DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

You Know You've Been Playing Oblivion Too Much When.....

RedDragonDreamer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You tap your destination on your GPS in order to "fast travel" to it.

I just spilled my espresso in my lap because of a giggle fit that triggered. That is absolutely classic!

I have a real one -- when things you've seen or know about in the game make their way into your dreams, and it's game-like and not realistic ... i.e. like last night in a dream I saw a mispositioned tile artifact and thought to myself "That would be fairly easy to fix in the CS", or in another dream awhile back I was exploring a certain ruin for the first time (in the dream -- I've been there lots in-game) and paused right before reaching a tripwire that I know IRL is there, but couldn't have known that as my dream-self, and looked around for it so I could step over it in the darkness, rather than walk through it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you get cranky that you can't quicksave before trying something risky.

When you mentally ~disable people you don't like.

When it's been too long since you've spent quality time outside, and you look at a REAL tree, and you think, "[insert diety of choice here] really does make the best normal maps."

When you browse through a furniture store online, and realize the tapestry you're looking at is one used in Oblivion stock. No, really, that's the one.

When you actually get cravings for the food items you see in-game while playing.

When the print is actually starting to wear off your tilde key.

When your Windows Explorer shortcut opens directly to your Data folder.

When that particular shade of fuchsia puts you in a state of alarm for a split second anywhere you see it, until you remember that Real Life isn't prone to having missing textures.

When you consider leaving your house for three days in hopes it will tidy itself. :lol:

Similar to this thread: You've been modding Oblivion for too long when... Some real gems in there. XD

Hello Arm! Welcome to TESA! Put up a post in the Introductions forum and you'll be sure to get a bunch of welcome cookies! :cookie:

Back on topic...

You Know You've Been Playing Oblivion Too Much When..... you day job starts getting in the way of your real life in Tamriel.

:rofl: some great one here... truly.

You know you've been playing Oblivion too much when...

- you stand in front of a closed door for a moment, drawing a blank as to how you "activate" it

- you wonder which mod Lady Gaga's wardrobe comes from

- you are quite certain that the guys at CERN/NASA etc. must have OBSE for that...

- you're not sure if you have the hard drive space to download "summer holiday.esp"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You Know You've Been Playing Oblivion Too Much When...

...you start saying "fortify intelligence hood" instead of "thinking cap".

...you exit a body of water and wonder why you're still wet.

...you don't see the point in carrying an umbrella because rain doesn't get you wet. It doesn't, right?

...you ask a store employee "how man septims does that cost?"

...you don't let anyone into your home unless the know the color of night.

...the following has actually occurred:

High school kid selling magazines for school: *knocks on door*

Me: *opens door just slightly*

Me: "What is the color of night?"

High school kid: "Sanguine, my brother."

Me: *buys three magazine subscriptions*

High school kid selling magazines for school: *knocks on door*

Me: *opens door just slightly*

Me: "What is the color of night?"

High school kid: "Sanguine, my brother."

Me: *buys three magazine subscriptions*

:rofl: that's the best buying and selling policy I've ever heard!