DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oubliette Chat Thread - SPOILERS INSIDE

WhoGuru

Your Impression of the Oubliette!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of TESA's first Challenge?

• OMG fun fun fun in the oh so missing sun.
    • I died. Over and over you evil modders you!
    • There was an Oubliette?
    • I just came for the cheese.
    • Could have been better but not much.

Any thoughts on that?

When you exit that level and head to your right there will be a second door.

Directly across the railing from the door is the welkynd switch you need to activate. It opens the barrier gate to your right so you can move on. Not sure which welkynd switch you're shooting at there are a few more that can't be activated from above. You have to hit the one nearest the gate.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you exit that level and head to your right there will be a second door.

Directly across the railing from the door is the welkynd switch you need to activate. It opens the barrier gate to your right so you can move on. Not sure which welkynd switch you're shooting at there are a few more that can't be activated from above. You have to hit the one nearest the gate.

I see which one you're refering to, but it didn't work. I shot several arrows at it, but to no avail. I'll take a screenshot to be sure I'm hitting the correct one :lmao:

There are 12 doors.

In X,

all you need to remember is when you think you are done, you are.

Need more?

Try leaving the way you came in.

:lmao: Right,and I used the other side...freaked me out but sooo nice not to quest for the forgotten keys again. I suppose XI`ll be "business as usual. I think X took me all of...well that many minutes.I remembered a ruin that was like that, basically just in and out.I particularly liked the custom,uh,critters in this one.

THANKS alot, was searching all day, yesterday, with no luck, thanks :D

yugi

There is also:

A lockpick between the wall and the bedroll to the left when you spawn in.

Once I finally got VII to start working (apparently one of my saves didn't let it work) I got pretty far, right after there's that woman who checks the dead body of some guy with a knife in their back. I'm at the part where there are these two "Lost Souls" floating around and skeletons that keep spawning in when I kill them. I keep killing them and they keep spawning back in, nothing happens... And there is no way out :lmao: What do I do?

My favorite was VII with the freaky woman ghost and her nightmare world. The story was involved and the animations were cool. The ever spawing skeleton room had me wondering about my sanity!

It wasnt really scary, but I think I liked its execution the best. :lmao: to the maker!

How to get out? It took me a while to figure it out, but here it is.

When some torches go out in the ever spawning room, one of the 'blank' walls can be walked through. You can then activate the 'exit'.

When some torches go out in the ever spawning room, one of the 'blank' walls can be walked through. You can then activate the 'exit'.

Ok? Not sure I get that... but I'll try it.

EDIT: I walked through the wall and activated the try me... button but nothing happened, and I did go back out and try walking through some more walls but they were all solid :lmao: This level is really confusing.

Ok? Not sure I get that... but I'll try it.

EDIT: I walked through the wall and activated the try me... button but nothing happened, and I did go back out and try walking through some more walls but they were all solid :lmao: This level is really confusing.

After you activate the try me, which lowers the barrier around the sparkly portal thing, go to the center of the room and click on the sparklies.

XI is one of my favorite levels! :D That one has a really wonderful feel to it! Even though I spent ten minutes wandering the first chamber trying to figure out how to get out of the room! :lmao:

Yeah, same here and I make it all the way to the castle,through the drawbridge,kill everything at least twice,run to the door...NO KEY!!! Scoured the countryside..NO KEY!!! Can I buy a vowel here.I activated every corpse I hope it`s not all the way back inside BrokenDreams.

After you activate the try me, which lowers the barrier around the sparkly portal thing, go to the center of the room and click on the sparklies.

I spent a lot of frustrated time in this room. I would like to see the beam activate after the button is pushed instead of always there and suddenly becoming different with no visual clue. It was still fun though. I am sure I leveled up at least once in that room. :lmao:

Yeah, same here and I make it all the way to the castle,through the drawbridge,kill everything at least twice,run to the door...NO KEY!!! Scoured the countryside..NO KEY!!! Can I buy a vowel here.I activated every corpse I hope it`s not all the way back inside BrokenDreams.

Okay, you guys have me officially confused. XI was a small passage with some goblins in prison cells.

The only castle and drawbridge I saw was in XII. The 'third' set of skeletons to come out the castle door has a GateKeeper skeleton, or something like that. The castle door key is on him.

Okay, you guys have me officially confused. XI was a small passage with some goblins in cells.

The only castle and drawbridge I saw was in XII. The 'third' set of skeletons to come out the castle door has a GateKeeper skeleton, or something like that. The castle door key is on him.

Okay...cool thank you Will, I guess I was also confusled. It`s been a looong day. At least now maybe I can finish this at home since I don`t have internet there. I was afraid I`d have to leave before someone gave me a cluein. :lmao:

I figured it out, but when I got out and got to the VII door it was locked :lmao: So I looked all over the place to no avail and eventually used the console :D . And when I got the key and went into hercines arena it crashed :pints: . This dungeon really hates me laugh.gif

I don't remember the VII door being locked.

But the Hircine cells are part of door VIII. It was locked. You might try doing something with that welkyd stone on the pedastal outside the door.

like shooting it with an arrow

The key can be found

on the chair to the right of the door, the one with the skeleton on it and the chest next to it.

I don't remember the VII door being locked.

But the Hircine cells are part of door VIII. It was locked. You might try doing something with that welkyd stone on the pedastal outside the door.

like shooting it with an arrow

The key can be found

on the chair to the right of the door, the one with the skeleton on it and the chest next to it.

Typo, I meant VIII :lmao:

And thanks, I didn't think of that... and how did ANYONE think of that?? :D

(The arrow shooting part)

It took awhile before I figured out that shooting them would help - clue given by the fact that someone went to the trouble of placing a bow with 35 steel arrows in the level. One thing I've learned is that dungeon crawls rarely put stuff in without a purpose. Played the hunch, and the rest was history :lmao:

Kudos just the same though, I actually found the main room to be the trickiest of all because of the switches and the fact that you had to jump out over the central area to get to some of them. Though breaking the mod by jumping over the walls after first coming in wasn't much fun. Don't do that people. And if you do, don't go through doors out of order. Bad Things.