DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]Dibella's Watch

Antiscamp

Finally! An in-game map of Dibella's Watch to be proud of. All the coordinates are now correct and it looks pretty bleedin' good! Thanks to Lady Nerevar for her excellent tutorial on the subject, which helped me in the right direction. The new map will be available in the next version of the mod, where it will also be merged with the rest of it, to get away from the independent WIP-ESP.

th_Oblivion2011-07-0913-27-46-75.jpg th_Oblivion2011-07-0913-28-31-50.jpg

Yeah. I've been thinking about fast travel for a long time, but I wanted the map to be representative first. First, I wanted no fast travel because I wanted the Morrowind feeling of exploration. It was a good thought, but I would have had to create some kind of travel system between the cities then and do other considerations. Allowing fast travel is the easiest solution though.

My characters are tired of running too. I dunno how many times I've run that road between The City and Wordham Village. Probably hundreds. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LogoV1DibellasWatchSmall.jpg

Version One Point O will be published tomorrow morning, as soon as ModDB authorizes it. It will be published on ModDB first, not any of the Elder Scrolls sites (TesNexus mainly), since ModDB has really helped this mod and shown interest from the very beginning, and I want to show that appreciation back in the only way I really can. TesNexus should also show appreciation and give attention to interesting, upcoming, but struggling mods like the total makeover-type mods Dibella's Watch is. Not only highlight "Japanese Schoolgirl Uniform with Melons Bouncing when you ride your Sexy Red Honda Motorbike". I bet many struggling mod-authors with great, suitable and serious mods would have fared well from a little more attention and not see their work surpassed by "Sexy Nurse Armor". Oh well, that's a different debate.

From the ReadMe: Dibella's Watch started out as just a small thing. I wanted to create an own little island where I could build villages and towns, since I was tired of having all my villages for Tamriel rejected since there was no space left to build on in Tamriel! Nowadays there's absolutely no free space over there. All corners of the land is taken by one conflicting mod or another. My solution to that, was to simply create my own worldspace. I started with The City, but the island grew from there. I drafted a design document at that relatively early stage, a document which I have probably scrapped in its entirety by now.

I made a few mistakes. I should have created the island in the Heightmap Editor before I started to populate it with villages, but I had no thought about it getting this large. It still looks strikingly good. There were good things to come out of that initial mistake though. I decided to only add land as I needed it for quests or a certain point of interest, which meant that the island never grew to large to be populated and never too large for me to lose interest. I see many modders starting out, creating large islands and cities with a hundred houses. But when it comes to filling all that, the energy is gone and their mods die of natural causes. I did not make that mistake. I made everything in Dibella's Watch count. Every house, every NPC, even every tree and stone has its meaning. All is hand-crafted, as well, there are no mass generated trees here. All trees, bushes and stones are placed by hand, by me, personally.

Dibella's Watch Version 1.0 has taken me eight months to complete; it has taken most of my free time and it has taken a lot of energy and effort. I liked some things about modding it, like creating landscapes, villages and NPC's. I also got into writing quests and liked that process a lot. what I wasn't good at though, was working with file formats, outside utilities and things in general outside the Construction Set. That is why Dibella's Watch is still Load Order sensitive, there are no BSA-files and the in-game map is still in a separate .esp, among other things. Trying to deal with all those three issues, rendered problems with the game and caused errors and the game not behaving properly. It seemed I had to sacrifice the gaming experience just to make the bleeding file structure proper. Therefore you have to excuse me and just live with the shortcomings. I'd rather have a perfectly functioning, fun game, where I've put my most energy on creating a beautiful, exciting new land, than having a perfectly packed, streamlined and neat file structure with a heavily glitching game underneath all that tidyness.

Hundreds and hundreds of hours have been spent by myself playtesting the mod. Hundreds. This doesn't mean that it's prefect, since my gaming style doesnt' necessarily mean that I see things that you see when playing the game in your style. Therefore, it is still important that you give me your feedback about what you like and what you don't. Even the slightest things. There will be patches in the future and maybe even substantial expansions with new quests and other cool things. For now, though, I need to rest from Dibella's Watch, but knowing myself, I will probably be back to it in a couple of weeks to patch and expand...

Dibella's Watch is a one-man-project. As such, a project of this magnitude, detail, completion and playability has rarely been put together before by one single creator (I know only a few other examples), alone, for Oblivion. It is unique. I dare you to do the same as I have done with Dibella's Watch! I am very proud of Dibella's Watch; it is my personal gift to the Elder Scrolls Universe as well as a tribute to the game series as a whole.

th_Birkfjord.jpg th_CityHome.jpg th_DeadtreeWarrior.jpg th_FightingDeadlanders.jpg th_HappyGallows.jpg th_LightspringIsland.jpg th_PortConstanze.jpg th_Tavylana.jpg th_Woodlands.jpg th_WordhamHills.jpg

Edited by Antiscamp

Congratulations Antiscamp!

Dibellas Watch had been outstanding before the final release and will be all the more now that you have finished it.

Will download it today and enjoy it again. I am curious of all the new things you added since the last beta.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

Now I miss the emote "I love Dibellas Watch" :D

Unfortunately, I cannot distribute this mod through the TesAlliance download as I had planned. TesAlliance only accepts files at a maximum of 64 MB's. Dibella's Watch is 213 MB's large. If this limitation changes in the future, I will upload Dibella's Watch to TesAlliance as well, since this website and the company I've found here, has had a positive impact on the mod's development.

I am planning an expansion to Dibella's Watch which won't be 213 MB's, at least, so I hope to be able to upload that one. More news on the expansion later as it starts taking form.

Unfortunately, I cannot distribute this mod through the TesAlliance download as I had planned. TesAlliance only accepts files at a maximum of 64 MB's.

Actually that;s not quite right there, the Downloads module has a limit of 64MB, anything over that can be uploaded through FTP :), More details can be found here:

Uploading Large Mods on TESA

Excellent, InsanitySorrow. I'm getting on it immediately. I haven't used an FTP Client since the early 00's when I administered and wrote an entire website about the Swedish-Russian war of 1808-09, so it's going to be quite a reunion.

Tamira: Start swimming now. I promise you'll get there. I promise. ;)

Edited by Antiscamp

• 2 weeks later...