DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids

WhoGuru

Here is our current and active thread - http://www.tesalliance.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=9023#

Please post all questions/comments there. Thank you!

An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids: (The King's Shadow)

<<Click. -Courtesy of StryderOfOblivion

Centuries ago, in the time of Alessia, an Ayleid Prince commissioned a weapon to destroy his enemies. �An-Arane Cey, the King's Shadow. �He fell before the swords completion and it was hidden away until one of his successors would come to claim her. You are that successor and will have to follow a treasure hunt of clues across Cyrodiil to claim your well earned prize.

Details:

Lost Sword of the Ayleids is a treasure hunt mod.

There are no map markers.

You will have to rely on your own ingenuity and knowledge of Cyrodiil's landscape to find each location. �

The clues, in combination with the journal hints, should give you ample information to point you in the right direction.

The reward is a custom made sword that has a recharge ability along with other

useful enchantments. We haven't timed the quest, but it should take you awhile

to do it as there are a number of dungeons you have to raid in order to do the quest.

Lost Sword is designed to begin once you've had a good night's sleep. �

Find a bed and get horizontal for at least eight hours.

The quest will begin with a short video clip.

The sword is crafted from Welkynd Stone, for those who ask why the blade is blue. It was initially based on an Elven Longsword though the original stats have been bumped up. It's the enchantments that truly make this a blade worth having. It is unique.

The end boss battle of this quest is no walk through the park. Come prepared and remember to save first. My level 10 character got pasted to the floor the first time.

Updates:

*Lost Sword can now played with or without OBSE. If you already have the mod, visit the download page and download the updates, copy over the old .esp with your choice of new.

In the non-OBSE version, the recharge function on the sword is currently not working. WillieSea and Mage are on it and will have a fix soon.

For those suffering the freeze problem at the end scene, the update fixes this!

There is also a full version of the mod available for download without OBSE for those who do not have or want it. Enjoy.

Darkseed Team:

Shadowhider - Textures/Graphics

WhoGuru - Writing & Dialogue

Da Mage - Textures, Coding & CS

DarkRider - Voice Overs

Varus Torvyn - Technical Adviser/Textual Adviser

Knite 0 da nine - Jack of all trades

WillieSea - Adviser and Sword Savior Extraordinaire

Incompatiblities:

None-known, please inform us.

Requirements:

TES IV: Oblivion

OBSE - Download latest version here: http://obse.silverlock.org/download/index.html

Downloads:

At TESA - http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/5-an-arane-cey-lost-sword-of-the-ayleids/

At TES Nexus - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20184

WhoGuru - Message at Official ES Forums or TES Alliance

Shadowhider - Message at Official ES Forums

Da Mage - Message at Official ES Forums

DarkRider - Message at Official ES Forums or TES Alliance

Bethesda Softworks - For making such a great game and the CS

NifTools

Blender Foundation

Legal:

You cannot re-release this mod in any form without permission from the Darkseed Team.

If you do we will hunt you down and do horrific things to your pet/s. :P

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot1-4.jpg

ScreenShot0-5.jpg

ScreenShot6-3.jpg

ScreenShot5-2.jpg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a cool project. Your thread is nice, but might be more eye catching if you add some color. Also, images are allowed here. Try to keep them to 400x400 or less and obviously no inappropriate content, but adding pics instead of links can give your thread more pop as well! :P

Sounds awesome. I hope it turns out that way to. :P

So far so good. :P

Playing through the very alpha version was great. The sword is amazing...perhaps a bit too amazing. I got pasted by the end boss first time around! lol � That hasn't happened in a while!

The biggest bug our scripter is working on right now is the clues. �After the third, they aren't spawning as they should which effectively kills the quest, since the next clue is supposed to be spawned when you read the previous one. I had to use the console to force the next stage each time.

That and getting the unique enchantment we want on the sword to actually work properly! He's nearly there.

I'm fairly sure he's throwing darts at my picture right now as I deluged him with typos I found in the journal updates while going through.

EDIT: �Thanks Darkrider! I'll see about pumping up the thread a bit! You get used to how things work on the official forums after so many years! lol

Why is it always one thing that just wont be fixed no matter how hard you try? lol Mage revamped the clue spawns, was convinced he had it fixed, sent me a new alpha version and don't you know the suckers still get stuck after the third clue?

On the upside, he fixed the flames on the sword. �They were showing up a sickly kind of green, they're white again now as they should be. �Couple new images added in the first post if you want to take a look.

Mage has an extra couple days to work out the bugs since the guy doing the voice work for us has laryngitis! See...murphy's law in action! He also can't seem to get the opening dream sequence to activate when the player sleeps. The quest begins as it should except for that.

