DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A gun for Fallout 3?

grond

Gads, Don, details...

Exploring Gimp is more time consuming than Blender or Nifskope, because it's so subjective. But I'm getting the hang of making worn looking metal ( sorry Will ). That's what's kept me from saying 'I'm done'. But it's almost done.

JackhammerGreen.jpg

Changed the color to something like FO3 green, and tried hard to get the scratching right, tone-wise. There's still more to do, but I have the idea. As far as animation goes, I'm lost. That might come after I release it, but I'm happy with the reload animation now - I changed it so there's no pulling back of invisible bolts.

How does the new color strike you?

New colour looks fantastic! :) You've done amazing things here, I can't believe it's your first model.

If you want send me the NIF and the reload KF you're using. I may not be able to get anywhere either but I've spent a lot of time playing around inside NIFs. :clap: If I can figure it out I'll post step by step instructions (I'm assuming you'd rather have that than me just send you the file).

WT

Sorry I haven`t been in here lately.Wowee Grondo, that is very nice. Lotsa good work there. I think I can see what you mean by still having more details to attend to. This looks like the type of thing I could spend a 1/2life noodling with even after it was basically "finished".

Sorry I haven`t been in here lately.Wowee Grondo, that is very nice. Lotsa good work there. I think I can see what you mean by still having more details to attend to. This looks like the type of thing I could spend a 1/2life noodling with even after it was basically "finished".

Yep! It's a strain of OCD, and I have it. Detailing this thing has overwhelmed me.

Lookit what's taken about five hours...just the muzzle burn detail. The muzzle unwrapped into 2 pieces, and my OCD made it imperative to have the same colors at the same edges. I think I have it. But I think the muzzle still looks painted, not burnt by firing: :) :)

DetailingOCD.jpg

New colour looks fantastic! :bagged: You've done amazing things here, I can't believe it's your first model.

If you want send me the NIF and the reload KF you're using. I may not be able to get anywhere either but I've spent a lot of time playing around inside NIFs. :) If I can figure it out I'll post step by step instructions (I'm assuming you'd rather have that than me just send you the file).

WT

Thanks Windy. :)

If I can get my head together and find the files I'll shoot em your way. But for now, I'm wearing a virtual smock and squinting one eye while holding a thumb out at the easel. I'm like a painter now, but without the know-how.:clap::)

One of the reasons this thing is taking so long is because I love sleep. :wub: I won't sacrifice sleep for hardly anything. Even texturing.

But it's very close to finished:

Almostthere_02.jpg

I need to beat up the trigger area a little, but not too much, so maybe Willie will still want to use it. :blush:

1st_Person.jpg

Now it might not look like a true Pancor Jackhammer, because I used a bit of license on the sight. It's the way I wanted it to look. :pints:

Any suggestions for other wear ideas?

Thanks nott. :pints: The coolest part of this is when ingame you target a body part, the game goes into 3rd person slow mo and to see the gun I made fire at someone is rewarding beyond description. :blush::wub:

The reason I haven't 'filmed' it for your enjoyment is because it's horribly violent!

:rofl: Good luck 'reading' my chaotic UV map, sir! :smarty:XD

Spent the past couple of days trying unsuccessfully to get a new UV map to use. I have both sides of the area above the trigger mapped together, so any word will print backwards on the opposite side. XD I'd need to redo the model, I think, to get a UV map to play right. So I made a gaudy compromise:

LogoPic_01.jpg

It's the true Pancor logo. Should I try for perfect stars? I grabbed them off the interweb. How's she look? Gaudy, cheap and cheesy?

• 1 month later...

OK. After some (way too much) time away I returned, to find the thing that chased me away from it. There's a problem with the mesh, or the UV map. One spot, just under the sight, looks wrong - it reflects differently than its adjacent neighbors.

Watch

I can't fix it, and I think it would need a complete redo - new uv map, new import, etc. I might just leave it, but because it's the biggest part of the 1st person view, I really want to fix it.

Can you see what I'm talking about in the vid?

EDIT: If you can't, then

snapshot.jpg

See how the shadow along the sight appears cut, near the dark spot?

Is that a show-stopper? I think I'd complain...