DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oubliette Chat Thread - SPOILERS INSIDE

WhoGuru

Your Impression of the Oubliette!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of TESA's first Challenge?

• OMG fun fun fun in the oh so missing sun.
    • I died. Over and over you evil modders you!
    • There was an Oubliette?
    • I just came for the cheese.
    • Could have been better but not much.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everybody!

some of you people I ve seen at the official forums and it is certainly nice to meet you all here!

Got a question because I got stuck after the completion of level XII:

I got the exit key from the skull mage and got out of the dungeon into the main interior part of the fort but I got no clue how to continue from there. I tried activating a welkynd switch with no results and I did not find any key or space to jump so I cannot proceed.

A hint pls

warm regards to everybody and congrats to all you people who contributed in this mod :D

I hope I do this right and that it helps.

You need to jump aout unto the two cage in front of you. When you are on the seconad cage shoot the welkynd swith with a bow. Then go back to where you started. The metal grate that was on your right should now be up and you can walk to the next door.

I hope I do this right and that it helps.

You need to jump aout unto the two cage in front of you. When you are on the seconad cage shoot the welkynd swith with a bow. Then go back to where you started. The metal grate that was on your right should now be up and you can walk to the next door.

thanks nottlong but are we talking about the same level?

I do not see any cages after exiting level XII

Just before the bridge that collapses, in the room with the statue of Vaermina.

There is a corner, and directly before that corner, on the right wall is a chest sort-of buried at waist level. There is a key either on the wall or it fell to the floor here. If you cant find it, you may have knocked it somewhere. Or you could have blasted it somewhere with magic.

Just before the bridge that collapses, in the room with the statue of Vaermina.

There is a corner, and directly before that corner, on the right wall is a chest sort-of buried at waist level. There is a key either on the wall or it fell to the floor here. If you cant find it, you may have knocked it somewhere. Or you could have blasted it somewhere with magic.

Thank you for replying, but coud'nt wait till you answer so i went in cs to check it out ! But Thanks !

Guys this Oubliette adventure is a master piece...

there is only a few lil thing that i've notice,that i think is wrong...(i might be wrong by saying this)

Dont read if you havent completed the quest !

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

- is that volunter that the sword you gain from the "Death" is never to be recharge ?

- in the Bloody Red Aylied ruin a few chest are flotting as well as some blood splatter...

- in the place where i got stuck see above (there's a few rock that need to be place more IN the ground so you dont see trough from the other side

- could have appreciated to be able to use the Green Ebony armor (and not only the shield) make one leveled if this was the reason...

Beside this minor details... EXELLENT WORK GUYS !-)

Do you see a place where there is no rail. You will only see the tops and chains holding them up.

thanks again nottlong but I do not think we talk about the same level.

I have exited the Ghostly Chambers (level XII) but I am stuck at the Oubliette cause there is no obvious jumping point (spaces with no rails), the visible welkynd stones do not activate when I shoot at them and my way is blocked by iron gates that do not move.

any hints pls?

thanks again nottlong but I do not think we talk about the same level.

I have exited the Ghostly Chambers (level XII) but I am stuck at the Oubliette cause there is no obvious jumping point (spaces with no rails), the visible welkynd stones do not activate when I shoot at them and my way is blocked by iron gates that do not move.

any hints pls?

First let me apoligize i thought you where talking about a different level, my mistake. Are you at the bottom of the Oubilette? Or are you stuck here My link

First let me apoligize i thought you where talking about a different level, my mistake. Are you at the bottom of the Oubilette? Or are you stuck here My link

That's the level nottlong, I went through the opening between the two thrones and used the exit key I found on a skull mage to get out of the Ghostly chambers. The exit though was not at the bottom of teh Oubliette. It was on the 1st or 2nd floor (don't remember exactly) and I am stuck there. There is no place to jump, one visible welkynd stone will not activate when I shoot at it and there is no key or anything that would allow me to proceed.

PS

no need to apologise mate, you are the only one who has been so helpful from the start, I really appreciate it.

thanks again

If you are where I think you are walk towar you right from the door.

No tricks on this one. Follow the walk ay around and you should come to a point where it turns left. Keep going should have a little fight. When you get to the end should be a door with the number XIII on it.

You are right, that is where I am. I have a minor problem though:

in order to reach door XIII I have to go through an iron cage door that blocks my way. How should I activate that door so that it opens?

There is a welkynd switch to be activated just to the left of the gate across the railing.

I suspected it should work like that DarkRider.

problem is that no matter how many arrows I shot at it, the welkynd would not activate. Maybe the reason was that I updated the mod while I was in the dungeon (though I teleported to an empty cell before the update -Septim Mansion).

