DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

It doesn't need to be exact but by that image, it doesn't look like you are building in the assigned cell at all. The cell chosen for the class was selected for specific landscaping lessons. I'm afraid I can't give you points in that case because as a result, you haven't done the assigned landscaping work. You will need to build in the assigned cell to get credit. ;)

You can undo the teleport link between your interior and exterior doors, then copy/paste your exterior structures to the proper cell :unsure:

On another note, you need to post an image of your Lesson 2 pathing to get points for that assignment,

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't need to be exact but by that image, it doesn't look like you are building in the assigned cell at all. The cell chosen for the class was selected for specific landscaping lessons. I'm afraid I can't give you points in that case because as a result, you haven't done the assigned landscaping work. You will need to build in the assigned cell to get credit. :D

You can undo the teleport link between your interior and exterior doors, then copy/paste your exterior structures to the proper cell :evil:

On another note, you need to post an image of your Lesson 2 pathing to get points for that assignment,

thank you for the advice ill get right to it :wave:

I have finished Class 3 and all the extra's I believe it took me a little longer because my arthritis gets in the way sometimes which make's it difficult to make little movements and I don't know where anything is in the CS yet which can be frustrating and time comsuming :blink:. I wanted curtains but couldn't find any that would work for what I wanted, Ialso noticed that one of my "decks" is a darker color than the others and I have no idea why, it has the same info yet you can clearly see its a different color, what would cause that?

Please let me know if I have forgot to do anything.

Here is the link to the SS.

Very nicely done. The darker platform is most likely because there are actually 2 platforms there. Sometimes when we duplicate things with ctrl+D the object gets duplicated more than once. If the extra duplicate is let in the same place, you can't "see" that there are two, but the object will appear darker. Just click on it and tap delete to delete one of the duplicates. It should get lighter. If it doesn't get lighter, repeat until it does, you may have multiple extras. If the dark platform disappears with one delete, let me know. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DR! Okay I'm having way too much fun with this stuff! :). I'm almost done but I have a question before I get too crazy. Regarding the "horse area". Can we take some creative license on that as long as it's in the same cell and connected to the porch? Like this? I'm unsure since it's extra credit and didn't want to mess up if this wasn't allowed. Thanks!

Thank you! It turned out great :huh:

Okies here we go.

Underwater Landscape

^^Sheesh ... this was tough. I understood what you wanted perfectly. Making the CS behave is a totally different story.

Barrels and Benches

^^ Player friendly barrel and companion friendly benches. Static barrels with tomato plants for color and good eats!

More Barrel and crates

^^ Player friendly crates and static barrel with hoe, scythe and broom included. Located in back of house.

Fence AND Rope Guard

Lamps, Shrubs and Pathway fencing

^^Lamps on Door, by dock to platform and all the way down by the marker where you enter if you fast travel. Also two of the three extra credits. Shrubs and Pathway fencing.

Cozy Horse Place!

^^The most fun :D Corn patch in static planter for treats. Haystacks, water trough and nice cover for rainy days. Completely Fenced. (Wish there was straw I could toss about on the stable floor, though.)

Challenge Assignemnt.

Trap Door

Required Ladder

Basement 1

Basement 2

Pathgrid For Basement

^^This was hard for me :no:. I could not think of a use for a basement LOL! So I ended up adding player friendly crates, chests and a cupboard, then filled the rest with what I figured would be left over from building the house like planks, wagon, tools LOL

Enjoyed this one DarkRider. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Very good work Hawke, full marks as always! You may move ahead when ready! :wallbash:

As for grass, you need to figure out which texture is adding the 3D grass, and then you need to paint over it by hand with a NoGrass version set to 100% opacity. Use this post to show you how to see which textures are at play in that cell:

Once you know, there should be a second version of that texture in the landscape editor that will have the suffix NoGrass in it's name just paint over that area with the No Grass texture to get rid of it. You can use any NoGrass texture if you want as well. It may take a bit of painting to nix all the grass, grass is the bane of modders :wave:

Very nice Hawk! Full marks but a couple notes, you'll want to tamp down the lighting in there but that will be covered in Lesson #4. Also, in an interior it's usually better to use the non smoke versions of fire so you don't see smoke billowing endlessly against the ceiling in an unnatural way. :D

Looking forward to what you come up with for your Final Exam. ;)

Much better on the lighting. With the grass make sure it's a NoGrass texture. If the quad is full, remove any texture from the bottom of the list to paint with the no grass texture, otherwise your primary texture will populate more and cause more grass to appear. ;)