DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids

WhoGuru

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Stryder!  :pints:  Thank you for that!   I feel the sudden need to include it in the threads. LOL  Talk about a promo!

Only one thing, you've propagated Mage's mis-spelling of the sword's name!   :smarty:

It's An-Arane Cey   - got an extra C in Arane. lol

Wow. Just.... wow.

Downloaded this yesterday. Will be installing it today, and playing it whenever..... I tend to be rather slow and methodical in my play style.

As for the "No quest markers" bit.... yep, that is going to appeal to a lot of folks that were disappointed with the hand-holding in oblivion. (and I am one of them) How Morrowindish of you. (yous??)

Excellent work. Looking forward to playing it.

LOL  Thank you Wind!  I hope you love it!  And yes, Morrowind was the reason for the lack of quest markers.  I was a MW fan long before Oblivion, so this is a bit of a tribute.  :pints:   If I have my way, the sequel will be as well.  tee hee

Thanks Stryder!  Shadowhider said THANK YOU! lol  It's the closest he'll get to seeing the mod he helped create as he plays on 360.  aa_tongue.gif  Yep...brilliant with textures and stuck on a Mac.  LOL

I'm compiling a list of spelling errors/typos that need to be fixed if/when  we update at some point.  If anyone notices anything, let me know please?  I already know, the Sword's name is spelled wrong in the book title page and Ayleid is spelled wrong in every journal update :lmao:

Had to post this glowing and detailed review sent be a teammate.  :foodndrink:   I was hoping the battle would still be epic at high levels!  WOO HOO!  :D

==================

The sword is mine......MUWHAAHAAHAA!!  :pints:

What an ending! Thought I might have my backside handed to me, but my Level 59 Breton Spellsword won the sword, and emerged from melee combat with only minor scratches.

He was well-equipped:

1. Perfect Madness Armor (top-leveled).

2. Apocalypse Sword.

3. Escutcheon of Chorrol (top-leveled).

4. Ring of Perfection.

5. Mundane Ring.

6. Top-Leveled "Cruelty" amulet from the DB.

I really enjoyed how the scene switched between 1st & 3rd-person. Soundtrack & graphics are fabulous (but I thought the Ayleid Skeleton's nose looked a bit funny).

Thought I was going to have a tough time of it, so before he even started his first swing, I had a summoned Dremora Lord on-hand (120 seconds) with three Fortify spells cast on him for Strength, HP, & Magicka (each spell boosted all three). Then I hit a hotkey & summoned the Midas Angel (she loves to fight undead things).

omg.... I even quickly hit "F3" so I could select my "Nuclear Option" (Midas Summon Balrog)  :lmao:

Now that's desperation - the Balrog will kill all your enemies first, then come after whoever summoned him. Glad I didn't have to call on him.

Beautiful sword. The flame animation is well-done. Makes me think of Ghost Rider.

Too bad no matching armor, but that's OK.

What in the world is "Ayleid Hunger"?

===============

And to answer the question, "Ayleid Hunger" is a modified form of Soul Trap.  The sword casts it on strike and then 'eats' the soul of creatures it kills to recharge itself!  :D  So, if you're trying to fill Soul Gems, you'll need to swap weapons for a moment. lol

Happy, anyone who puts studies ahead of entertainment receives WICKED propers in my book! I don't think this goose will be flying soon. I like your disposition so if you have free time when the time comes, I'll be more than happy to see what you have!  :AK47:

BTW- I love clutter!  :pints:

Clutter is nice. A mindless fun job it is!Any updates?! Updates are always nice :P

Clutter rules and so do updates!   :pints:   We are now starting in earnest on building!  Thanks to Rider generously giving us a project forum, things should start speeding along from here!  WOO HOO!!

Now I just need to stop farting around and write it!   :drool:

Good luck with that  :drool: I don't see a project forum  :no: must be hidden still aa_tongue.gif

Yep.  Sorry!   :pints:  Keeping it under our hats for now.  Wouldn't want to give everything away too soon!  Don't worry, bigger and better!   Though you may curse us after release. LOL

Don't want to get ahead though.  We've just started.  We'll get there!  :P

I had some 'unusual' experiences in this mod.

I don't know if my 'issues' were related to removing the OBSE or not, but most of the script changes were just to recharge the weapon, and control the players controls.

If you are interested, I can post them up.

The skeleton died in one arrow hit, and the wraith in 3 or 4 from my sword. It tried to throw magic at me, but I am adept at dodging that easily enough. Step in, hack, step back, dodge left and right.

It was a fun adventure through the entire land of Cyrodiil. And I did feel like I was being 'toyed' with. It took me to some dungeons I had never entered before, thats for sure.

Actually Wil I would like to hear about them.  We had some post in the other REL thread yesterday who said he repeatedly got stuck at the point where the guardian is supposed to walk forward and meet the player.  He had to shoot him from the doorway until it chased after him to finish the quest.  Wierd bug and so far the only one I've heard of.

Ket me know what you found!   :drool:

I usually walk around with my bow, an arrow nocked at any time my 'Life sense' detects anything. I did not shoot the arrow at the skeleton as he walked forward. When he reached me, the arrow discharged of its own and the skeleton simply died. There was no conversation or anything, just walk up and get shot dead.

The quest pop-up then said, 'after my conversation with the skeleton...' or something like that. It slightly confused me as there was no conversation. Anyway, the wraith then pop-ed in and I just hacked at him with my sword, finishing him off realatively easily.

The quest did not start with a dream sequence or anything either, I just went to the book store and 'took' the book since it was unowned, and the shop-keeper would not sell it to me. I was a bit confused there, and had at first bought all the books thinking thats what I needed to do. With no luck there, I finally noticed the glowing note and started off on the adventure.

Its a good thing I have the teleport system in the Ancient Towers! LOL!

It was a fun adventure, a bit tough finding the locations at times, but not impossible. Your team did a good job on it.

LOL  GLad to know we did well leading people on a merry chase cross Cyrodiil!  

Hmm, we'll have to ask Mage about the one hit kill.  That sounds off.  Most everyone I've talked to has had at least some difficulty with the Guardian.  Mage tried to overpower him just a bit on purpose.  

You have to actually sleep for the dream sequence to occur.   aa_tongue.gif  8 hours is good and the dream kicks you out of sleep almost immediately.  I did put that in the read me.  Honest!  

So, you haven't even heard the GUardian's dialogue?  Rider's voice over was awesome!  Ok, you have to reload and do that again, without the notched arrow please!  LOL

EDIT:  Okay, we have one bug, if the player is not in 1st person when entering the guardian's chamber, the game bugs.

Mage Says: "the end cutscene was really hard to make as nothing of the like has been done before in the game. the best way, if its not going very well is to go through the arch into the big room in first person heading directly forward, else the animation wont play properly and none of the other triggers will play."

I found this one myself while trying to get a screen of the guardian.  I'd toggled the camera free to go get a shot of him and when I went back to actually enter the chamber, was still in 3rd person view and it froze. lol  Everything.  I had to use the keyboard and arrow keys to close Oblivion as I couldn't move the cursor even.  Any idea what would cause this?  and can it be fixed?

About your 'edit' above.

I had removed all the 'Player Control' commands, mostly because I hate them. I should be able to move anywhere I want unless I am paralyzed, thats my philosophy. Anyway, they caused me no problem cause they are gone in my version. Some of them were OBSE, so they had to go in order to play the mod.

Of course, that means the 'fancy OBSE' sword is no longer fancy, just a plain old sword.  :blush: