DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Do you have the strength, fortitude, and compassion to help this weary assassin mage on his quest?

scottrill2

Hola Folks,

Sorry for the delayed reply, work has been murder this week.

HeyYou:

I have installed tons of locations and quest mods, I am a newb as far as vanilla goes, maybe something has changed.  Like I do have better cities installed and from what I read it changes the locations of several stores etc but I don't know if it affected the Inn that Garrus goes to.

LeftyScaevola:

I had read that elsewhere plus I some land tearing near the city.  I downloaded a mod called "Land Magic" and ran it.  It did find thousands of tears and fixed them but still no go.  Is there any other easy way to test for corruption in a cell?

Thank you both for the responses.  For right now, I use the mod "quest log manager" and I have added two quests that die on me to the hidden list lol  I figure I will ignore them until I either get to a point where I have to play them to further the main quest etc or wait till I am completely done with all other crap and then either try to solve issue or I think I loathe Oblivion enough to just walk away at that point lol

Thank you both for the help!!

Scott

Sup HeyYou,

How do I know what my respawn time is?  I know I play with a timescale of "x1"  I use a hunger / thirst mod so if I use a timescale of like "x30" then I am constantly having to drink and eat lol

Does that affect the respawn time in anyway?

Thanks as always,

Scott

have read here for stock respawn times. If you haven't changed anything, those should still apply.

Timescale of 1 gives you a 1:1 ratio of real time vs game time. With a 10 day respawn timer.... just playing will take quite a while for it to respawn..... With the 'needs' mods, I think they recommend a timescale of 10, or 20?

Those are the Skyrim respawn times.  Most cells in Oblivion have a 72 game hour timer.

Arthmoor has some posts around about fixing corrupted spawn points

I believe you can use TES4Edit to find all the mods that have edited a cell, then you can test them one at a time to see if they are the source of the crash/corruption.

Edited by LeftyScaevola

Well than respawn isnt my problem.  I was hoping it would be something simple lol

I went to testing cell and hung out for 5 days.  No joy.  :(

Could Timescale of one be causing an issue?  I find it totally breaks realism to have the sun rise and set while jogging one single loop around imperial isle.  Or to have a rain storm, then sunny skies, then a snow storm all while going from chorrol to IC lol  It just completely breaks immersion for me.  Also with my primary needs mod, a timescale of x20 or x30 causes me to have to sleep, eat and drink every 20 minutes lol  I spend more time eating and drinking then I do looting it seems at those time scales.

I might try running a time scale of x5, see if that helps any.

But again I thank you both for your help!!

Now HeyYou,

on a side note.  I know you worked on Advanced Magecraft, which I use frequently.  However I have problems in one area.  Enchantments, moving enchantments to be precise.  Maybe I am not understanding the mods abilities correctly tho.

I have 3 enchanted bows, one that delivers frost damage, one fire and one shock.  I hate having to switch bows for different enemies on the fly.  I know having a having a bow with all 3 enchantments will be wasteful as fire atronachs will be immune to the fire damage etc.  But I would rather spend more gold recharging all the time than have to carry all the weight in 3 different bows.

I am removing the enchantment from 2 of the bows and it says "enchantment removed" etc But when I try and combine or add the enchantment to the other bows the enchantment affect just disappears ?  Am I trying to use the mod for something it wasn't supposed to do or am I not doing it correctly?

Thanks as always,

Scott

What you need to do is, decide which bow you actually want to use..... take one of the OTHER bows, and STORE the enchantment. Now, swap to the bow you want to use, and place the stored enchantment on the bow. (it's been a while, so I don't recall exactly the option... might be "merge", or, it might just be 'restore'.....) Do the same thing for the third bow. Charge level should also be additive in such a case, but, as the equation changes for charge cost, as you add enchantments, don't expect to get too many uses before it's time to recharge. Having a collection of soul gems, and a weapon that does soul trap is kinda handy. :)

You can only store one enchantment at a time.

Save first, then give that a shot, when written, it was intended to make just such an operation easy. :)

Alright HeyYou,

I will give that a shot. Thanks as always.  I am adding a few more mods today, vanilla potion making blows so I grabbed Advanced Alchemy and I also grabbed a timescale mod by TNO, hopefully this will allow me to experience a slow timescale when I desire and a faster one will kick in when I am doing something I don't care about lol

I noticed my x1 timescale is really killing me in interest at the cryodil bank. roflmao.  The first thing I do is usually make tons of potions, steal alot of crap lol and assassinate bandits and steal their loot.  I stash all the money in Cryodil bank so I can earn interest to support future advanced missions, training, and better gear.  I have like 600,000 septims in the bank and I have earned a whopping 2355 septims in interest!! lol

I have been playing now for about 33 days (thanks to you, MarkinMark and Lefty) and I was absolutely disgusted with my ROI.  I realized after reading your above post it is cause of my timescale x1 lol  Only around 7 actual days have passed in game roflmao.

So after getting these new mods working I  will try combining the bow enchantments again later today or tomorrow.

