DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright took me most of last night and 3 hours today but I am finished with the Homework, Extra Credit, and Credit Challenge!!! :D

Here are the pics!

Homework/Extra Credit:

Horse area

Bench Barrels and Lamp

Path Fence

Bridge Shrubs

Fence #1

Fence #2

Linked door

Underwater Landscaping

----------------------------------------------------------

Credit Challenge:

Trap Door to Basement

Ladder back up

Animated Door

The Basement

Clutter #1

Clutter #2

Tapastries

Lighting

Pathgrid

There we go can't wait for a response!! :D

Looks very good Shaddow. :D Your footpath leading up to the house could use a bit more landscaping, it's still quite rounded like the original hillside and a path should be more distinct, especially a cobblestone path. Take another look at the example shot of the footpath and try to lower yours a bit more to match. It helps to move the camera around from every angle, landscaping can look brilliant from one side and still be off from another. :D

Full marks for your credit challenge, creatively done, repost a pic of your path when you've tweaked it a bit more and I'll award the rest and move you forward. If you have questions let me know. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Very good Aralore, you'll want to smooth your path a bit more and use a cobblestone path texture to earn full marks for this lesson. Remember to smooth sharp points and potholes to make a well defined path. You have a very nice start already just do a bit more smoothing and paint that cobblestone on and repost the finished image. Don't be discouraged, you're on the right track. :)

Very good Aralore, you'll want to smooth your path a bit more and use a cobblestone path texture to earn full marks for this lesson. Remember to smooth sharp points and potholes to make a well defined path. You have a very nice start already just do a bit more smoothing and paint that cobblestone on and repost the finished image. Don't be discouraged, you're on the right track. :)

Hows this look?

path

Also I want to take a sec to thank you and the rest of TESA for doing these classes. I have played Oblivion for a lil while now on XBox 360 but recently got it on computer. I want to learn how to mod this game cause I got a few good ideas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All done, except for this blasted grass! I have gone over it with the same "NoGrass" version of the texture at 100% opacity many a time now, but the buggers are still there in full force in this one section. I must be missing something, but I have no idea what.

Everything else is set:

Basement Pathgrid

MapMarker

Stables, barrels, lights, and a unicorn! :lol:

Trapdoor to Basement

Basement Studio

Basement Storage

Basement Microbrew

Animated Door

Back to House

And the underwater landscaping

Grass is the modders bane, there will be times you do EVERYTHING right and it's still stuck there. It tends to bleed over from neighboring cells and you don't want to alter those cells unless you absolutely have to. So, I'd say you've done all you can about that one. :D

Everything looks great, you can head to Lesson #4 :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Front Porch

Stonewall and ferns

Cobblestone path

Underwater - an itty bitty rough...

Underwater again

Basement entrance

Basement

Basement pathgrid

There isn't much clutter on the front porch and on the basement; I'm aware of that. I know this may not sound too good but the house I'm building for now won't be used for anything; instead, I'll opt for the release on the final exam. I have been thinking about a nice cosy home for a while and the exam fits the bill.

Not bad at all Paredon! :pints: You have missed one thing from the homework that I can see:

Add some shrubs near the bridge start from WorldObjects>Tree

Now, as for the using a different mod for your release project, I can't pass judgment on that. Rider should be back Sunday night or Monday and I'll leave that discussion between the two of you. :pints: I'm just here to sub in and make sure you guys don't get stalled while he's busy. :lmao:

Get those shrubs in and post an updated screenie so I can award your points and pass you on to the next class. :wave: