DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Do you have the strength, fortitude, and compassion to help this weary assassin mage on his quest?

scottrill2

I think the crash prevention system caused more problems than it actually solved.... it would prevent 'bad data' crashes, that now get baked into your save..... doesn't kill it immediately, but, it is a cumulative poison...... Think there was a thread on this at some point, but, as the mod hasn't been updated in five years........ I wouldn't hold out much hope the thread is still around either.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

It's me....again ....... for like the 5000th's time lol

\

So I am getting CTD's when I go near IC.  

1.  I have not touched a single thing in my mod list or load order.

2.  I have tried sleeping in testinghall for 12 days straight to reset the cells four times lol

Unfortunately I am still playing all the excellent side quests I have from the mods I have installed.  So I haven't even started the main quest, but yet even these side quests still have me going to IC frequently.

Now note, I can for instance get to chestnut handy stables via "coc ICChestnutHandyStables"  and I have a recall spell from mark and recall mod that can take me directly in front of IC bank in market district.

But yet:

1.  If I try to fast travel, walk,  or ride a horse to chestnut handy stables I CTD.

1a.  If I   "coc ICChestnutHandyStables"  then try to leave via the door I CTD.

2.  If I try to fast travel, walk, or ride a horse up to market district gate I CTD.

2a.  If I recall travel or COC into market district then try to leave via the market gate I CTD.

Obviously this sucks.. and not in a good way lol

I have read a bunch of forum posts saying:

"Just throw your load order into the CS and then navigate to the glitching area and see what might be causing it"

I have googled for this process to no avail.  I have tried using wyre bash to do it.  I get my load order up and then click on the swiss army knife icon for CS and it craps the bed on me.

I launch CS by itself and then manually double click on every esp and esm I have and it craps the bed too.

How exactly does one load up their current load order into CS to try and Troubleshoot it?

On a side note, in the next release of Advanced Magecraft could we get a button that says:

"Bitch slap my oblivion install please"

Thanks as always folks,

Scott

well this sucks lol

If I select all my esm and esp files tes4edit starts background loading etc then hangs.  every damn time.

I have 64GB of ram which is almost twice as large as my whole oblivion folder so it shouldn't be running out of resources.

Assuming I can get it load up successfully how do I search for a cell?  Do I make a filter or something like when fixing dirty edits?

Thanks,

Scott

I think tes4edit is a 32 bit program...... it can't use all your ram, maybe, if you make it large address aware.... it could use 3.2 gig...... but, given that even MY Oblivion folder is north of 20 gig...... makes ya wonder how that works.....

Of course, if the program is hanging, that indicates there is a problem somewhere..... is there anything in the log that indicates where it hangs?

• 10 months later...

I'm baaaaaaaacccccckkkkkk lol

New forums look sweet folks.

So it has been a year-ish since I last posted.  I actually had to walk away from Oblivion for a while because the CTD's were just killing the game.  My OCD really would gnaw at me everytime I would see the Oblivion Icon.  I still haven't played Skyrim lol cause that would be out of chronological order of course lol

Anyway, I was thoroughly depressed at losing all my progress because I had tons of hours in it already do to my OCD making me search every crate, body etc and of course replaying quests over and over until I played it correctly in my mind.

But I bit the bullet and started reinstalling fresh for the umpteenth time.  I was about 60 mods in when it started happening again.  This time I was able to figure out exactly what mods / combinations etc was causing my CTD's.  Infact, using HeyYou's suggestion about TESedit I even narrowed it down to one mod I didn't absolutely have to have and one single script in a mod that I removed via Tesedit.  

Now I finished setting it back up the way I had it, minus the one mod and the one script inside of another mod.  I was hoping I could then use my old saves since it is very close to original setup, thus saving me tons of hours.

Two problems have arose:

1.  Weird save / load issues.  Sometimes it CTD upon saving or loading (I don't use autosave or quicksave, only Duke Patricks Safe save) but yet if I load a save earlier or more recent then it seems to work.  I can't seem to repeat the problem on purpose, more like crap shoot.

2.  I have become super powerful.  I kill with one spell, one arrow, or one sword strike.  I do have OCD so I have done tons of grinding, side quests etc.  I am hundreds of hours into the game and yet havent even started the main quest.  I am level 34 and spend tons of gold on training.  But I don't remember my character being this powerful before I quit oblivion 6 months ago when I was having the CTD issues.

Almost all humans die in one attack.  Even a simple arrow to the shin knocks them flying dead.
Giants, Ogres and large daedra die in two at most.

