DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

You Know You've Been Playing Oblivion Too Much When.....

RedDragonDreamer

True Story.

I play as daedra only and several times I have almost called people I know mortals instead of their names. I've gotton snarly at my mister 4, and man, even called him a swit while waiting for the bus to town once when he was being naughty.

I also tending to yell Break and Fall and Kneel Churl and even DIEEEeeeeee when he's naughty. It's not a angry thing though and he loves it, laughs like anything and even I have to smile. He loves playing Oblivion and Fallout 3.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XD There was an almost identical topic on the Bethesda forums a few days ago:

You've been modding Oblivion for too long when...

When you start to refer to real life photos as screenshots.

When you start to wonder what the alchemical effects of a real-life plant are.

When you wish you could use fast travel instead of sitting in traffic.

When you start to call the city police guards.

When you wish you had a restore fatigue potion on a hard day.

When you wonder what you would do if you could cast spells at everyone.

When you start to call annoying pest "Adoring Fans".

When you look up at the sky and are surprised to find only one moon.

You Know You've Been Playing Oblivion Too Much When.....

You can identify more plants in game than you can IRL.

You know more about the politics of Tamriel than your own country.

You know more about the history of Tamriel than your own country.

You can give detailed directions from Leyawiin to Bruma but can't give directions to your own house starting from more than a mile away.

You start calling that sword sitting on your mantle an Akaviri Katana.

You open your front door to go outside and are surprised that you don't see a loading screen.

You go outside and think "Whoa! Great graphics!"

You hear a strange noise and think "Uh-oh, it's a (insert creature name here) and I don't have a useful weapon or spell! I'm doomed!"

You consider doing something risky or stupid and think "Well, I'll just reload an earlier save if it goes badly."

You say "By the Nine" when you get exasperated.

You tap your destination on your GPS in order to "fast travel" to it.

You think you can outrun a deer or horse on foot (although this could also be due to the use of...certain substances :D )

You think you can swim while wearing a full set of armor and carrying 200 pounds of stuff.

You try to cast a "Light" spell when the power goes out.

You hear someone moving in the dark and try to cast "Detect Life" to see where they are.

You have a collection of swords IRL that rivals what you collect in game (I have 37 swords IRL. I even designed one and had it custom made.)

You start comparing things you see IRL to things you see in game. "That pug looks a lot like an Orc."

You start comparing people you know to NPCs in game. "Sean reminds me of Ida Vlinorman. Always climbing things."

You can give detailed directions from Leyawiin to Bruma but can't give directions to your own house starting from more than a mile away.

You start comparing things you see IRL to things you see in game. "That pug looks a lot like an Orc."

You start comparing people you know to NPCs in game. "Sean reminds me of Ida Vlinorman. Always climbing things."

:D SO guilty of those. Oh yes. :pints:

You can identify more plants in game than you can IRL.

You go outside and think "Whoa! Great graphics!"

You consider doing something risky or stupid and think "Well, I'll just reload an earlier save if it goes badly."

Guilty!!! :pints: Get out of my mind.

After playing oblivion for too long in one sitting I begin to think things like that :D

• 4 months later...

When you know an in-game spell appropriate for every RL situation

When you spend a moment wondering where youre compass has gone

When you find yourself thinking "ah screw it, I'll .coc there" or, "damn, what was the console code for cookies..."

When you find yourself wondering about the mercantile skill of the guy behind the counter

When you see someone or something that looks totally out of place, and wonder what mod is causing it