DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids

WhoGuru

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you'd want to finish construction on it and let us have a look at it later, we can do that and perhaps it will make it into the mod.  I don't want to say absolutely right now.  We're still early on in the building here.  :gather:  

As a start it looks very promising though!  Especially if you can get everything lined up properly!   aa_tongue.gif

yeah the snap to grid is the best way, as it moves just 64 units, and move of the dungeon parts are 64 units big so they are easy to put together. to turn it on, click the grid icon on the bar at the top.

sometimes things dont quite line up, then you have to unselect the 64 grid, and manaully (through the referance box) move the piece one unit at a time.

yeah i got the snap to grid ima have to redo this dungeon tho =/ after school tomorrow =/ have new screen then too lol

What type of creatures would i been looking at to add for the lore of this mod?

I will Also do a basic Clutter plus if you guys dont use it i will  :gather:

FINALY found how how to link pathing nodes to traps lol i could do every thing else at path but its and all i had to do is hold r and click lol  :blush:

yeah i got the snap to grid ima have to redo this dungeon tho =/ after school tomorrow =/ have new screen then too lolWhat type of creatures would i been looking at to add for the lore of this mod?I will Also do a basic Clutter plus if you guys dont use it i will  :gather: FINALY found how how to link pathing nodes to traps lol i could do every thing else at path but its and all i had to do is hold r and click lol  :blush:

useful info, while im not doing the traps in my dungeon (WillieSea is) that is good to know.

Yeah, yay i can aline the ruin now yes! btw traps do not need to be scripted use their stock scrpit and enable their parent to make trap work learnt that doing my first dungeon lol.

Ok here is my grided version, with fully aligned gride =D about 10 min work so i think tomorrow i can give its a good level 1(just building blocks)

AyleidDungeonPrototype2.jpg

useful info, while im not doing the traps in my dungeon (WillieSea is) that is good to know.

I am? Your going to have to stand in line behind Rider!...  aa_biggrin.gif

Vanilla traps can be placed by anyone and don't need special scripts.

Only about 1/4 of my traps are vanilla, the others require special meshes and special scripts. It really depends on what effects you want and how big your imagination is...  aa_biggrin.gif

I am currently thinking of one.   :poke:
1. There is a button that opens a door down a dark hall.
2. Push the button and a constant barage of deadly darts fill the hall. The door slowly opens. (You can try for the door, hopefully surviving the darts.)
3. Push the button again and the darts stop, and the door slowly starts closing. You have to run to make it through the door.

• 3 weeks later...

Only about 1/4 of my traps are vanilla, the others require special meshes and special scripts. It really depends on what effects you want and how big your imagination is...  cheese

Is there someplace I can get these traps of yours WillieSea? I saw the tripwire ones on Nexus, but is there anything else? I will definitely need some traps in the Spire, a lot of custom ones too, eventually. That's a huge part of the mod. Maybe you would be willing to help me with those when the time came? (a while from now)

Lost Sword is next on my list of mods to play. Currently I'm engrossed in the Lost Spires.

• 3 weeks later...

Da Mage is planning an update for Lost Sword in the next week or so. First off, we are going to scrap the OBSE version of the mod and only provide updates and support for the Non-Obse version. This is to help him look after the continuous upkeep of the mod which is much harder with multiple versions.

He also has a small list of things being addressed in the update!  :rofl:  Here it is, minus one or two that will be surprises.  

From Mage:

Here's a list of changes that I want to add:

1. Provide the Claymore version of the sword. (Alternate .esp)

2. Add in the randomization of the clues (More on this at release)

3. Make An-Arane Cey a leveled sword.

4. Add more clutter to the end area, now to link with the next mod.

5. Fix the enchantment as I don't like the Non-OBSE how it is

6. General Bug fixing (Now you wont be able to screw it up as much)

7. Other goodies that I'm not going to give away.

8. Tidy up the files

Any of these may change if problems occur, but all seem quite possible right now.

I want this to be a 2.0 release as it has many changes and will require you to uninstall the old version to install the new. This files have been moved around to make the mod easier to uninstall, it was a bit messy before.