My questions if you all would be so kind:

1.  I have updated saves, removed bloat, fixed abomb, renumbered saves etc in wrye bash.  Is there anything else I should be trying?

2.  Is there some way to find out why my character is so powerful?  Like a mod that will let me see the hit points Im doing and then let me compare them to a list or something?  Or a way to see if a mod is acting up making me uber deadly?

As always folks, thanks for your time,

Scott

Edited by scottrill2
TONS of typos. Yeah I rock AND roll......

Sup HeyYou,

Jesus man don't you ever take a vacation from TES lol  

Well with you replying to me you already know me lol.  Remember to speak to me slowly as if you are speaking to a particularly dim witted little boy roflamo.

On topic:

I have been using Advanced Magecraft to make really powerful arrows and bows for use against giants and what not.  However even my non-enchanted archery gear is wasting fools right and left. 

Non-Enchanted Gear:

I am using a Blood Thorn Bow added by FCOM. It has the following stats:

Damage 22

Damage Rate: 20.90

I am pairing it with an Ayleid Royal Arrow added by FCOM.  It has the following stats:

Damage 21

My stats are as follows (remember I have spent hundreds of hours grinding due to my OCD):

Agility:  171

Marksman:  123 

Marksman Rank: Master

I will definitely try that mod you pointed me too.  So I can visually see how much health each shot is taking.

I know Oblivion LIVES on its own.  Like people have routines they carry out even without the player being there.  Perhaps I keep stumbling on creatures that are already weak from other battles?

Maybe it is just a case of getting too powerful before even starting the main quest and I can use console codes to lower stats or something if that's the case.

Any thoughts on my save and load random CTD's?

As always thanks for the help!

Scott

I try to type really slow for ya. :)

Weapon stats look good. Character stats though, yeah, I can see how you can one-shot folks without too much trouble. You seem to be really powerful because you ARE really powerful. :) I don't know if the damage equations take into account stats over 100, I think there is a mod for that.... (of course)

Could just turn up the difficulty a notch. It reduces the amount of damage you do, and increases stats for opponents.

Random crashes? Well, there is a lot that can cause that....... Using a save with a different load list than what you are playing now is a good candidate though..... Might try an experiment, and see if you get the same behavior on a new game. (after a while.)

• Upvote 1

Thank you Kisuke and HeyYou,

Difficulty is on whatever the game defaults to as I have never touched it.  I always thought FCOM would make the game harder but in an interesting and fun way.  Maybe I should raise the games difficulty too just to get back to a more even keel.

I always play as a stealth mage assassin type, usually sneak up on their borders, put a few arrows in em and then move in for some CQB mage slinging fun to finish them off.  Its not as much fun when your stealth attacks end the fight before it starts lol

As far as the save / load corruption CTD's I will try starting a new game and see if the issue crops up, but I really hope I don't have to do that lol

A few quick questions please:

1.  I know FCOM alters the difficulty of the game, but does it scale as you level up?  i.e. If I bump games difficulty setting up then is FCOM going to multiply that or anything?

2.  Does the game's difficulty slider affect the loot at all? (Remember I use T&C to sell my ill gotten goods so I like finding cool stuff in chests and crates)

3.  I have alot of open / started side quests from various mods I've installed.  Does increasing game difficulty hurt or affect those quests at all?  (i.e. I know some thief missions mods Ive downloaded make you steal a certain amount of loot for quest completion and it is based of level and difficulty)

4.  Concerning my Save game issues.  I read on another forum where someone suggested going to testinghall for 7 days etc and saving there.  Load that save game and then coc weye and save again.  Other folks said his idea was bogus and wouldn't help to "clean" a save.  Opinions?  Hell I might try that anyway just as a hail mary lol

Thanks as always folks,

Scott 

FCOM does indeed alter difficulty, but, it does it by changing how the leveled spawns work. Basically, the further you are from civilization, the meaner things get. Granted, there are exceptions to that...... (the vampire cave on the imperial isle, for instance...... don't go there at first level... you WILL die..... :) ) Changing the game difficulty should alter that at all, EVERYONE will have more hitpoints, and deal out more damage, while you will do less.

Given your stats, and using stealth attacks, it really isn't a surprise that you can one-shot just about anyone.... Sneak attacks give you a damage multiplier.... and the numbers can get pretty outrageous without a lot of effort. :) Only physical damage from weapons get the multiplier though, magical damage from enchantments and such are added on afterwards.

