DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oubliette Chat Thread - SPOILERS INSIDE

WhoGuru

Your Impression of the Oubliette!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of TESA's first Challenge?

• OMG fun fun fun in the oh so missing sun.
    • I died. Over and over you evil modders you!
    • There was an Oubliette?
    • I just came for the cheese.
    • Could have been better but not much.

I don`t think thats it Shen. There`s no spikes just some dead skels and a dead zomby or two. I`m just at the start inside VIII.

At the start? Is that the Halls of Namira cell?

You have to find the trap door in the floor that goes down to some overturned beds. There is a key on one of the beds, so dont blast any fireballs or anything in here or you may loose it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are in Namira's Halls then? In the room where Namira's Statue is on the pedestal, there's a balcony and on that balcony is a trap door, the key is in that hidden room lying on a bed.

Heheh no not invisible Rider, I hit the reply button under Shens post and missed yours. I searched all those beds, the floor all around,jumped on all the beds to look up on the ledges. I`ve seen that keys tend to rez out on my screen. I had to restart this level 3 times after I knew wht to look for before the key became visible or either the cursor would activate on it. Thank you though at least now I know where it should be.

Did you search the body of the "final boss"?

No I will tell the truth, I just wanted to get the scamp out of there so I grabed what I could . And ran for it. :) His chopping instrument went flying so I got it. Checked the area then ran off as quickly as I could get my tired legs to go. I might have a save no to far away from it though.

I love that screenie! :woot: I had a girlie eek moment when I crossed that bridge and those things started falling! :rofl: And then I accidentally stepped backward off the stupid bluff, hit the water and........died. :) LOL Gotta love it! Death by Scenery! It rules! :rofl:

Here's a few scenics, the only ones I thought to grab while playing the first time. :lmao: Going to play through a second and grab a bunch more. But these are nice and creepy. :P

ScreenShot491.jpg

ScreenShot492.jpg

ScreenShot493.jpg

This was one wonderfully fun and creepy romp. I enjoyed it immensely and I thought each level was spectacular, not knowing quite what to expect kept me on my toes throughout. The way the levels were all tied in together was a fantastic feat all unto itself and the layout greatly facilitated the buildup of tension to the final crescendo, the final boss. The story of the Oubliette enhanced everything to take it all beyond just another dungeon romp, into the realm of must.play.it.again.!

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who competed and contributed!

Who, I loved that maze, I had to fall back on my standard maze nav technique and always turn the same direction right(always right) left (always left). FAIL...so finally, jumping up I could just glimps tiny views of the other side and was able to find my way. Totally deviously laid out.

Going into door IX now.

NoMEnext.jpg

Lovely :) So far I think IV, it made goes like this."Talking to himself". "come on, come on, you have been through worse(fear) come on, come on, you can do this" scary as hell :rofl:

Now over to my problem, VI(6) I have gone through teh hall of terror and got myself burned, I´m now in the cell, can someone please tell me how to get out of there? I would forever be grateful :lmao:

Yugi

Well, you can't break the door open unless you have a high strength. Can't pry it open because your fingers are too big and meaty to fit through the lock. And you can't use a lockpick because all your possessions were smelted into a gooey mess. Yuck.

So...your best bet, without cheating, is to bash it open and hope you have a high enough strength number. If not, well....

coughunlockconsolecommandcough

Or is there a lockpick lying around somewhere? :)

Well, you can't break the door open unless you have a high strength. Can't pry it open because your fingers are too big and meaty to fit through the lock. And you can't use a lockpick because all your possessions were smelted into a gooey mess. Yuck.

So...your best bet, without cheating, is to bash it open and hope you have a high enough strength number. If not, well....

that´s exactly my thoughts :lmao: , will try again late :rofl:

yugi

Aaand stuck again. Behind door IX I got all the way to the outside arena area and the map says there should be a trapdoor back into the resting room but no door. There`s a key I guess I`m missing again. I back tracked and researched everything, no luck.Any clues?

Outside in the Arena area there is a Lich who appears in the stands. Have you seen him and killed him?

On the leg of the table is a knife to pry the door.

Yup, both of them, with about fifty arrows. Never foun a way up there though.

That was the one place that gave me difficulties a couple of times. Do you have a save from before that area you can reload? I found that:

I had to be standing on the grate when I killed the Lich. When it works flawlessly you should be teleported from the area. Try standing on the "door" symbol and killing the lich from there. Only with long ranged weapons.

I never found a way up there either.

That was the one place that gave me difficulties a couple of times. Do you have a save from before that area you can reload? I found that:

I had to be standing on the grate when I killed the Lich. When it works flawlessly you should be teleported from the area. Try standing on the "door" symbol and killing the lich from there. Only with long ranged weapons.

I never found a way up there either.

Kinda would`ve been nice to have a clue in game for this eh? I kinda thought when ya mentioned the bad guy he had to be removed in a particular way. Thank you. I`m off to frust...I mean fun land.

I had a bit of a problem with that part as well. LOL Killed everything but nothing happened. LOL I was standing in the entry sniping the Lich. :lmao: Screwed myself. Thankfully a short time later I died and had to reload and it worked the second time around.

I think the mod somewhat broke on me:

I've just cleared the level with the blood pump machine, I got an "exit key" from a flaming skeleton, and when I'm back in the oubliette, I can't do anything. I tried shooting at the "deactivated odd switch" (the welkin stone-like switch) but nothing seems to work. I'm pretty sure I'm not far from the end, which sucks

:lmao:

Any thoughts on that?

I did not cheat nor used any console command through the entire mod so far.

Unbelivable,I stumbled onto the way back to the outside arena,stood my ground on the circular grating killing the multitude of zombies and taking the occasional shot at the litch on the balcony. My health was low and when I tabbed into my equip. menu to potion up...I transported into the resting room. :D I need to level up but if I do the creatures also level and I`ll be at the bottom of the scale.Translate that to "easy to kill for a leveled creature. So on to Door X.This almost isn`t fun anymore, more a personal quest to finish...naw, it`s still fun. :lmao: