DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in...

WhoGuru

I think it's as simple as Sci-Fi being dumb. They more or less killed off everything they had that was any good because the got stupid about disputes. Galactica was the only thing they had that came to a proper conclusion.

Anyway, if there is no "season 4" as such, that would explain some things. But then how do you go from the end of a season 3 to 4 movies and arrive at the 11th Doctor? Unless BBC forgot to tell us they had other seasons lying around ;)

Because Dr. Who started back in the 60s (or something... I'm too young to actually know, but I've watched some of the old episodes, Tristan (ie. the actor that played Tristan in the BBC production of All Creatures Great and Small) did a pretty great job but the one before him was the BEST, other than Ecleston), then it got stopped from the 80s (again not sure the date) till 4 years ago, at which point it was the 9th doctor, Ecleston (AWESOME!) but only one season then went to Tennant... a bit lamer but still watchable and then Rose left and I stopped having CBC (which airs half of BBCs shows) so I have no idea where it went from there.

Pacific Morrowind

I admit, I loved Ecleston as the doctor, he brang a real 'hard line' personality.

;) Same here! He was brilliant! He really had the feel of the old Doctors, like Tom Baker and managed to breathe new life into the series as well. Damn I miss him.

The next one seems too young in my opinion...he looks like he only just left pubity.

Yeah he definitley looks young. I'm trying to reserve judgment until I see him in action. People said the same about Peter Davison once. :lmao: He did hold the title of youngest Doctor until this new guy and he was brilliant. :D

The new one is the best! He's so much cooler than the others!! (Mostly because someone said he looks like me, but...)

<3 Doctor Who.

The new guy reminds my of, like, the lead singer from... icky looking bands, which is a great pity.

Zaldir, you said someone said the new guy looks like you, Phoshi just said the new guy reminds him of the leaders of icky looking bands, which mean he, even though he did not say so himself, inadvertedly said that you remind him of the leaders of icky looking bands, because you look the same, is that right?, or am I just too tired this morning? :question: , yeah thats it, gonna go take a nap.

• 2 months later...

As I've just finished watching the new Doctor Who movie, The Waters of Mars, I thought I'd breath life back into this thread just to say

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME!!

:thumbup:

Ahem. I feel better now. XD and thank god Xmas is only a short time away!! :D

Edit: To add that I'm more than happy to discuss this. :wub: But let's make sure we keep it in spoilers for those who have not seen it yet, like most of America and Australia. :book: Spoiler it and you can say whatever you like. :D

I have one:

:D I mean seriously! Do you know how many times the Master has "died" in the old series and now the new? LOL Guy has more holes in him than a seive at this point but I'll hope the Xmas movie doesn't irritate me cause they resurrected him AGAIN. :D

Why oh why can NO one ever leave the Master dead!!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, a Doctor Who thread! Cool! I've been watching Doctor Who for about twenty years and I love it! I haven't seen Waters of Mars yet, but I'm looking foreward to it. It airs in the US on Dec. 19. I hope they keep Doctor Who going for many more years, but I don't know if they can (lore wise). IIRC, a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times in total and, by my calculations, The Doctor has regenerated 11 times:

William Hartnell regenerated into Patrick Troughton (1st regen)

Patrick Troughton regenerated into John Pertwee (2nd regen)

John Pertwee regenerated into Tom Baker (3rd regen)

Tom Baker regenerated into Peter Davison (4th regen)

Peter Davison regenerated into Colin Baker (5th regen)

Colin Baker regenerated into Sylvester McCoy (6th regen)

Sylvester McCoy regenerated into Paul McGann (7th regen)

At some point (probably during the Time War) Paul McGann regenerated into Christopher Eccleston (8th regen)

Christopher Eccleston regenerated into David Tennant (9th regen)

David Tennant regenerated into himself by healing himself then dispelling the excess regen energy into his severed hand (10th regen)

David Tennant will soon regenerate into Matt Smith (11th regen)

This leaves only one more regeneration for our beloved Doctor (although Tennant's first regen may not count since he didn't change, thus giving The Doctor 2 more regens).

Granted, there have been exceptions (The Master, anyone?) and, hopefully, The Doctor will be one of them (somehow).

Okay, am I a big enough Doctor Who geek yet? biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...

THe Master is back. The Time Lords are coming back. It truly is The End of Time. :yes: Watched The Water of marslast night. Just go to prove the best laid plans of man, myr and time lords can not alter times heavy hand. Also so part 1 of the End of Time, leaves many questions.

The Master is back.

Truly the greatest Who villain of all time (pardon the pun). It seems that no matter what, The Master will be around as long as The Doctor is.

The Time Lords are coming back.

My jaw spent almost five minutes on the floor after that revelation.

Also so part 1 of the End of Time, leaves many questions.

Makes me wish I had my own TARDIS, so I could travel to next week and see Part 2 sooner (from my own relative temporal perspective, that is).

I spent half of last night trying to figure out who the narrator was. :candle: I just couldn't believe it was actually the Time Lords! LOL My jaw was on the floor as well and not to metion Timothy Dalton! :yes: Has to be the President. Just has to be. We ALL need a TARDIS to get to next week. How are we supposed to wait! AHHH :dizzy:

My jaw was on the floor as well and not to mention Timothy Dalton! :pints:

I didn't think my jaw was the only one lying around at the end. laugh.gif Even the end of season 4 wasn't as exciting as this! And Timothy Dalton as a Time Lord! Priceless!

We ALL need a TARDIS to get to next week. How are we supposed to wait! AHHH :yes:

With extreme impatience. I'll probably go dizzy.gif before then just from the suspense.

It's too bad Russel T. Davies is leaving the show. sad.gif He is a master storyteller! He'll be a very tough act to follow.

New Doctor and writer, I think it'll be a real test for the show :)

I have no doubt he show will survive. The original show changed writers and directors (not to mention Doctors) often enough, and it ran for Twenty-Six years! While I am sorry to see Russell go, I do look forward to seeing what's in store for the show. :thumbup:

End Of Time Part 2

Amazing episode and very emotional,the last 20 minutes show a Timelord transformation from a different perspective,namely from the character who knows he is about to "die".I wonder how much of David Tennant`s last line as the Doctor came from the heart ?