Anyway, I used "tcl" to go through the gate and proceeded normally afterwards, completing the masterpiece.

thanks a lot for your reply mate

I suspected it should work like that DarkRider.

problem is that no matter how many arrows I shot at it, the welkynd would not activate. Maybe the reason was that I updated the mod while I was in the dungeon (though I teleported to an empty cell before the update -Septim Mansion).

Anyway, I used "tcl" to go through the gate and proceeded normally afterwards, completing the masterpiece.

thanks a lot for your reply mate

I had the same problem without updating while playing.

I've got a question though: why are the keys tagged with quest items? I thought after finishing the quest I could remove them but I can't. I like to keep a clean inventory (or at least as clean as I can XD)

One thing is sure though, if RST uses some of the tricks we've seen in the Oubliette, that will be one hell of a mod unworthy.gif

I've got a question though: why are the keys tagged with quest items? I thought after finishing the quest I could remove them but I can't. I like to keep a clean inventory (or at least as clean as I can :poke:)

One thing is sure though, if RST uses some of the tricks we've seen in the Oubliette, that will be one hell of a mod unworthy.gif

Could be a mod conflict, none of the keys in The Oubliette are flagged as quest items with the exception of

the blue and gold orb keys

which should be unflagged at the end of that level.

I've got a question though: why are the keys tagged with quest items? I thought after finishing the quest I could remove them but I can't. I like to keep a clean inventory (or at least as clean as I can :poke:)

The keys that are part of Door XII are removed from the players inventory once they are used.

Hello Again, i am stuck once again, although ive only had to ask for help twice so that's not too bad considering how tricky it could be on some levels. I'm in the castle at what i presume is the last part of the mod. Iv'e found a beating heart that turned to dust when i touched it, but is that supposed to do anything or have i perhaps missed something else. I've clicked a switch on the wall in the other part of castle with the walls that push you into the lava, does that do anything or am i still missing something. There's some kind of gate in the main entrance hall that is closed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i've been stuck on this for a few days now, fortunately ive had Dragon Age Origins to keep me occupied, but although its a very good game i want to try out the 1500 or so mods ive recently downloaded for Oblivion, nothing really comes close to a modded Oblivion. TO think i played it when it first came out without any mods at all, and came back to it a few months ago to find all these excellent mods, while DA:O has a much better main story, you can't beat the freedom that Oblivion gives you, everything else seems very linear.

Once again thanks for any help and perhaps my new character can get back to Windfall for some much needed peace and quiet, no hard working and honest 12th level thief should have to put himself in this much trouble for a few trinkets, although i did have to cheat slighlty and summon a bag of holding to carry all the loot, all of which was well balanced, although i found a staff worth over 100,000 which seemed a bit high for my level, i suppose i can always give it away if it bothers me. As the second adventure/dungeon crawl type mod that ive tried since starting my new character, the other one being Windfall, i can only say that ive enjoyed them very much and hope this isn't the last mod you all work on together, and whoever built the oubliette parts of the mod, the ones that joined the levels together, it must have took some thought and skill to get it all working right, well done.

A final question while i'm thinking about it, do you let new players join your roleplaying game, i haven't had much chance to look at it, but it seems like a good idea, how would new characters join the existing party, if that's how it works and how often do you update the story.

The beating heart is part of the puzzle in that area you must

go back to where the main hall is and through the other side door to find a second level with another beating heart. Activate both to get the door in the main chamber behind the thrones to deactivate so you can move forward.

Anyone can join in the roleplays, we have three, the Tavern is our long standing roleplay (entries tend to be longer), Bruma Court is our newest ES based game, and Rikanda is an ES/D&D hybrid play. New players are welcome to join in. You start by introducing your character in the character thread for the role play you want to join. Then read the last few entries to figure out where the other players are. Any questions you have you can ask in the OOC thread for that role play before posting. Then just write your entry post that introduces your character in story. Once in the story you want to work your character toward a central meeting place (in the Tavern Tales it's the Tavern, get there to increase the odds of meeting the rest of us. In Bruma Court it is the Bruma Court, and in Rikanda, I think the Prywick Inn is the central location)

We update the stories pretty frequently when everyone is playing, at the moment it's a bit slow while we all juggle modding projects too, but if you want to play, come on in, we'd love to have you. biggrin.gif

Looks like you had fun don! tongue.gif

How can one not have fun in here? :D Seriously though this vid came from hitting F11 instead of F10 for a screen and I thought "what the heck,let`s see what happens".Wow. the door just opened on this ability. Thank you Rider for setting this all up,eh? :D

Thanks for the answer, i found what i was looking for and have now finished The Oubliette. It almost seems strange being back in the Imperial City, it seemed like i was doing that mod for ages. Now to sell all that loot and maybe even deliver the amulet of kings, i suppose at 13th level i should start thinking about the main quest, although too many mods like this one and i'll quickly forget the main game.

I'll take a look at the roleplay stuff, looks interesting, thanks again.