DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids

WhoGuru

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will notice on the 'recharge' that I play a thunder sound effect, and the sword vanishes from your hands, and then you pull it out again. Its not too bad an effect. Should not bother your attacking too much, as you have to make a kill before this happens.

The scripting was easy, easy, easy...

Let me know if you would like any changes in the way the script works.

Will, that is fantastic!  I especially love the thunder you added when the sword replenishes.  That was a brilliant touch!   :pints:  I am in awe, really, not being silly here.  Thank you!!!

okaay, did some testing and found a bug.

the counter stops ater the first recharge. so it only every recharges once.

edit: i also prefer only 10 killa, twelve seems a little long. i had to kill the entire market district before i could get my recharge.

I followed the shore line and killed mudcrabs for an easy 12 kills.I forgot to reset the global variable to 0. Just a second...

yeah, but it take upwards of 4-5 hits to do in an NPC.....

i thought that might have been the issue.

I followed the shore line and killed mudcrabs for an easy 12 kills.I forgot to reset the global variable to 0. Just a second...
yeah, but it take upwards of 4-5 hits to do in an NPC.....i thought that might have been the issue.

Well, if the charge empties before you've made the obligatory 10 kills, it stops counting kills as the enchantment is empty.  Gotta use a soul gem or two.   I found that out getting whooped on by guards in the market district just now. lol

How about this?

scn ASWeapElvenLongswordEnchantScriptref Targetref selfshort KillingBlowbegin ScriptEffectStart	set KillingBlow to 0	set target to GetSelf	set self to GetSelfendbegin ScriptEffectUpdate	if ( KillingBlow == 0 )		if ( Target.GetDead == 1 )			PlayMagicShaderVisuals effectASFireStuff			if ( ASSwordKills = 1 ) && ( ASSwordKills = 11 )				Set KillingBlow to 1			endif		endif	elseif ( KillingBlow == 2 )		Message "  "		Message "  "		player.AddItem ASWeapElvenLongSword 1		Set KillingBlow to 3	elseif ( KillingBlow == 3 )		Message "  "		Message "  "		player.EquipItem ASWeapElvenLongSword		Set KillingBlow to 1	endifendbegin ScriptEffectFinish	if ( Killingblow > 0 )		StopMagicShaderVisuals effectASFireStuff	endifend

What bug?If you are going to empty a magical weapon, then you have to live with that!If 10 is too many souls, then it can be lowered. Or you can lower the 'charge' cost per hit.

He's right Mage, that's not a bug, just a testament to how much that particular guard did not want to die!

I would say, lowering the charge cost per strike would be the better way to go, if we are going to play with it.  Give the player more than 36 strikes before they're empty.  Would be nice for when they're higher level.
That and perhaps up the sword's base damage just a touch.  I mean, if we're gonna tweak it, let's tweak it. LOL

If you want, you can make different power swords, that gains in power as the player gains in power. (Levels)

That way, low level players don't have a killer sword, and high level players don't have a useless sword.

And I disagree with making it easy to recharge the weapon. If a player is going to waste the sword charges on powerful creatures and run it out of a charge, then they just are not playing smartly and deserve the empty husk of a weapon. That is my  :pints:

Okay.  How about this.  We keep the charge at 36 and number of creatures killed at 10 but up the base damage of the sword.  I want it to be slightly more powerful that it should be.  That would also have the added effect of making the final fight in the quest even more difficult.  aa_tongue.gif  I'm all for that!

I like the idea of having the sword level accordingly as well.  The base damage and enchantments ensure that even at a low level the sword will not be worthless and would in fact grow in strength with the player.  Let's run with those ideas.   :pints:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATES:

The NonOBSE Version of Lost Sword now has a fully functioning sword! Thank you WillieSea! If you've downloaded the non-obse version of our mod before today, go to the download page and grab the NonOBSE Update file. Copy over your old .esp with the new and everything will work perfectly now!   :D

Here's some clarification:

An-Arane Cey's recharge function, "Ayleid Hunger", works slightly different in each version.

OBSE - Every creature killed with the sword restores 500 points to the sword's enchantment charge

NonOBSE - The sword will "Count" your kills. When you reach 11, it is fully repaired and recharged.

The Chameleon effect on the blade was a fix Mage used to remove the stock red glow Oblivion gives enchanted items. We didn't like it. LMAO  It will have no effect on your character nor any creature you strike. It's purely visual.

There was a brief period today where a faulty version of the esp's were available for download. In these, the voice overs would not function. THIS HAS BEEN FIXED!  Re-download the appropriate update and everything will be fine.

Hey for the sequel of this i could do some basic rigging of dungeons for you eg building dungeon but not traps or clutter(well i traps are always fun....) Also pathing i could do some of that, i got a bit of free time coming up for when im resting from study for exams :gather: .

So give me an pm if you need any of that =D

Hey for the sequel of this i could do some basic rigging of dungeons for you eg building dungeon but not traps or clutter(well i traps are always fun....) Also pathing i could do some of that, i got a bit of free time coming up for when im resting from study for exams :gather: .So give me an pm if you need any of that =D

hey that would still be helpful. even if you dont want to clutter it.

no rush for anything like that though, im still working on the first one (cluttering), we have Honor working on the second one, and a design for the three one.