DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in...

WhoGuru

:rofl: That was good. I love weird time loops like that. Steven Moffat has an interesting way of playing with time. Must have moar!

LOL Actually that has happened to the TARDIS once before, when the Master materialized his around the Doctors, in Logopolis. :P Great episode. Which is why I was having geek peels of laughter and joy watching those! :lmao: Just awesome.

LOL Actually that has happened to the TARDIS once before, when the Master materialized his around the Doctors, in Logopolis. :P Great episode. Which is why I was having geek peels of laughter and joy watching those! :lmao: Just awesome.

IIRC, it was the other way around (the Doctor's TARDIS materializing around the Master's). But I agree: Logopolis was the first thing I thought of when I saw that. What I wonder is why the TARDIS materialized inside itself in this instance. Yes, the Doctor said it was the "safest place", but trapping the inhabitants for all eternity (or 7 1/2 minutes in this case) seems like a bad failsafe system.

If you're inside the time vortex and need to make an "emergency landing", you have all of time & space at your disposal. You could materialize inside a Dyson Sphere in the Sombrero galaxy after the inhabitants had left it or before they arrived. You could materialize on an uninhabited planet such as San Helios (the one from Planet of the Dead) after the Swarm left it. You could materialize on Earth in Greenland before it was inhabited. You could materialize on an abandoned space station in the void between galaxies. The possibilities are endless, yet the TARDIS materializes inside itself.

Was the party responsible for the "silence" responsible this as well? Another attempt to get rid of the Doctor? Inquiring Vypers want to know.

And, yes I am definitely a nerd. :geek: What other form of life would overthink something like this in such a manner. :rofl:

:rofl: Only another Whovian :hugs: We rule. :P

:lol: Indeed we do. :tardis:

Hey, anyone catch the Doctor Who reference in Fallout: New Vegas? During the battle for Hoover Dam, if you listen to the NCR emergency radio signal you will occasionally hear that at site "Bravo Bravo Charlie, The Doctor is coming" :D

Ooh good catch! That's not the first Doctor Who reference made in the Fallout universe. One of the earlier games (1 or 2, can't remember which) actually had the TARDIS appear at one point.

Sigh, I've had Mankind's "Time Traveller" stuck in my head for days now. For those not familiar with the tune, it's the B-side of their '70s discolicious version of the Who theme tune. What really sucks is that I haven't even listened to it in many years - the last time I saw my blue vinyl 12" was back in the '90s just before my sister wandered off with it, so it's probably all scratched now anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sigh, I've had Mankind's "Time Traveller" stuck in my head for days now. For those not familiar with the tune, it's the B-side of their '70s discolicious version of the Who theme tune. What really sucks is that I haven't even listened to it in many years - the last time I saw my blue vinyl 12" was back in the '90s just before my sister wandered off with it, so it's probably all scratched now anyway.

You mean

I never really liked that one. I did like
though.

Soooo.....interesting first episode eh?

Indeed it was, especially the unusual way it left off. Usually, a cliffhanger (and especially one in Doctor Who) will end with one or more characters in immediate peril. This time, it ends with the characters in horror. Just wait until you catch the next episode. There's a few things there that will blow your mind. I won't say anymore. *spoilers*