DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

InsanitySorrow

That said I really liked cruising my unicorn in full arch mages robes just to bad I couldn`t be casting fire and ice while doing it. :P

Listening to something from Dio or Black Sabbath? That would be a nice thing to do :P.

But really, horses look much better and, hopefully, not all will look like the one shown on the video. I don't want to see just different textures; I want to see different models.

The other thing I liked was the whole friendly creatures, especially the giants. I can already picture interesting conversations with them (and let's hope not all in the same voice...)

Also, check this out; huge Alduin's Wall in the Bethesda booth.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, a lot of people are concerned, it seems, that greaves have been removed from the game, and merged with cuirasses. There was an 8-page thread about this on the OF last night (which I can dig up a link for if anyone really cares to read it :lmao: ). This is based mainly on what the new videos show of the inventory screen: Todd (or whoever was playing the game for that demo) had "elven armor" and "iron armor" in his inventory. The 3d view of the "elven armor" only showed a cuirass, but the robes also only showed the top half. There was no evidence of any greaves in the inventory (that we saw) yet the character is clearly wearing some. Hardly concrete evidence, but cause for concern for some, it seems.

Pete Hines said on Twitter a while back that armor would be comprised of separate pieces, but didn't mention specifics. Remember in vanilla Oblivion how some outfits take up both legs and chest slots, such as the upperclass stuff? That's what I'm expecting the armor will be like. Maybe we'll still have the slots to do things with, but the vanilla armor will need editing.

By the way, anyone else already dislike their concept of a Clairvoyance spell that shows you the way through dungeons for you? Argh, the questmarkers were enough! Don't make our labyrinths totally pointless!

Pete Hines said on Twitter a while back that armor would be comprised of separate pieces, but didn't mention specifics. Remember in vanilla Oblivion how some outfits take up both legs and chest slots, such as the upperclass stuff? That's what I'm expecting the armor will be like. Maybe we'll still have the slots to do things with, but the vanilla armor will need editing.

That does sound the most likely to me. The question asked of him on Twitter was something along the lines of "will armor be separated into separate parts like boots, cuirass, gauntlets, greaves and helmets or will it all be one item?" His response was simply that armour would be separate pieces, it seems kinda like he was avoiding saying that that list was correct. It doesn't really bother me that much, it's kind of a shame, but no deal-breaker. I would also find a little surprising though. I mean, you've seen the amount of bandits in Oblivion who had the old, light cuirass, light boots and lower class pants/skirt combo.

By the way, anyone else already dislike their concept of a Clairvoyance spell that shows you the way through dungeons for you? Argh, the questmarkers were enough! Don't make our labyrinths totally pointless!

Perhaps they're removing the quest markers, and replacing them with a more immersive handholding system? I mean, it seems a little pointless having both (although I suppose the linear quest markers didn't guide you through dungeons that well). If they have markers and the spell, then i would dislike that (although you could just choose not to use the spell). On the other hand, if the spell is a replacement for the quest markers, I would be in favour :yes:

I really couldn't see them NOT separating armor/clothing pieces. We have it now in Ob, why take it away?

Personally, I loved seeing the Clairvoyance spell. I'd rather not spend my Skyrim experience lost in dungeon mazes. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Mounted combat would be great. Two things that put me off horses in OB was that A. They drew every predator for miles around...and B. I had to dismount to defend us and during that process usually lost the horse since the attack went on while I was being transported from mounted to standing(usually facing the wrong way)...That said I really liked cruising my unicorn in full arch mages robes just to bad I couldn`t be casting fire and ice while doing it. :P

In an interview with Todd Howard he did say no mounted combat because it would unbalance the gameplay. I believe it was the Aussiegamer interview. I'll try to find it.

In an interview with Todd Howard he did say no mounted combat because it would unbalance the gameplay. I believe it was the Aussiegamer interview. I'll try to find it.

I think I heard something along those lines too. I can kind of understand that actually, I mean if you could kill stuff just as well from horseback, when would you ever dismount? :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

I just received confirmation from Amazon that they will be making "Release Day Delivery" of Skyrim.

This is a notification to all who pre-ordered. It means that Bethesda have given them a rock-solid delivery date. It is highly unlikely that the game will be delayed.

It also means no waiting in line. Anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon will have the game on their doorstep on Friday, 11-11-11.

• 3 weeks later...