I don't recall if the difficulty slide changes loot.... but, I don't *thin* so........

According to theory, going and hiding somewhere inside, for whatever your respawn timer is, plus one day..... is good for cleaning out bad spawns, and various other problems with the game. Basically, the entire world resets. Does not affect quests in any way though. Just spawned actors/items. All you really need to do is, go hide in testing hall for whatever your respawn is, +1 day, save, exit game completely, load the last save, then COC to wherever it is you want to be, and run with it from there.

Biggest thing is, DO NOT overwrite saves. At all. Ever. Make a NEW save frequently, and just clean out the folder every now and then....

Sup HeyYou,

I ended up doing the trifecta, cleaned out save folder, renumbered them, and made a clean save in testing cell.

Now let me ask a question about overwriting saves.  I normally save via console and I name it based on Guild,Mod, etc

Like:

fightersguild1

fightersguild2

fightersguild3

etc, or:

bettercitiesquest1

bettercitiesquest2

bettercitiesquest3

Now the thing is I use that same naming structure for EVERY fighters guild quest.  I have never thought about overwriting the old save because it never asks me, but I guess that is cause I am doing it through console huh?

Is it ok to reuse the same save game names IF I have cleared out the save folder, that way it is recycling the name, but not overwriting a file?

As for the easy kills, I bumped up the difficulty slider and adjusted some mod settings to reduce stealth bonuses etc.  Game is challenging again.  Not too challenging though lol, whats the point in being a badass stealth assassin mage if you can't bust loose with death now and then lol

Thanks as always!

Scott

I don't think the console cares if the file you are saving already exists or not. (might be interesting to to try it once though, and see what it says......)

I NEVER overwrite save games. Beth games have always had issues with that practice.... If you have an empty save folder, then you can't possible overwrite. :D

Alright folks,

New problem now lol  

I have a new "ability" called tiger sight.  Essentially it engages night eye anytime you crouch.  However, now I can't turn on night eye while standing even if I cast a spell directly or put on an enchanted object with constant night eye.

Using Tes4edit I have tracked the ability down to the Midas Magic mod.  Which I do use heavily with Supreme Magicka and Advanced Magecraft.  So uninstalling the mod is out unfortunately.

What is the proper way to remove or block an ability in Oblivion?  I can't really seem to find good instructions.  

Player.removespell etc doesn't seem to work.

player.setav nighteyebonus 0  can help, but it is gimmicky, ie certain scenarios reset it and I have to do it everytime I play.

Can I just go into the mod via tes4edit, find the ability and click "remove" or do you think that would break other stuff?

Thanks all,

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Alright I got a new one. lol

I am trying to configure and use a new keypad device, so I am doing alot of binding etc.

I figured first thing I better do is screenshot my current settings.  I noticed a bunch of keys are listed that I don't have.

Here is an image attached:  It lists keys like F15 when I only have function keys one through twelve and then triple digit keys like 105 lol

Now these are all quick slots, which I don't even know if I use them since I use Enhanced hotkeys but any thoughts as whats going on here lol

Thanks as always for your time, 

Scott

ScreenShot3.png

Well,

I normally play with  just a regular keyboard, english language.  Mainly use arrow keys and numpad keys + mouse.  However,  got a mad case of carpal tunnel happening, so now I am trying to setup a razer orbweaver.

Like I said I don't know if I even use quick slots one through eight cause I have enhanced hotkeys.  Just struck me as odd seeing keys I don't even have on my keyboard lol

Enhanced hotkeys stuff:

; Hotkeys 0-9 use keyboard 1234567890

set tnoEH.k0 to 2
set tnoEH.k1 to 3
set tnoEH.k2 to 4
set tnoEH.k3 to 5
set tnoEH.k4 to 6
set tnoEH.k5 to 7
set tnoEH.k6 to 8
set tnoEH.k7 to 9
set tnoEH.k8 to 10
set tnoEH.k9 to 11 

; Hotkeys 10-19 use keyboard YUIOPGMHAKLED
set tnoEH.k10 to 21
set tnoEH.k11 to 22
set tnoEH.k12 to 23
set tnoEH.k13 to 24
set tnoEH.k14 to 25
set tnoEH.k15 to 34
set tnoEH.k15 to 50 
set tnoEH.k16 to 35
;set tnoEH.k17 to 36
set tnoEH.k17 to 30
set tnoEH.k18 to 37
set tnoEH.k19 to 38
set tnoEH.k18 to 18
set tnoEH.k19 to 32

