DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Do you have the strength, fortitude, and compassion to help this weary assassin mage on his quest?

scottrill2

HeyYou,

I know I should start a new thread in Skyrim SE section.  But just a quick question.  Where do you fall on the whole clean or not clean thing in Skyrim.  My neighbor kid, the one that helped me in oblivion says he never cleans stuff until there is a reason for him to do so.  Something about certain records showing up as identical but still needed.  I guess kind of like dirty edits in Boss / Oblivion.   The nexus mod manager I downloaded apparently uses Loot, and tells me there are tons of mods  I should clean.  But they never once mention dirty edits etc.

Anyway curious as to your take on the whole thing.

There are a couple different schools of thought on that..... But, it appears that the consensus is: Clean 'em. As for dirty edits, the various tools don't find them, as they wouldn't even know what they are looking for. It doesn't help that the CS will mark something as 'changed', even if all you did was look at it. (but that would be an ITM, and would get cleaned out.) If someone changes something elsewhere, and it has nothing to do with what their mod is actually for, it takes a a live intelligence to note that. :D

• Thanks 1

Roger Roger

I was looking through a link my neighbor sent me as proof, and after reading it with what you said above, I think he is misunderstanding cleaning MULTIPLE mods at once.  I must say with just under 275 mods / esls/ espfe ??  lol  I am running real steady and no crashes, but the mod manager from nexus shows TONS of cleanings I need to do lol

I must say I kind of miss using just wryebash and boss, cause I could actually print that list of and do some research.  This vortex thing is ok I guess but I hate how you have to click on each plug in to see suggestions.  Of course maybe Im just an old bastard and am not using correctly  :D  

As always I will bow to your wisdom HeyYou :bowdown:  I think Ill back up all my plugins and have a cleaning day:cavalier: