DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Reclaiming Sancre Tor: Support

DarkRider

Icecold, I am totally stuck in the Fallen Hero's

Crypt. (In Sacre Tor, with key from grand master, after getting 'four' stones, yada yada.) Tomb has some brazier lights, the tombs of four fallen septums (4 stones put here?) no. And main tomb at deepest part of room, with 4 panels on walls, two on each side. Each panel shows something different - very vague, probably correspond to fore elemental stones... fire is easy - red swath. green = earth? swirly blue blur is air? What to do, no activators? Dakrrider likes delays in scripts... should I just wait around in crypt of fallen heroes? If a wait is necessary, how about a hint, like a 'meditation mat' being placed in the tomb? Anyway, I can find no activators, nor anyplace to put the stones ti open the dragon gate Oracle says is there. What do I do?

Thanks for considering pointing me in right direction.

Oh, to do a spoiler hide box, place a " [spoilerX] " at place where you want text to be hidden. Don't type the big 'X" that was there just to keep the program from making it a real spoiler command and hide it so you can;t see it. When you get to the place you want to end the hidden text, type a " [/spoilerX] " Again leave the big 'X" out. Just 'spoiler' inside the [ and the ] , and at end, '/spoiler' inside the two [ ] .

You need to

open the wall panels and place the stones on the pedestals in the order you received them Water, Earth, Wind, Fire. Then the gate will open. You need to collect all 4 stones before you can enter it.

Thanks DR, pray tell, how do I open the

wall panels?

Thanks...

Edited by Elanaahova

Found a text issue in one of the quests:

RST version: 1.0.3

Quest: Spies Like Us - The Horse Seller

Issue: After collecting all of the items on the horse seller's list, I received a quest update saying I should return to the Floating Flask. That particular establishment is actually called the Foaming Flask in game.

I laughed when I read the quest update. I figured 'someone' had been into the drinks a little too much when they wrote the quest update ... and forgot which bar was intended.

The Isle of Half Light, Ghost at Coast Guard Station:

I talked to Yume when she suddenly proceeded to real spoken speech but without subtitles! As English is not my native language I had difficulties to understand her. After I played the sequence through several times I think I understood as much as that there is a ghost at the Coast Guard Station who will show me the way to the Black Flag with his lantern. I had to take down notes of the further informations she gave me and finally understood that I had only to look for a lantern not a ghost.

Well I finally found the lamp and activated it at night-time. A walking lamp appeared but obviously cannot find it’s way. It starts to „walk“ and immediately drops into the water between the boats there it remains hovering. I re-played this at least 10 times – no progress.

I spent a long time now with this small part of the quest, can someone help me please?

Oblivion2011-10-2417-07-45-08.jpg

OK, I got the quest to start but, then Steffan did the exact same thing as he did in this user's screenshot. (Except I didn't have the magic effect)

Naturally, I use BOSS and Wrye Bash.

HOWEVER, for some time I have been using the MQS Complete mod, where you sneak into the cellars of the Tiber Septim and activate a crystal, that enables you to bypass the Main Quest and yet still get the Imperial Dragon Armor.

I must therefore conclude that this mod

MQS Done

Conflicts with RTS. I suspect that if I try with a brand new character who has not activated the crystal and complete the Main Quest in the normal way, the result should be different.

OK, I got the quest to start but, then Steffan did the exact same thing as he did in this user's screenshot. (Except I didn't have the magic effect)

HOWEVER, for some time I have been using the MQS Complete mod, where you sneak into the cellars of the Tiber Septim and activate a crystal, that enables you to bypass the Main Quest and yet still get the Imperial Dragon Armor.

MQS Done

Conflicts with RTS. I suspect that if I try with a brand new character who has not activated the crystal and complete the Main Quest in the normal way, the result should be different.

MQSdone does not conflict with RTS. I have used it several times with no problem. If there is a conflict it would have to be another mod.

A few random things I ran into:

- I keep having an issue next to Smythe manor where two grandmasters constantly walk into each other. Seems like there could maybe be another row of pathgrids there to avoid the problem.

- Are Roari and Thierry supposed to just stand there, all day and all night, forever? I walked into the council hall at 2am at one point, and there they were, just standing there. Must be hell on the joints.

- The wiki for the Wind Warrior quest implies that the chimes should help you pinpoint the locations of the orbs, but they're exactly the same volume throughout any given city. Is that actually by design?

- If I could request a look into the crate physics for the light crates. They were almost totally unmovable for me, and every single attempt I made in Bravil resulted in a box tumbling into a canal. Ultimately got frustrated and used TCL.

- Are the various balconies subspaced and set up correctly? I caught a bunch of people in the Long Candle who were trying to get outside, but they were trying to do so via the upstairs door to the balcony, and were failing miserably. Just walked into the door for ages.

- It would really be awfully helpful if somebody map markered Lipsand Tarn for me. "Northwest" is disenginuously vague, really.

- I keep having an issue next to Smythe manor where two grandmasters constantly walk into each other. Seems like there could maybe be another row of pathgrids there to avoid the problem.

- Are Roari and Thierry supposed to just stand there, all day and all night, forever? I walked into the council hall at 2am at one point, and there they were, just standing there. Must be hell on the joints.

These are the type of Grandmaster AI bugs that are already on the tracker to be fixed in v1.0.4

- The wiki for the Wind Warrior quest implies that the chimes should help you pinpoint the locations of the orbs, but they're exactly the same volume throughout any given city. Is that actually by design?

Nope, just a sound FX that doesn't work like it should.