; Hotkeys 20-29 use C numpad 123456789 
;set tnoEH.k20 to 82
set tnoEH.k20 to 46
set tnoEH.k21 to 79
set tnoEH.k22 to 80
set tnoEH.k23 to 81
set tnoEH.k24 to 75
set tnoEH.k25 to 76
set tnoEH.k26 to 77
set tnoEH.k27 to 71
set tnoEH.k28 to 72
set tnoEH.k29 to 73

; Hotkeys 30-39 use F, S, Z, X, Q, R, Num., Num/, Num*, Num-
;set tnoEH.k30 to 210
set tnoEH.k30 to 33
;set tnoEH.k31 to 199
set tnoEH.k31 to 31
;set tnoEH.k32 to 201
set tnoEH.k32 to 44
;set tnoEH.k33 to 211
set tnoEH.k33 to 45
;set tnoEH.k34 to 207
set tnoEH.k34 to 16
;set tnoEH.k35 to 209
set tnoEH.k35 to 19
;set tnoEH.k36 to 69
set tnoEH.k36 to 83
set tnoEH.k37 to 181
set tnoEH.k38 to 55
set tnoEH.k39 to 74

My oblivion ini stuff:

fVersion=1.8000
Forward=00C8FFFF
Back=00D0FFFF
Slide Left=001EFFFF
Slide Right=0020FFFF
Use=00FF00FF
Activate=0052FFFF
;Block=003801FF
Block=00FF01FF
;Cast=002E02FF
Cast=000E02FF
Ready Item=002BFFFF
Crouch/Sneak=009DFFFF
;Run=002AFFFF
Run=00FFFFFF
Always Run=0036FFFF
;Auto Move=0010FFFF
Auto Move=00FFFFFF
Jump=00CFFFFF
Toggle POV=002FFFFF
Menu Mode=0024FFFF
Rest=0011FFFF
Quick Menu=003BFFFF
;Quick1=0064FFFF
Quick1=0064FFFF
;Quick2=0065FFFF
Quick2=0065FFFF
;Quick3=0066FFFF
Quick3=0066FFFF
;Quick4=0067FFFF
Quick4=0067FFFF
;Quick5=0068FFFF
Quick5=0068FFFF
;Quick6=0069FFFF
Quick6=0069FFFF
;Quick7=006AFFFF
Quick7=006AFFFF
;Quick8=006BFFFF
Quick8=006BFFFF
QuickSave=003FFFFF
QuickLoad=0043FFFF
;Grab=002204FF
Grab=003004FF
bInvertYValues=0
fXenonLookXYMult=0.0005
fMouseSensitivity=0.0020
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6
iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2
iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1
fJoystickMoveFBMult=1.0000
fJoystickMoveLRMult=1.0000
iJoystickLookUpDown=6
iJoystickLookLeftRight=3
fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020
fXenonMenuMouseXYMult=0.0003
bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=0
bUse Joystick=0
fXenonLookMult=0.0030
fXenonMenuStickSpeedMaxMod=5.0000
iXenonMenuStickSpeedThreshold=20000
iXenonMenuStickThreshold=1000
;Language values: 0-English, 1-German, 2-French, 3-Spanish, 4-Italian
iLanguage=0
SlideLeft=00CBFFFF
SlideRight=00CDFFFF
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorMinSpeed=1.0000
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorMaxSpeed=15.0000
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorGamma=0.1700
fXenonMenuStickSpeedPlayerRotMod=3000.0000
fXenonMenuDpadRepeatSpeed=300.0000
fXenonMenuStickSpeed=300.0000
iXenonMenuStickDeadZone=15000

My nephew did most of the configuration stuff for me in the beginning, my OCD makes keybinding a nightmare lol so he usually does it.  I think I will just remake everything from scratch and leave the quick slots alone etc 

Thanks as always,

Scott

• 3 months later...

Man Oblivion is just not my friend lol

So I had to migrate to a different PC and reinstalled everything.  Only thing different is a few mods like Better Cities and Unique Landscapes have updates.

I get this error frequently:

Faulting application name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Faulting module name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x005440a0
Faulting process id: 0x1ac4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d17888d947dcc8
Faulting application path: F:\Games\32bit\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Games\32bit\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe

I have googled and gather it is some type of memory issue?  I have checked and rechecked my RAM, no other game crashes on me.  I have also disabled all mods, deleted my oblivion.ini and let  the game replace it with a fresh one.  Can't seem to shake this error.

Any thoughts oh wise ones?

Thanks as always,

Scott