DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #3 Homework Submissions

darkstone

hey im trying to build the underground basement right now, after a long hiatus, and am having trouble with the placement of the underground pieces. the the room with the ladder to the wall on the other side of the basement is all aligned, but when i try to connect the underground Lways it doesnt lock up correctly even when i have snap to grid on. any ideas?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you make sure to set your first piece to the 0 point?

You want to make sure you are putting the pieces together in the right order as well, some pieces are not meant to link to others, so they won't line up (see image)

finalbasement.jpg

Another possibility is that you dragged the piece into the render window and moved it a bit before turning on your Snap to Grid, this is common and sometimes misaligns that piece from the grid, if that's the case you just have to delete that piece and drag a new one into the render window with Snap to Grid already activated. Let me know if you are still having trouble. ;)

Very nice bear full marks! :D

My only recommendation would be to lower your fence until the bottom rung of the fence almost rests on the platform. You don't want wide gaps under fencing. No need to repost any adjustments, you may move on to Lesson #4 :clap:

DR, I finished Lesson #3. :) Real life got in the way for a few days. :) Let me know if you need more screenies.

Notes: Stone walls on uneven ground is a pain. Hence why I went with the broken wall. The common light bulb objects are a pain. If you want to move the lantern after adding the light, you need to remove the light otherwise it gets in the way. Next time I will flatten the underwater landscape before I place the platform. And I will line up the platform edge on the X,Y,Z axis better.

Edited by speedyg869

Notes: Stone walls on uneven ground is a pain. Hence why I went with the broken wall. The common light bulb objects are a pain. If you want to move the lantern after adding the light, you need to remove the light otherwise it gets in the way. Next time I will flatten the underwater landscape before I place the platform. And I will line up the platform edge on the X,Y,Z axis better.

Thanks! I'm not sure which route I will choose. Also, I wanted to make sure you saw me notes (edits) on L3. Edited by speedyg869

You don't need to move light objects out of the way, just tap the M key to make all markers invisible. Landscape in nature isn't flat, so you don't want to create perfectly flat surface to build on, it's better to raise what terrain you need. And practice makes perfect for lining things up. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey DR, pretty sure I got the Homework and the Extra credit down, but have not (yet) done the challange as It seems to me I've allready learnt everything I can from doing it. I shall find out in the exam eh :P

Shrubs, Barrles, Bench and Lantern

Lantern is kinda hard to see, its to the right of the door.

Horse "Stable"

Had minor difficulty here, couldn't find any stable peices that wern't too big :/ Put some hey and crates so it did not look bland and unattended.

Path, with fence.

landscaping.

I know this wasn't part of the homework but eveyrone else seemed to be putting it up...

Hope thats all :grr:

EDIT: to fix links

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Nevyn, need to see some shots of your exterior pathing before I can pass you. :grr:

What you've done so far is great, and for your links, just use the enter key to scoot down a line before posting the next link. I've done this in your post if you want to edit it and see how it should look. :P

pathing

Entrance

Basement 1

Basement 2

Really enjoyed this ! After I realized it was scrunched together one grid in all the way around !

Have a question about the name of upstairs... Outside door says High Weald Gardener Cottage like i want, but sometimes I see aaNTGTutorialHouse Int. How do i remove that, and will it un-link my door and trapdoor ?

Learning a huge amount here - very pleased to be a part of this !

Looks great! Full marks. :wub:

The name the door shows in game (as in Door to Basement) is the cell name. Just like in Lesson #1 Right click>Edit on your cell and on the Interior Data tab, you'll find the place to name your basement cell so that name will appear in game. :D