Two final questions:

1. Is it worth it to make enchanted weapons TO SELL or for time vs ROI should I stick to potions and poisons?

2.  Concerning poisons, is there any way to make poisoned arrows in advance?  Who in there right mind would apply poison to one arrow at a time??  Imagine telling the Macusy Indians they could only poison one dart at a time??  Heck you would end up having a curare dart in your ass at the mere suggestion lol

Plus pausing the game after every shot breaks immersion big time.

Thanks as always,

Scott

Either one will get you big bucks, if you can find a place to sell them. :)

There is another mod, that automatically applies poisons to your weapons, and even has hotkeys to switch which poison you are using. I thought I had it on this machine, but, can't come up with it at the moment....... (not in my saved mods folder... that's strange.) Pretty sure it was This One.

Thanks HeyYou,

I use a combination of Advanced Magecraft recycler and trade and commerce to sell/ get coin for my stuff.  

Now from a profit standpoint I mainly use Advance Magecraft for junk crap, cloth, ink wells etc.  But I hate searching containers because my OCD makes it really tedious, plus after hours of dumpster diving you may have a couple thousand septims at best cause clay pots and heavy ass cloth isnt worth crap lol   plus tons of zero worth items you basically have to give away / pawn off onto some smuck's corpse lol

So I am trying to engage in more entertaining / enjoyable / profitable businesses like potion and poison making.  I am also using the crafting and gems and dust parts of FCOM so I am already making lots of silver arrows etc to sell in my store :)  Now I will add some cool enchanted bows and armor etc.  Sweet.  Huzzahh for Advanced Magecraft.  You guys did really great on that mod man.

Poison arrows:

I saw that mod but disliked the idea of taking 5 seconds between shots.  I saw a few others that let you do some in advance but they all had things I didn't like about them.  For instance a few of them basically just made enchanted arrows,  instead of poisoned arrows.  I guess overall it doesn't matter as both poison arrows and enchanted arrows both just use damaging spell effects.

But certain enemies are magic immune so I would overall rather have both true enchanted arrows and then true poisoned arrows.  I mean I load up an enchanted arrow everytime I have to take down and argonian mage or undead.  But then going up against certain Liches etc then poison seems to work better.

One last question for today lol

Do you know of a way to train more than 5 times per level?  That is really frustrating.  If I got the septims and the time why cant I train more often lol

Thanks as always,

Scott 

Holy crap I had never thought about using AM for arrows!!!  Do you have any idea how many septims I spend buying enchanted arrows??  I will definitely have to make some up and compare the costs!!

Thanks for the tip about wyre bash too.  I had googled the piss out of "increase oblivion training sessions per level" but only found certain mods that let you increase them based on certain attributes etc.  But all of the mods had certain things about them I didnt want.  I was going to install one, but your wyre bash tip is simple and efficient for my desires. thanks!

Thanks as always man!

Scott

Yep, enchanting arrows is easy. They will appear in your list of 'enchantable' items. Simply enchant an arrow as you would any weapon, and yet get as many arrows as you would uses on a weapon, or, however many arrows you happen to have, whichever is LESS. You cannot create arrows out of thin air. :D

I added the 'recycle chest' because I hated leaving high value loot in the dungeons, simply because I couldn't carry it. If you are using the balance options, the gold you get is based on your mercantile skill, but, does not give experience for it. Gives you a reason to develop it.

You cannot create arrows out of thin air. :D

Well that is a deal breaker, I guess I will have to uninstall AM and all of its greatness   :eyeroll:

heh, I think I candle buying the arrows themselves lol

Its funny my mercantile is what so high lol  That is what a spend my "5 max trainings per level" on.  Trade & Commerce both the value you get for an item and the odds of sucessfully selling said item both depend on mercantile score.  My alchemy is like 125 and my mercantile is like 101 lol

Thanks as always HeyYou!!!

Scott

lol

I have OCD remember?? lol  That is why I am barely playing a game that came out in 2006.  I played Morrowind for years on one character.  I mean my nephew played morrowind for a few years too, but he played the game as a mage, then an archer, then a warrior etc etc

I will prolly keep making money until I have around 10,000,000 septims in cryodil bank, which should earn me a nice hefty interest every week.  Combine that with my T&C store earnings and I will be rolling in septims.  

Yeah having OCD sucks most of the time, like right now my two main objectives is buying books and making money.  I havent even delivered the letter to Jauffre yet lol  

Normally this is how elderscroll or rpg games go for me:

1.  Make as much money as possible.  (looting, selling potions, assassinating bandits and non essential NPC's)

2.  Use said money to buy every book in the game.

3.  Read said books so I know all of the lore and how each book coincides with the storyline.

4.  Buy / conduct training.

5. Buy my favorite or most sought after weapons.

6. Do side quests that do not reveal  any plot spoilers etc.

Once I have accomplished those then and only then do I do the main quest line.

After I have beat the main quest line then I focus on:

1.  Collecting one of each weapon, armor etc of the game.

2.  Buy up or take over any available real estate.

3.  Ensure all quests no matter how trivial are done.

After those I end the game by killing everyone who can be killed lol

I will finish Oblivion prolly in early 2018 loll  

Sad part is I am only half joking lol

Now onto important matters!!

