DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in...

WhoGuru

Also enjoy the number of images of the other doctors that are coming up every few episodes..

I've been enjoying that as well.

..anyone suspecting a later episode with these cracks involing multiple doctors?

I've been hoping for something like that since Christopher Eccleston took on the role. Maybe they could bring in Paul McGann (8th Doctor). After all, we don't know how long it was before he regenerated. And just imagine Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith all on screen at once. That would be fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the second half of the two part episode with the Silurians (we're two episode behind in the states). I had to record it so I could watch it and just now got a chance to. Debris from the TARDIS in the "crack". Interesting twist. It looks like the TARDIS exploded/will explode inside the Time Vortex. And there was another (possible) reference to a past Doctor, this time a bit vague. The Doctor asks the Siluruians for some celery. That may be a reference to Peter Davison as the 5th Doctor. He actually wore a piece of celery on his suit. As David Tennant (as the 10th Doctor) said,

• 1 month later...

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the finale! :) it was hectic and sometimes confusing rather like the old Doctor Who. :) When Jon Pertwee or Tom Baker would go off on a hare leaving their companions confused in their wake. LOL That was great fun! Can't wait for Xmas now!

I found the ned of this series slightly weak in the storytelling department...

He survives being erased from history because she remembered really hard? Then suddenly he exsists again. :wub: Sorry, not buying it.

Was good to see the end of a season where neither the doctor nor a companion changes....thats new for the new series. Also good to see a male companion back in the mix....the sereis is getting back to basics again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally catching Mr Guru up on this season. :D Got him up "The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood" and he just loved it. He's a huge Jon Pertwee fan so Silurians in Doctor Who again was like early Xmas for him. ;)

At this rate I may get him caught up in time for the Xmas special. :evil: Oh and we're both giggling like loons having learned that Neil Gaiman has written an episode for next season. :pints:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally plucked up the courage to look at my rather ancient Tom Baker-signed "Who" poster. Blimey it's in a sorry state: creased, ripped, torn, dog-eared, you name it. One corner is missing altogether and it even has the "brown ring of quality" (in other words, a coffee stain, for the benefit of those who don't read Dilbert). But in spite of the edges being a mess, the main part of it is still intact, including God's own signature. I think I'll finally put it in a frame to hopefully avert further unwanted attention from the gremlins of tearing, dog-earing and coffee spills. Then once I hang it up, it'll probably precipitate the house falling down, the town catching fire, a meteorite landing on it, nuclear war, a plague and judgement day itself.

According to Airlock Alpha, the BBC has scrapped Timelord regeneration limit. I have mixed feelings about that. One the one hand, this means Matt Smith is no longer the next-to-last Doctor, so :). One the other hand, it takes away the (increasingly less distant) feel of mortality that the Doctor had about him. What really ticks me off about the "regen limit scrap" is that it's done in a spinoff show (Sarah Jane Smith Adventures), not the show itself. Worse, said spinoff doesn't even air here in the US, so we'll have to wait for the DVDs to be released here in order to see it :rofl: . Overall, I'm glad our beloved Doctor can continue on past his next regeneration. I just wish they had chosen a better way to go about the "limit scrap". Thoughts, anyone?

I figured sooner or later they'd get around to scrapping the 12 regenerations limit. :shrug: So I'm not surprised. I am a bit ticked they did something that monumental to the Doctor and DID NOT do it in Doctor Who. :) THAT is not cool. Not cool at all BBC. I'm going to have to go look it up and see how they got around it.

Mr Guru and I have actually had many debates about this one since the new series started. LOL Since, with the rest of the Time Lords gone there isn't anyone to enforce the old laws and thanks to the Master we know it was possible to go beyond 12...if you didn't mind killing someone and swiping their body. :rofl:

If they had written it into the story somwhow the doctor surviving past 12 (maybe the next regen of the doctor would be very concerned about extending his life) then it will be fine.

If they just decide to change the rules of the Doctor Who universe....well....then I'd be pissed.

• Upvote 1

Nope. they're just changing it and according to rumor, giving it one whole line of dialogue in Sarah Jane adventures to explain it. :)

Hopefully, there will be a more lengthy explanation in the actual show at some point. Something along the lines of "Well, we (Timelords) didn't want other races knowing that we were virtually immortal, so we made up a 'limit' of 12 regenerations. Since I'm the only one left, and you aren't likely to go telling the cosmos, I'm not going to pretend any more."

On a slightly tangent not, I found this on YouTube and though I would share it here:

Well, they've changed the regen limit again. It's no longer "unlimited". Instead the limit is...507! :)Linky. Funny thing is that RTD doesn't think the new limit will stick. One thing I realized is that the 12 regen limit hasn't stuck either: The Master and Rassilon have both exceeded 12 regens, so clearly the Timelords were...being less than honest about the limit in the first place. "But those were extraordinary circumstances" you say. Were they? What do we really know about Timelords except for what they, themselves, have revealed?

In other news of the Whoniverse, Sylvester McCoy has been cast as Radagast the Brown in The Hobbit, and David Tennant is rumored to be in a role as well. Linky.

Edit: More news of the Whoniverse: The 1996 movie starring Paul McGann is going to be released on DVD in the US on February 8! Finally! I haven't seen it in way too long. I just wish my TARDIS was working so I didn't have to wait for it.

Edited by The Vyper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For my fellow Whovians out there. :P So we're all familiar with the cracks in the universe introduced in this last season. :cry:

Doctor_who_wall_crack.jpg

As it turns out, the crack was not an arbitrary shape! Fans of the show, who are also Nasa geeks XD Found the real thing! Located in the Sagittarius constellation. (which happens to be my birth sign and I'm just tickled about this) :smug:

Look familiar?

Ssc2006-20a.jpg

The real life "crack" is actually a super dense dust cloud stellar nursery. Damn I love science. :dizzy:

• 4 weeks later...