So true, and it's a raining! LOL Turns out the biggest problem Mage is having, graphic wise is trying to remove that stock red effect Oblivion gives to enchanted weapons. �He's tried several ways to remove it, found one that kind of works but he doesn't like it. If anyone has any ideas on this, he has a thread in the official forums where you could give him a pointer!

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=

It just makes the sword look a bit crap in your hand as the red clashes badly with the other colors.

We're getting closer! Mage sent me an updated .esp this morning and seems to have fixed all the bugs! WOOT! I played through the entire quest, opening sequence fired as it should, all the clues FINALLY spawned as they're supposed to. �I was so happy I was cheering every time I found the next clue right where it was supposed to be! :ahoy:

So, the list of STD is getting very short!

1: Fix Typos...they are legion

2: Finish Sword's enchantments

3: Add Euther's voice

Also, I think Mage wants to diddle with the pommel of the sword a bit, says it's maybe a bit short. I hadn't really noticed until he said something. �Now that I look at it, I suppose it could be just a bit on the short side. Nothing I'm going to complain about however.He should be getting back to finishing things tomorrow. Real life, it seems, pulled him away for a few days.

Aye, the grip (handle proper) is a bit short. As a general rule, not as a modeler but as a swordsman, the grip should be roughly 1/3 of the total length (ie if you have a 3 ft sword, it will be 2 ft of blade and 1ft of handle) in order to achieve balance. Also, you want the swordsman to be able to use two hands if necessary for extra leverage, even on a one handed sword!  :ahoy:

The pummel is just the end part, the counter weight of the blade and the one on this sword in large enough!  aa_biggrin.gif

Aye, the grip (handle proper) is a bit short. As a general rule, not as a modeler but as a swordsman, the grip should be roughly 1/3 of the total length (ie if you have a 3 ft sword, it will be 2 ft of blade and 1ft of handle) in order to achieve balance. Also, you want the swordsman to be able to use two hands if necessary for extra leverage, even on a one handed sword! ! :ahoy:

Yep. That's what Mage's friend apparently told him when he had him beta test it. So I think that's now on his list of things to 'fix'.

That's assuming he doesn't just get tired of it, finish the things that have to be done and call it 'good enough'...which I couldn't blame him if he did. lol

Thanks Wind! That's exactly how we felt. If you're going to add an uber weapon, the player should bloody well have to work for it! Otherwise, where's the sense of accomplishment!

We are planning a sequel to this, where the reward would be a complete set of armor and shield. :D Sort of a thumb up the nose at Beth for the Imperial Dragon armor! :lmao: We want the armor to be unenchanted and the shield should have reflect damage/spell. What I would love to be able to do is have it work like KotN where you would receive Heavy or Light depending on which you were more trained in. If you're up for it, when we start working on it, we'd love the help! We want the sequel to be a much larger, more story driven mod and to potentially add in a few dungeons, NPC's etc...

Hmm depending on the timing I'm definitely interested. My plate is to over full right now to add anything very time consuming, once RST is done though I'll have some time. It would also depend on how tight your timeline is once you start, I unfortunately can usally only squeeze in a few hours a week of modding time.

WT

Who,

Voice files are complete. I will PM you the link to them!!! I have gone through the MOD, and did not find any real issues.. See the Beth forum for specific updates... from what I can tell, all clues were found and led me through the quest till completion.

Back to the drawing board... Will update when I have something to relate.

Euther

Okay, Voice overs are completed! :lmao: Mage is ready to start cobbling the whole thing together tomorrow into a finished form!

He also did end up tweaking the pommel of the sword, making it longer and more natural than the one in the images in the first post. Can't wait to see the new one. Sounds like he's also worked out the enchantments as he wanted, and he was obsessing about that!

Oh the suspense. :pints:

Almost ready for release!!  :wave:  We  have a complete version of the mod now.  Just have to fix a bug with the final dialogue.  Some of the lines are playing out of order with the text.  Soon as Mage gets that fixed, we're done!!  WOO HOO!!

It was a hell of a trip to play through the completed mod just now, even with the dialogue mix up.  Wow.  we done good.  :wave:

Thanks much!  Just have to wait for Mage to get out of school for the day now! :wave:  In Australia that is so....could be 5 this morning before he's back!  *sob*  

Playing through it again, I just noticed he's left in the acting cues for the voice actor!  LOL  Gonna have to have him take those out of the text.   It looks silly with things like (slighted scoff) and (boisterous laugh) stuck into the text!  :wave:

I think maybe it's beta testing time!   :wave:  Now to find some willing victims...I mean volunteers.  aa_biggrin.gif