DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this bit is open to some interpretation. A cozy place could be some DUNhay and hay bails on one end of the deck. Or you could use a stable there are 3 Lowerclassstable, FarmhouseStable, and AnvilStable (not 100% those are the names but those are close enough you should be able to find them) :cookie4u:

Thanks for the info. I wonder why they are under "Doors" & not "Containers" though? Oh well.

EDIT: Ok, 2 more questions:

1) How do I get my horse to rest in my stable on arrival? My stable is on the deck by the house & when I tried fast traveling, my horse wound up outside the deck in the water.

2) When I link my door to my basement, it DOES work, but how do I get it to say something like "Trap Door to basement", or "Trap Door to Bogwater House Basement", instead of just "Trap Door to" as shown below?

gallery_1559_123_19518.jpg

Edited by freewaydog

When you fast travel in and are not mounted your horse will appear somewhere within the yellow radius circle of your mapmarker. Move the marker further down the path to prevent him from landing in the water, but in my knowledge there is no way to force your horse into the stable when you are teleporting to an exterior such as you have designed here.

As for naming your cell we covered that when we created our interior cell. Simply rightclick>Edit on your basement cell in the cell view window. The name slot is on the Interior Data tab (See image 4 from Lesson #1 for an example) :blink:

When you fast travel in and are not mounted your horse will appear somewhere within the yellow radius circle of your mapmarker. Move the marker further down the path to prevent him from landing in the water, but in my knowledge there is no way to force your horse into the stable when you are teleporting to an exterior such as you have designed here.

As for naming your cell we covered that when we created our interior cell. Simply rightclick>Edit on your basement cell in the cell view window. The name slot is on the Interior Data tab (See image 4 from Lesson #1 for an example) :blink:

ok thanks.

Yay! I believe I am just about caught up w/ lesson #3 pretty much. (Let me know if I need to make any changes, ok?)

my marker TO my basement:

door2basement.jpg

my marker FROM my basement:

door2main.jpg

my fence:

fence.jpg

my front door light:

light.jpg

my new shrubs & mapmarker position:

newmapmarker.jpg

As you can see, I needed to make my platform a bit larger:

newplatform.jpg

my basement pathgrid:

pathgridbasement.jpg

my stable:

stable.jpg

my bench on the front porch:

bench.jpg

...and here it is altogether on video!

http://www.4shared.com/file/239324704/9010aea3/Oblivion_2010-03-11_17-52-21-5.html

Edited by freewaydog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My lesson 3 stuff, I'm highly surprised how nicely the hill construction went.

Basement overview Angled view showing barrels, crates some treasure cases some tapestries and a painting.

Basement entranceLadder, and lighting using static lanterns

Exterior and wallSome wall pieces with some bushes, feeding piece for the horse and hay roll for feeding. Also seen is the subtle cobblestone path leading away, bravil light posts. Hill edited a subtle slope down with some pieces more sharp to show it was worked on.

Benches and outdoor lantern

Sloped and smoothed landscape underwater. Hard to get an angle to show the land to smooth out, Made the land seem to be "built" up on the wooden platform to go with age of sediment building up.