctor who, however i think its closer to the orginal doctors then tennant was. Im not sure i like the new style of the show...but it does seem ot be closer to the original doctor then the recent ones.

Also enjoy the number of images of the other doctors that are coming up every few episodes....anyone suspecting a later episode with these cracks involing multiple doctors?