I tried out the enchanting arrows feature of AM, and it didnt go so well.  For instance I buy an enchanted arrow from goddess store for like 250 septims each.  However when I tried to make a small test batch, AM made me 8 arrows for 3700 septims or  462 septims each.  So for the few tests I have done it seems it would be cheaper for me to keep buying enchanted arrows.

I read through AM's readme so please forgive me if I ask a dumb question lol

Do I need to train up a skill like mysticism for enchanting prices to go down?

Looked on UESP site and they say only quality of equipment affects enchantment is that the same with AM??

Thanks as always!

Scott

The mechanics are all still stock. (cost, number of charges you get, etc.) I *think* mysticism is the governing skill though, higher the better if you are using soul gems to enchant. You can also transfer enchantments from various other weapons, to arrows. (which is the method I used at low skill levels.....) I think its actually more efficient that way. (and you get more arrows too.)

• 4 weeks later...

Hola,

This weary assassin mage has yet another question...or two :)

I was cave looting today as my level increases the looting is becoming more profitable (Up to 16,000,000 septims now.) anyway I was in this cave kickin ass and takin names when I kill this chick and a message pops up on the screen.

Now I start reading it, but almost immediately realize I shouldnt.  It was talking about the mistress of embers or some lady I killed and how its a blow to oblivion or some crap.  Totally spoiled my day.  With my OCD finding info OUT of chronological order is a real stickler for my mind.

This was not a quest I was on, there is no quest that pertains to this ember chick anywhere in my quest logs, pending or completed.  Even after the message nothing shows up in quest logs.

I don't know why in the name of Zeus's arsehole Bethesda couldnt make the quest stages dependent on goals BUT ONLY if the quest is started by the character.  Now I am terrified to just explore the dang map because I might ruin other plot lines for myself etc.

1.  Is there a mod or setting, to where it wont give me quest updates or messages unless I ACTUALLY start the damn quest lol

Now another issue is Archery.  I am a master level, like 95 or something, but lately the arrow is missing CONSTANTLY from an expert marksman with a target a swear to god 15 feet away lol

2.  Is there any known glitch or something?  I tried searching FAQ's but found nothing.  Thoughts welcome.

Finally a question on AM!

I am building my custom armor sets and using AM to transfer the enchantments I had on my last set of armor to the new ones.  But It is getting sloppy like now I have the following:

On Greaves:

Fortify magicka 10 popints

Fortify Strength 5 Points

Fortify Health 10 points

On Curiass:

Fortify magicka 5 popints

Fortify Sneak 15 Points

Fortify Security 10 points

Now I know I can store the enchantment from one and put it on another, and I know I could pick one and TRIM the effects except magicka.  

3.  But is there anyway to JUST take the fortify magicka and transfer it alone?

Thanks as always folks!!

Scott

I don't think we had a mechanic for trimming out one effect to move to another item. That's an all or nothing thing.

Don't know about the lady you killed, but, FCOM adds a fair few quests as well...... Simply wandering the map and exploring DOES run the danger of running afoul of some of them. I have no clue where she came from though. :) It's just one of those things you have to live with, if you like just wandering about. (like me.....)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks, this detailed post from scottrill2 and the reply's from HeyYou really, really, helped me. It's why forums and the search function are so great. I love finding fixes.

I recently cobbled together an older cheaper computer (about $150 total, already had the monitors) just to play Morrowblivion, since it's pretty much stable now and I've never played Morrowind. While I've enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim on the PS3, (and Bauldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath series on the PS2 as well); it was time to go the PC route and also had time to get back into building PC's, as I had shifted to consoles back then due to costs. I had some issues with Wyre Bash and NMM conflicting (I was also learning about modding as well, and forgot the first rule, ONE mod added, check it out and confirm any issues, before adding the next one) but I think I've got it licked now.

So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I've got my system running (after the 3rd re-install  :pc: ), mainly using Wyre Bash (for the control) now; but since it's only a 3Ghz Quad core with 8 Gig Ram and a 1 Gig 5450 Video card running on 64Bit Vista Pro, I have to go with lower resolutions or polygons to get a decent picture and FPS at 1024x768 on a 20" Monitor. But the various tweeks I've read about on different websites have really helped. The mod's list I've cobbled together is working well now as well, thanks to scottrill2's extensive documentation. Also the one here that led me to TES Alliance. 

I'll have to wait a while again until I can get better hardware (black friday slick deals anyone?), but by the time I'm done with Morrowblivion, hopefully Skywind will be up and running as well.

Thanks again.

Hello there, quite surprised to know that this is still going.

Just read through the whole post and have a few things that may help: 

I have now decided that the crashing must go lol

Sadly CTD are really common with Fcom, have you tried using Oblivion Crash Prevention System?

Needless to say right now I am hunting for mods to make the guards more realistic and less OMNISCIENT.

Perhabs No Psychic Guards is what you need. 

Regards.