- If I could request a look into the crate physics for the light crates. They were almost totally unmovable for me, and every single attempt I made in Bravil resulted in a box tumbling into a canal. Ultimately got frustrated and used TCL.

These were tested extensively and I've done it many times, or wouldn't have released them like that. It just takes some playing with it, and some patience.

- Are the various balconies subspaced and set up correctly? I caught a bunch of people in the Long Candle who were trying to get outside, but they were trying to do so via the upstairs door to the balcony, and were failing miserably. Just walked into the door for ages.

Yes they are.

- It would really be awfully helpful if somebody map markered Lipsand Tarn for me. "Northwest" is disenginuously vague, really.

If you go out the Northgate and follow the road west it takes you right there. :shrug:

Spoiler tags are fun!

Re: most, fair enough. I hate Oblivion's sound system so very much.

Re: balcony subspaces, yeah, I checked myself, they are (was just a guess). Something is up though, since 3-4 people were trying to walk into the door repeatedly.

Re: Lipsand Tarn, you'd think, but somehow I ended up at Hermaeus Mora's shrine. :shrug:

Really did try with the crates, but I couldn't get any behavior out of them at all other than jerkily falling into the water. Go figure. Ah well.

Spoiler tags are fun!

Re: most, fair enough. I hate Oblivion's sound system so very much.

Re: balcony subspaces, yeah, I checked myself, they are (was just a guess). Something is up though, since 3-4 people were trying to walk into the door repeatedly.

Re: Lipsand Tarn, you'd think, but somehow I ended up at Hermaeus Mora's shrine. :shrug:

Really did try with the crates, but I couldn't get any behavior out of them at all other than jerkily falling into the water. Go figure. Ah well.

To find Lipsand Tarn, follow the path toward Cloud Top. When you get to the part where there are ruined towers on each side of the path, in stead of gong through them, follow the path to the right. You will cross at least one bridge. Watch for a forking to the left, when you reach that, follow it and Lipsand Tarn will be a short distance from that.

I had the same issue with those crates in Bravil.

Good afternoon.

I have a minor bug, yet a very annoying one :

In Homer's house, I can't find his sketchbook. I checked all the cabin, and yet this book is nowhere. This prevents me from getting out, or even from continung the quest.

Maybe this bug comes from the fact that I got out of the cabin before seeking the book. Actually, I thought that the impossibility of exiting Homer's cabin was a bug, so I put in front of it a midas mark, and the I got out using it. After I was wandering why Bruin wasn't talking about the quest, so I consulted the wiki, and when I got back in the cabin, the sketchbook was not there.

Do these two facts have something to do with each other ? And more important, is there a way for me to continue the quest without having to load a previous save (that unfortunately is before the beginning of the water warrior) ?

Good afternoon.

I have a minor bug, yet a very annoying one :

In Homer's house, I can't find his sketchbook. I checked all the cabin, and yet this book is nowhere. This prevents me from getting out, or even from continung the quest.

Maybe this bug comes from the fact that I got out of the cabin before seeking the book. Actually, I thought that the impossibility of exiting Homer's cabin was a bug, so I put in front of it a midas mark, and the I got out using it. After I was wandering why Bruin wasn't talking about the quest, so I consulted the wiki, and when I got back in the cabin, the sketchbook was not there.

Do these two facts have something to do with each other ? And more important, is there a way for me to continue the quest without having to load a previous save (that unfortunately is before the beginning of the water warrior) ?

The sketch book is supposed to be under the shelving unit in the corner on the floor. I had trouble finding it my first time through I don't know how teleporting out would affect that. The door should open on it's own after you get the note from Homer's inventory and the sketch book.

MQS Done

I used MQS mod and it worked fine for me. Yout glitch is, perhaps, related to another mod's actions. (I have not done the vanilla MQ in years... gets really tedious after a few runs thru with different char types an different mods (ooo). When RST came along, and required the vanilla MQ to be done ... I almost cried, then saw the main quest completer. Was great. They have a link, in the RST readme to someone's saved game, MQ completed, char never leveled up.. havn't tried it. Just might be what you need?

Several bugs, glitches, etc. including one that stops

training your apprentice

quest.

Upon completing the RCT main quest:

Following NPCs "I HAVE NO GREETING"

1 - Jinna Foss (in player blade-master residence, after choosing her as apprentice... stops quest cold);

2 - Yuri, in library (lady who helped do research earlier... btw excellent cut scene);

3 -BM Drevyn (spelling) in Blades Court right after being promoted to blade master, other BM was fine;

and (?) glitches

4 - open portcullis sticks up into walkway above - in blade/sancre tor hub (forget name - where statues of four blades is) is tunnel down below walkways. Has to portcullis. One can be picked (hard) and when raised, stick up into walkway above (from here you may close it again).

STUCK HERE I AM:

a) End of short tunnel is black stone wall. Nothing moves it. Its very different - must mean something?

b) Other portcullis needs a key... where begin search for key?

c) new apprentice has no greeting - how proceed? Ignore apprentice in my new quarters, and try and rescue kids from sunken city?

Edited by Elanaahova

Those are all issues on the Bug Tracker for the next version. :)

bug tracker? Oh, yes, forgot that. Sorry for misplaced post.

May I ask about this quest?

sunken city quest, get water stone, leave, 'feel bad leaving children there." Even when main quest is done, this quest remains 'incomplete.' IS this glitch? Or is there a way to get the kids out of sunken city? And if so, a tip please to point in right direction.

Edited by Elanaahova