DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]Dibella's Watch

Antiscamp

LogoV1DibellasWatchSmall.jpg

This mod began as I wanted to create an entire city for Oblivion, having already done smaller towns and villages for some time. I knew by experience that the vanilla world of Tamriel would be a hard place to build an entire walled city in as such a mod would inevitably conflict with one mod or another. I therefore chose to create an entire new wordlspace for my city and named it after my favourite goddess, Dibella Herself. The mod lore states that She created the island in a distant past and then let her most trusty followers settle it and there build a paradise in peace and calm. During the latter ages, the island has transformed into a very traditional Cyrodiil-like County though, ridden by the same problems of political conflict and opposing interests as the Mainland Tamriel Counties and nations. Contact between the Goddess and Her people has ceased.

Dibella's Watch not only adds a great walled city to the game, but I built an entire continent around it. I wrote a background history of the Continent and created both friend and foe factions. In the form of settlement, there is everything from the traditional medieval style cities, towns, villages, hamlets and even monasteries to a Woodelven City State, a Redguard Trading Post and a Nord Viking Village. Furthermore, there is the Deadtree Clan and their allies, the Woodlanders and Deadlanders, who are Orcish and Dark Elven bandit gangs. The Deadtree Clan itself constitutes a nation of Orcs, and they are very well-organized. The War against the Deadtree is the main focus of the Main Storyline Quest, which I am also writing.

All the landscaping has been done by hand. All trees and stones are placed there by myself and nothing is generated. I have crammed several different climate zones into my island; beside the traditional temperate climate with lush forests and endless farming fields, there are northern cold mountains, southern white, sandy beaches and the western deserts. In many instances, I have used modder's resources to make the land more characteristic and new to the player, however, I really want to retain a feeling of vanilla Oblivion as well. One idea behind the design of the continent was also to draw strong parrallells to Morrowind. There is no fast travel on the island, for an example, and I've actually tried to make the landscape Morrowindesque.

DOWNLOAD

The mod is downloadable from TesAlliance Downloads here.

There is also a patch out since August 24. Downloadable here.

SCREENSHOTS

I'm a fan of screenshooting. During the building process of this mod, I've taken some very beautiful screenies of it, of which I'll show you some here.

th_DWInGameMap.jpg

The map of Dibella's Watch.

th_Oblivion2011-05-0621-42-30-47.jpg th_Oblivion2011-04-3001-17-40-73.jpg th_Oblivion2011-04-2313-06-08-62.jpg th_Oblivion2011-03-1200-58-37-23.jpg th_Oblivion2011-03-1200-56-01-34.jpg th_Oblivion2011-03-0514-11-04-01.jpg th_Oblivion2011-03-0422-21-11-29.jpg th_ModDBBeta03Screen4.jpg th_Working74.jpg th_Working67.jpg th_Working62.jpg th_Working50.jpg th_Oblivion2011-05-2914-38-08-05.jpg th_Oblivion2011-06-0223-34-51-49.jpg th_Oblivion2011-06-1609-02-29-48.jpg

Edited by Antiscamp
  • Upvote 1

Loving this more and more :thumbup: I won't be tempted to download it until final RELz though, I want to see it finished when I play :)

That's excellent. I'm counting on the fact that most people will wait till final release. In the meantime, I'll continue tempting and showing off with my screenies here :smug:

That's excellent. I'm counting on the fact that most people will wait till final release. In the meantime, I'll continue tempting and showing off with my screenies here :smug:

Oh no, I don't want to wait. I started to explore Dibellas Watch, although it may take me some time to have a look at the incredible amount of interesting new places and scenic countryside. :thumbup:

I'm used to beta-testing and already took some notes for a few little things that might be corrected or improved. ;)

I haven't really decided on voice acting yet. I talked to my little lady the other day about it, and she would be willing to play a role. She has a lovely voice. Any VA-plans are far in the future still though. it would be fun to have at least the Main Storyline Quest properly Voice Acted...

Last night I did some maps for my mod to hang on walls and place on tables. These were doen very easily with MEO's City Maps Resource which also kindly includes an empty texture to fiddle with. The maps do look the part and bring atmosphere to the areas where they are placed.

gallery_9064_256_74462.jpg

Here we see the map placed on a table in the Dibella's Watch Castle War Room. Oh. The other stuff on the table, like open books and scrolls and sheets was stuff i found on TesAlliance. Lady Nerevar's Paper Goods.

gallery_9064_256_46635.jpg

Here it is hanging on the wall in the Constanze University, the seat of higher learning in Dibella's Watch.

Edited by Antiscamp

I haven't really decided on voice acting yet. I talked to my little lady the other day about it, and she would be willing to play a role. She has a lovely voice. Any VA-plans are far in the future still though. it would be fun to have at least the Main Storyline Quest properly Voice Acted...

Well, it's a conditional "C" then :yes: I'm not going too far. I'll watch for the posting.

Last night I did some maps for my mod to hang on walls and place on tables. These were done very easily with MEO's City Maps Resource which also kindly includes an empty texture to fiddle with. The maps do look the part and bring atmosphere to the areas where they are placed.

How much better than the usual anonymous gallimaufry strewn about. This kind of understated personalization really works.

i really like the knife through the note thingy, too.

Well, it's a conditional "C" then :yes: I'm not going too far. I'll watch for the posting.

How much better than the usual anonymous gallimaufry strewn about. This kind of understated personalization really works.

i really like the knife through the note thingy, too.

You bet. I don't have too many of these things in the mod yet though, but I'm going to add more, since it adds to the atmosphere quite radically.

Instant DL once it's done. Simply amazing :D

Thank you kindly. I'm working on it every day, so my by-the-end-of-summer-deadline should stick.

Looking finnneeee!!!!

As somone who lives in the middle of a forest (being a bear and all) I can safely say the forest seen at the start trumps anything in oblivion. Only sections of land near Bravil felt even slightly like a forest (even with mods) but that looks like it has the kind of tightly packed, so-thick-you-cant-see forest that I like.

and oh yeah, everything else looks AWSOME too!! :D

I've been creating a dungeon all day long. It's not my favourite part of modding, but I wanted at least one major dungeon in Dibella's Watch. The Blackcrow Halls dungeon is also the home of a Goblin Clan, imaginatively named The Blackcrow Clan, and it goes deep under a mountain. If you go in at the east side of the foot of the mountain, you will emerge on the west side, in the Deadlands. There are masses of irritating but cute Goblins and there is some looting to be had. A traditional Oblivion dungeon crawl, therefore.

The Blackcrow Halls will be inthe next release of Dibella's Watch, Beta 10, which will be released in the weekend, if all goes according to plan. Which it does.

th_Oblivion2011-06-0223-31-29-00.jpg th_Oblivion2011-06-0223-34-51-49.jpg th_Oblivion2011-06-0223-35-54-27.jpg th_Oblivion2011-06-0223-43-13-48.jpg th_Oblivion2011-06-0223-45-19-04.jpg